Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Encore vs AA xpipe with HFC

I am wondering if anyone else has tried these two and noticed a significant difference in level of sound and performance? The Encore seemed much louder. I have a stock rear. I notice that the piping of the encore is on par with the OEM piping whereas the AA xpipe is smaller piping. I had my car dynoed with the encore awhile back and got 385 with hfc, tune and an air filter but later switched to AA xpipe with HFC's just to try it out. I felt on the butt dyno a bit slower.

Given pipe size is different I thought maybe there is some truth to this? I would also think encore with bigger pipes may be a choice for supercharged applications? I am changing back to encore for the sound alone. Both give a nice high pitch rasp but encore a much louder one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Why did you dyno one and not the other? Without doing so it is just speculation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I dynoed the encore long ago before I had it. I came across an AA one locally for cheap. I know there won't be a significant difference so to me no point in dynoing. There is enough data to show big gains with both and percent error would probably be within the difference. Just more of a sound and butt dyno thing but often with louder sound you feel faster! I am sure that is what it is. But does beg the question if people are beginning to construct larger diameter headers, does a larger diameter xpipe like encore make sense

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wannbm5 Click here to enlarge
    I know there won't be a significant difference so to me no point in dynoing.
    But then you can't rely on your butt dyno... and comments about how you feel regarding the performance have less support without hard data. Essentially it now becomes just an opinion when it could be objectively proven.

Just more of a sound and butt dyno thing but often with louder sound you feel faster! I am sure that is what it is.
    Very true.

But does beg the question if people are beginning to construct larger diameter headers, does a larger diameter xpipe like encore make sense
    You are sure the Encore is larger diamter? The larger headers will be for blown applications. I would think you would want added diameter in a supercharged application.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes I can measure again but they are the same diameter or circumfrence as stock. AA is slightly smaller