Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

RB Dyno Day 21lbs

FBO G5 ISO 21 BMS Flash E60 Meth

After having a great first outing at a local test and tune track (11.5 at 126 on street tires) I figured it was time to get some dyno numbers. For whatever reason, they were having some problems with the RPM pickup causing a blank spot in the graph but the path is still pretty clear.

Max WHP 503 | Max WTQ 517
    Click here to enlarge

Log:
    Click here to enlarge

Big thanks to Terry for the support!

Now I am curious to see what it might do with a tank of 109!
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4/MHD | Alpina | Level10 VB | RB EVOs | RPI Quad Exhaust | AR DP's
    100% E85 | Port Injection | Fuel-It Stg 3 | DIY FMIC | ER CP W/Synapse BOV
    Best ET: 10.9 | Best MPH 133.4
    Fuel by Fuel-it! - http://www.fuel-it.biz/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great results!
    09 135i. Auto. BMS intake. CPE catless downpipes. HPF intercooler. BMS ww meth kit. BMS JB4/G5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks.

I think Max WTQ should be more like aprox 500 but it is right in that general area!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome numbers!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting curves for such claimed "scientific" approach and tuning superiority to tuning RB turbos.

@trickcruiser , no intention of bashing you or your car at all. I'm just making fun of the last few weeks of Terry's bashfest looking at both your log and dyno (not talking about the RPM pickup).

That AFR is spiking to 16.5-17:1 it seems, and its a jb/cobb stack and a very recent firmware (22 was just released with just some minor cleanup I believe, no tuning changes). There's also a dip at 3200rpm which seems boost control related maybe as well as some throttle closure/plate action. I'd expect nothing less than absolute perfection and consistency from this setup.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

9 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno,
    I appreciate any helpful input that might help improve my performance and respect what you do for the N54 community.

As far as any of the BS that is going on with you, Terry, Vargas, Vinshu, etc. I would appreciate it if you (and the others) would please keep it out of my post.

Thank you,

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Interesting curves for such claimed "scientific" approach and tuning superiority to tuning RB turbos.

@trickcruiser , no intention of bashing you or your car at all. I'm just making fun of the last few weeks of Terry's bashfest looking at both your log and dyno (not talking about the RPM pickup).

That AFR is spiking to 16.5-17:1 it seems, and its a jb/cobb stack and a very recent firmware (22 was just released with just some minor cleanup I believe, no tuning changes).
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Another RB car in the 500 club. Congrats man great numbers on the dyno AND the track!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Another RB car in the 500 club. Congrats man great numbers on the dyno AND the track!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Rob, I have been really happy with the results and doing this running E60 is great.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by trickcruiser Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno,
    I appreciate any helpful input that might help improve my performance and respect what you do for the N54 community.

As far as any of the BS that is going on with you, Terry, Vargas, Vinshu, etc. I would appreciate it if you (and the others) would please keep it out of my post.

Thank you,
    I'm sorry and you're right. Here's some tuning input I'd like to share with you:

1) I'd have your boost control cleaned up so there's no throttle closures and your TPS isn't oscillating. Its not affecting your overall power output given throttle isn't majorly closing but its something to cleanup. You may feel it in the car a tiny bit as a hesitation at times while under WOT. There's boost overshooting target in the peak power area from 5k to 5.7k it seems contributing to this throttle closure/activity.

2) 17:1 AFR lean run at what looks to be held to 18psi which then comes down towards target. I am surprised to see this with a backend flash. However, given that the bms flash is running lower than stock load targets while forcing higher boost levels (and in turn higher MAF levels) than the DME is actually seeing and given that the DME has MAF in its fuel calcs it may require some changes on your flash to help it improve.

None of these things should be hard to address. With Cobb only, no JB stacked, your fueling would be sorted out of the box with an E30 OTS map and meth sprayed. WGDC Base table would be the only one requiring attention to get your boost in line and avoid throttle closures.

With the amount of boost you're running at peak power, E60 and meth, we could probably do around 520whp with Cobb only while having stable AFR, no throttle closures and more torque if you so desired. We've done it with @G.I.Joe on less E85, no meth and I think a touch less boost while making more than 520whp.

If you go with MS109 it can add up to 4% more power on its own over pump octane due to it being oxygenated so I'd expect your car to pick up about 15-20whp just by switching to MS109.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 06-04-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno,
    Thank you, this is really helpful and I appreciate it greatly!

I was not clear on one thing in my original post, Terry has been a HUGE help in getting the car to this point. I had requested a more aggressive flash and this is the result. So with that, and the info you provided, I should prob go back to the base RB flash.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PS. The base RB flash was used with an 80 add to run 11.5 at 126mph. Also it pulled the 505whp but lower tq. I was getting greedy...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

11 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This tuner war $#@! is getting old again. It did 5 years ago and it is now. Dzenno you did not post here to help the OP. everyone knows this. You just wanted to publicly criticize a log/dyno posted by a BMS customer. Then the back and forth continues. The $#@! is getting old honestly. Every time I look in a thread it's either LM and Vargas bashing each other or you and Terry going back and forth. @Sticky take note. I hope I speak for the masses when I say it's making me visit here less and less for sure.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree!

Dzenno came back in a very respectful and helpful manner. Please let it be squashed.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This tuner war $#@! is getting old again. It did 5 years ago and it is now. Dzenno you did not post here to help the OP. everyone knows this. You just wanted to publicly criticize a log/dyno posted by a BMS customer. Then the back and forth continues. The $#@! is getting old honestly. Every time I look in a thread it's either LM and Vargas bashing each other or you and Terry going back and forth. @Sticky take note. I hope I speak for the masses when I say it's making me visit here less and less for sure.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Two reasons why I posted. Main reason I'm truly tired of BS coming from Terry last few weeks and constant bashing and backhanded comments. Second reason is I've always provided constructive input to everyone on these forums regardless of tuning and I've done so here as well.

I totally agree with you when it comes to bashing. It is truly old and most people are tired of it. Everyone is trying to do their best I'm sure of it. To some its not enough to show results though and that's been made quite clear. Have you seen this thread and where it went from two guys having a friendly race on conservative tunes?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...tage-2-unveil)

That's just one of many examples of why I'm personally just sick and tired of the nonsense honestly.

@trickcruiser, sorry for ruining the thread man, really am and I do hope that input helps even with side comments to Terry. I'm sure he'll sort you out without any issues at all. Your car is putting down very strong numbers at the dyno and the strip where at the end of the day it really matters.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice numbers man, congrats. BigD, what do you expect? Its a forum with competition. People are out to promote themselves, you think thats going to change. As far as me and LM bashing each other. He never stops his pointless BS, I got tired of it. I let everyone know if they post a thread about our products to block him out of it if they do not want it derailed, no one listens and then he comes in and does just that. Dzenno gave the guy some good advice, not sure why you are all in his thread telling other people what to do tagging sticky like a team mom letting the coach know kids are chewing gum in the dugout. Just congratulate and move in. Car is making good power, OP is happy. Nothing else really matters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the dyno and logs, always helpful. I am close to maxed out on hardware, but its good to know I can go for more power in the in future when I want to.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys!

My reason for posting was to do two things.

1: Really proud of my car Click here to enlarge
    2: Show RB's at 21lbs as a data point

But if some areas of improvement come up, then that is a great bonus!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Solid results, log looks clean. Next time with a little more octane on tap you should see another 15rw with the higher advance flash. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Solid results, log looks clean. Next time with a little more octane on tap you should see another 15rw with the higher advance flash. Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Terry! We will push it a little further in a few weeks when I get my hands on some 109. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I'm sorry and you're right. Here's some tuning input I'd like to share with you:

1) I'd have your boost control cleaned up so there's no throttle closures and your TPS isn't oscillating. Its not affecting your overall power output given throttle isn't majorly closing but its something to cleanup. You may feel it in the car a tiny bit as a hesitation at times while under WOT. There's boost overshooting target in the peak power area from 5k to 5.7k it seems contributing to this throttle closure/activity.

2) 17:1 AFR lean run at what looks to be held to 18psi which then comes down towards target. I am surprised to see this with a backend flash. However, given that the bms flash is running lower than stock load targets while forcing higher boost levels (and in turn higher MAF levels) than the DME is actually seeing and given that the DME has MAF in its fuel calcs it may require some changes on your flash to help it improve.

None of these things should be hard to address. With Cobb only, no JB stacked, your fueling would be sorted out of the box with an E30 OTS map and meth sprayed. WGDC Base table would be the only one requiring attention to get your boost in line and avoid throttle closures.

With the amount of boost you're running at peak power, E60 and meth, we could probably do around 520whp with Cobb only while having stable AFR, no throttle closures and more torque if you so desired. We've done it with @G.I.Joe on less E85, no meth and I think a touch less boost while making more than 520whp.

If you go with MS109 it can add up to 4% more power on its own over pump octane due to it being oxygenated so I'd expect your car to pick up about 15-20whp just by switching to MS109.
    1) There is no throttle closure in these logs. Are you feeling OK? Boost control is spot on where it should be.
    2) This is an E60 map targeting close to stoich at lower RPM utilizing lean spool. He can switch to the "race" map for much richer AFR targets but I've found these leaner targets especially down low and during spool provide much stronger response on road with similar timing stability when using a heavy ethanol mix. I run ethanol often so have plenty of experience with it. Ultimately it's the customers choice though. The RB turbo "race" flash runs the "traditional" air/fuel targets.
    3) In my experience MS109 does not make more power than E60 all else being equal. But MS109 does offer a higher effective octane which means you can throw a little more advance at it.
    4) With your tuning & advice in place based on recent dynos & 1/2 mile runs he'd probably be looking at around 475rw and 150mph in the 1/2 mile... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    1) There is no throttle closure in these logs. Are you feeling OK? Boost control is spot on where it should be.
    2) This is an E60 map targeting close to stoich at lower RPM utilizing lean spool. He can switch to the "race" map for much richer AFR targets but I've found these leaner targets especially down low and during spool provide much stronger response on road with similar timing stability when using a heavy ethanol mix. I run ethanol often so have plenty of experience with it. Ultimately it's the customers choice though. The RB turbo "race" flash runs the "traditional" air/fuel targets.
    3) In my experience MS109 does not make more power than E60 all else being equal. But MS109 does offer a higher effective octane which means you can throw a little more advance at it.
    4) With your tuning in place based on recent dynos he'd probably be looking at around 475rw and 150mph in the 1/2 mile... Click here to enlarge
    @trickcruiser, would you like me to continue in your thread with further explanation?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Op very solid numbers. Exactly what I expect from RB turbos. I bet 60-130 numbers are terrific.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @trickcruiser , would you like me to continue in your thread with further explanation?
    Thank you respecting my thread. I am all about learning more and if it helps in some way to improve my car as well as others then great! But if it is more of the normal tuner war BS than please no.
    Thank you kindly.

Op very solid numbers. Exactly what I expect from RB turbos. I bet 60-130 numbers are terrific.
    She runs really well man. I need a VBOX to get some actual numbers.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BOOYAH!?

am i allowed to market that? Cant wait to see what ChuckD does with them.. (thought he had VTT's though, odd)

either way, another happy RB customer here, 500+ is no joke. Gott alove a guy that tracks it, dyno's, and posts logs.

Some people would rather not post logs because, well, i dunno why, scared i guess Click here to enlarge but great work you have their, a winning combination

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast