Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

N55 Turbo upgrade intro price and list for batch 1 pre-orders

Hey guys,

Ok so we are getting close to being ready to begin testing on this and I am getting a LOT of interest. A company from the middle east called me and wanted to buy 5 of them on the spot sight unseen. This tells me it is time to start taking pre-orders so I can get a list together as I am only able to do about 10 of these on the first run due to the cost and availability of cores. The intro price for these is going to $3499, for this you get a genuine Garrett Dual Ball bearing CHRA with a custom reverse rotation GTX compressor wheel, custom reverse rotation Garrett turbine wheel, and all the needed lines to convert it over. The turbine and compressor housings are staying the same so all those connections will be plug and play. There of course are other supporting mods needed, as well as a tune. We will be working with PTF as well as Terry on the initial tune as the Cobb N55 software should be ready by the time we are, and BT will have the capabilities to tune these as well. I just had a customer email me and ask if it will compatible with the Procede, that is yet to be seen, but I do not see what Shiv cant tune for these. I will take a total of 5 intro price orders this batch and I will be requiring a 50% deposit to reserve your spot( if the interest is very high, I may add more intro price spots). Spots will be reserved in order of deposit taken and will be shipped in the same order. If interested please email me directly at Tony@vargasturbo.com and we can get everything set up. As always thanks everyone for the support.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-03-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome. Unless I missed it, rough ETA on shipment for those who will surely want to know.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Awesome. Unless I missed it, rough ETA on shipment for those who will surely want to know.
    Good catch. ETA on shipping these bad boys would be about 1-2 months. We need to get the proto on the car and do some testing and tuning then we can start shipping. We had more then enough wheels made, the cores are a bigger issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

That sounds awesome, I wish I had either n54 or n55. Tony whatever you're doing, you're doing it right.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any estimated or guestimated improvements? Everyone is going to ask this I assume before purchasing.

Great to see you bring a new option to the table.

How do you think a FBO N54 with VTT Stg 2s will compare to an FBO N55 with your upgrade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    any estimated or guestimated improvements? Everyone is going to ask this I assume before purchasing.

Great to see you bring a new option to the table.

How do you think a FBO N54 will compare to an FBO N55?
    I have no idea what you are asking? by Improvements you mean? If you are talking hardware, you are getting rid of stock journal bearing turbo that was to small and replacing it with a BB/GTX unit that supports 500+ WHP. No one knows how they are going to do as no one has been there yet. Its like asking how the N54 was going to respond to a stage 2 upgrade before the tuning was in place. No one knew but the hardware coming out is basically what opened it up. This is basically the same thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I have no idea what you are asking? by Improvements you mean? If you are talking hardware, you are getting rid of stock journal bearing turbo that was to small and replacing it with a BB/GTX unit that supports 500+ WHP. No one knows how they are going to do as no one has been there yet. Its like asking how the N54 was going to respond to a stage 2 upgrade before the tuning was in place. No one knew but the hardware coming out is basically what opened it up. This is basically the same thing.
    Sorry for asking how your product will perform or how you think it will perform. My bad. I guess I am out of line.

In my industry there are proven results before a product is sold. Must not be the case in this market.

edit: I have an honest question. Why don't you manufacture the parts, prove the output, and then sell to the market? Instead of multiple betas etc? If my company did it this way we would be out of business.
    Last edited by Torgus; 06-03-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the compressor wheel size and turbine housing AR?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    What is the compressor wheel size and turbine housing AR?
    Due to someone not being able to tell a reverse rotation turbo when he sees one and trying to play catch up, I will not be revealing the specs of my wheels so he can just follow suit. The turbine housing is not marked with an AR but it is good size. Thats the benefit of twin scroll you can go way bigger on the AR and still keep good spool. The N55 cores are nothing like the N54 they are massive housings with small wheels inside.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Due to someone not being able to tell a reverse rotation turbo when he sees one and trying to play catch up, I will not be revealing the specs of my wheels so he can just follow suit. The turbine housing is not marked with an AR but it is good size. Thats the benefit of twin scroll you can go way bigger on the AR and still keep good spool. The N55 cores are nothing like the N54 they are massive housings with small wheels inside.
    Got it. I was just gonna try to help the masses with some guesses based on compressor wheel size and possible spool up by AR size. I understand not disclosing exact info to competitors though. Good luck, the N55 crowd really needs this.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vargas N55 Turbo Upgrade + COBB ATR = A 135/335 with a Proper & Turn Key Single Turbo
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Got it. I was just gonna try to help the masses with some guesses based on compressor wheel size and possible spool up by AR size. I understand not disclosing exact info to competitors though. Good luck, the N55 crowd really needs this.
    Thanks man, I based my WHP estimates off real world number my exact turbine wheel and compressor combo have done on the dyno. I am thinking spool will def be slower then stock, but it shouldn't be too bad. We will know exactly how much slower pretty soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks man, I based my WHP estimates off real world number my exact turbine wheel and compressor combo have done on the dyno. I am thinking spool will def be slower then stock, but it shouldn't be too bad. We will know exactly how much slower pretty soon.
    Sounds good, 500whp is great for a single stock frame turbo pretty much.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very curious to see numbers, this would truly be platform progression as that engine has been very limited... Hopefully this will be an upgrade that will work for F30s as well.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would be nice if this was a viable option for the E7x crowd as well... Not that I would be doing this anytime soon, but, would be nice to know the option exists...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

9 out of 11 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    hey tony nice to speak to you yesterday its Faisal, cannot wait to get the turbo im counting down the days. Remember my birthdays in july =P make me happy!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Indoos Click here to enlarge
    hey tony nice to speak to you yesterday its Faisal, cannot wait to get the turbo im counting down the days. Remember my birthdays in july =P make me happy!
    repped you, don't know why you had 2 negative reps..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I'm perplexed as well.. Repped and welcome buddy.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Beats me lol $#@! I don't even do anything wrong lol. But looks like as a f30 owner I'm going to be limited under Terry's jb4 unless he comes out with a back end

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I repped you back @Indoos.

Don't worry about it... the same trolls ding me as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    I repped you back @Indoos .

Don't worry about it... the same trolls ding me as well.
    Thanks Dude i feel like its a love hate relationship already lol but thanks for making me feel welcomed guys! and repped you guys back.
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Best looking F30 I have seen @Indoos. Nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    Best looking F30 I have seen @Indoos . Nice.
    thanks god damn signature is huge lol
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Positive from me as well I don't get it either...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's great pricing Tony, really great.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast