Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Thumbs up Radium Engineering E46 M3 Oil Catch Can Install and Review

I have always wanted to get an Oil Catch Can but I hesitated as everyone said there is no real need for it on an NA motor. Well after @stash1 posted the contents of his Oil Catch Can ( http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=443850 ) it prompted me into looking for one because I didn't want the gunk in my engine. I came upon a few of them which were pretty high quality and a lot of people also suggested building one from here and there and how that would be so much cheaper.

What I wanted was a high quality PnP application as I often do not have enough time to work on my own car. I came across the RADIUM ENGINEERING's newly released S54 E46 M3 Oil Catch Can. The quality looked amazing to start with so I shot them an email and they quickly replied back. Next day I had paid for it and it was on its way and when it arrived.........I knew I had made the right decision in going with Radium.

The kit came very well and safely packaged with all the parts you'll need to install the catch can including clear, detailed step by step instructions with pics. So I got around to installing it today and didn't let the FLU stop me LOL.

The Oil Catch Can itself.....
    Click here to enlarge

All the parts in the kit ready to install.....
    Click here to enlarge

Rubber support gromit installed (only for cars from 03-06 MY).....
    Click here to enlarge

Bracket Installed.....
    Click here to enlarge

Oil Catch Can Installed Loosely....
    Click here to enlarge

Cutting the Valve Cover Ventilation Hose to remove the connectors.....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Hoses Clamped with supplied Clamps to the correct locations on the valve cover and OEM CSL Airbox.....
    Click here to enlarge

Catch Can Installed and Tightened all Connectors etc. love the attention to detail on Radium's products. Notice the little green dipstick....
    Click here to enlarge

In this Pic the hoses are installed the wrong way around on the catch can. My Mistake....
    Click here to enlarge

Corrected and Completed Install.....
    Click here to enlarge

We Will have to see how much Gunk it collects lol. As I don't drive my car much or don't get the chance to drive it much it might be a while.

I just thought I would let all you good people know about http://www.radiumauto.com/default.aspx and their excellent service and products.

Thanks for reading.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for sharing, good write up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Nice pics and description! Might be getting one of these myself. How often will you have to service the canister?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hifiguy@gaphix Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for sharing, good write up!
    Thanks.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
    Nice pics and description! Might be getting one of these myself. How often will you have to service the canister?
    I am not sure but the best way to check would be the little green dipstick. They also sell a petcock drain kit:
    http://www.radiumauto.com/Catch-Can-...esM3-P298.aspx
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good thread Ejaz, nicely done as always.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Good thread Ejaz, nicely done as always.
    Cheers Bro.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice!

My buddy swears by Radium for their surge tank. I've seen it up close and personal and the thing is made with the utmost quality. I will definitely consider picking one of these up!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Very nice!

My buddy swears by Radium for their surge tank. I've seen it up close and personal and the thing is made with the utmost quality. I will definitely consider picking one of these up!
    Yeah the qualit is what made me go for it and their customer service is top notch. I would have gotten one for my R32 as well but I have a big yummy piece coming soon for the ///M.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Nice work Ejaz.

I am going over to Norm's to help install his Radium catch-can kit. I have a feeling this beast will find a home under my bonnet as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Nice work Ejaz.

I am going over to Norm's to help install his Radium catch-can kit. I have a feeling this beast will find a home under my bonnet as well.
    Ha ha Thats awesome! You really should get one. Its a quality piece.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Update: replaced the 90/90 connectors with a 180 degree molded hose.

Before. okay
    Click here to enlarge

After. Better
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update: replaced the 90/90 connectors with a 180 degree molded hose.

Before. okay
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...SAM_1921-1.jpg

After. Better
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...SAM_1924-1.jpg
    That looks much better. One more pic of complete engine bay please Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    That looks much better. One more pic of complete engine bay please Click here to enlarge
    I'm sorry Ejaz, I meant to post my little update in the thread I had started; not to highjack yours!
    Nevertheless, pic below of the bay.

After. Engine Bay
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sorry Ejaz, I meant to post my little update in the thread I had started; not to highjack yours!

After. Engine Bay
    http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...SAM_1934-1.jpg
    That a sexy engine bay. Your not hijacking anything bro! Thank you for contributing your Radium Catch can pics.

I hope more people will get this quality piece and post pics of their installs here.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

After. Engine Bay
    http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...SAM_1934-1.jpg
    Good looking engine bay you have there.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale