Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I don't usually neg rep so I don't know. I think the neg rep should be limited to once a day to the same person by that one person.

Don't worry though, I'll keep you alive with my rep points. I'll fully rep you with my 22 points or w/e I have. BTW, how do you keep checking that you get neg repped? I dont recieve any notifications.
    Go into your settings at the very top top right hand section. It shows what you give and what you receive.

and tks....
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Luke, In the past I gave you a neg rep when you had the whole jacob business going on. Having said that, I have also given you positive reps on other things.

I have no problem with people seeing who I neg rep them so am in agreement with what you suggest.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks @ecampbell, Posi repped you and @LZH. +25 points for both.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

back at ya..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks @ecampbell , Posi repped you and @LZH . +25 points for both.
    Thx bud, returned the favor Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Luke, In the past I gave you a neg rep when you had the whole jacob business going on. Having said that, I have also given you positive reps on other things.

I have no problem with people seeing who I neg rep them so am in agreement with what you suggest.
    And as I've stated in the past, I'm a big boy and can take my lumps. I too don't have a problem with people seeing who I neg rep. Like I said, if you can see who positive reps then you should also be able to see who neg reps. I think seeing who neg reps would just add transparency, which is never a bad thing and would allow the community to weed out people like this. @Sticky, you never know until you try it. Why not give it a shot and if it doesn't work you can always change it back?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You want me to be nicer to stupid people and haters? Send them flowers?

I'm sure there are things we could all do better. All I can do is keep working. Scratch that, work harder.
    you alienate your user base on a daily basis. what this place needs is for you to stay out of threads, but you wont. you call anyone that doesnt agree with your ideas a hater., everyone thats not you, or paying you is "stupid"

havent you noticed the steady decline of activity everytime you get your period, you never get it back either. the users here are not "stupid" they see whats happening. you have a choice, and you know whats right, you just cant stand to not have the last word, and in doing so, you'll be shouting in a room all by yourself when its over

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Like I said, if you can see who positive reps then you should also be able to see who neg reps. I think seeing who neg reps would just add transparency, which is never a bad thing and would allow the community to weed out people like this. @Sticky , you never know until you try it. Why not give it a shot and if it doesn't work you can always change it back?
    this is a bad idea. Mainly due to witch hunts and hive mind mentality, and back repping (unfortunately what seems to be happening here).
    IMO, you shouldn't be able to see who posi-repped you either. (now keep in mind i posi-repped ecambell's OP, he does tend to provide some good to the community, I hear he provides breakfast at events, so posi-rep that hard.).

Rep is supposed to mean that you made a good post or a bad post. People felt that your post added to the community, or took away from it. Now person A posi-reps person B for making a good post, person B sees this and posi-reps person A, for no other reason than just being a "good guy" and paying it forward.

There is nothing wrong with this, however person A gets posi-rep (and some "clout" due to the mentality of having more rep = providing more for the community, this is good, that's part of the purpose of rep), however did his post add anything to the community?

This is where repping becomes an issue. People rep because they are friends, they rep because someone repped them. at the same time they neg rep because they are internet-enemies, because someone neg repped them.

IMO Sticky, if possible, have your coder add some logic that disables repping posts over 6 months old (this eliminates people being dicks and going through back posts to neg rep), and limit the amount of times you can rep per day (say 15 posi/5 neg per 24 hours, but you can only posi-rep a person 8x and neg-rep 3x over 48 hours)

again, this is just my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I got the same thing today on my first post here (#4). I actually find it pretty funny, just shows how much we've gotten under their skin....and they think a measly couple negs every few days is going to make a difference LOL.

@Sticky , why don't you tell us all who is doing this so we as a community can put a stop to it ?? Isn't that what the rep system is for ? So the community/membership can moderate ? You've stated that in the past.

Users are able to see who positive reps them, so why can't we see who neg reps us ? Doesn't make sense IMO.
    I don't rat people out and won't. It's anonymouse and so it shall remain.

I will tweak that system and that's it. Users are free to use their rep as it is theirs. If they are specifically trying to target the most neg reps possible I blame myself for allowing that loophole and not them for exploiting it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you alienate your user base on a daily basis. what this place needs is for you to stay out of threads, but you wont. you call anyone that doesnt agree with your ideas a hater., everyone thats not you, or paying you is "stupid"
    No I call people who say stupid things, like those who can't understand the mathematical relationship between gearing and torque, stupid. I can't help it and never will.

havent you noticed the steady decline of activity everytime you get your period, you never get it back either. the users here are not "stupid" they see whats happening. you have a choice, and you know whats right, you just cant stand to not have the last word, and in doing so, you'll be shouting in a room all by yourself when its over
    All I see is a steady increase according to the stats. If people get mad because I talk back to the people who try to put me down so be it. I didn't build my site to cater to you or them.

I just donated BimmerBoost resources to a charity event, gave away a set of turbos to the community, gladly assist any members or travel to assist them, and people want to get mad because after 3 years I fire back at people who day in day out would put me down but you wouldn't have a problem with because it was me they were targeting? Well, I know what I do for the community and what my actions show so if a few lines of text outweighs that in your mind the problem I see is you.

I think I've come plenty far and the quality and work effort speaks for itself. Those who appreciate do and those who don't do not. I'll just work even harder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    IMO Sticky, if possible, have your coder add some logic that disables repping posts over 6 months old (this eliminates people being dicks and going through back posts to neg rep), and limit the amount of times you can rep per day (say 15 posi/5 neg per 24 hours, but you can only posi-rep a person 8x and neg-rep 3x over 48 hours)

again, this is just my opinion.
    This is definitely where I would go with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I don't rat people out and won't. It's anonymouse and so it shall remain.

I will tweak that system and that's it. Users are free to use their rep as it is theirs. If they are specifically trying to target the most neg reps possible I blame myself for allowing that loophole and not them for exploiting it.
    Sounds fair to me. But I would not make it so that you cannot pos/neg rep older threads. Just because they are older does not mean they are irrelevant to new users who use the search function.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

But I would not make it so that you cannot pos/neg rep older threads. Just because they are older does not mean they are irrelevant to new users who use the search function.
    Agree as well. New users can't rep anyway though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

No I call people who say stupid things, like those who can't understand the mathematical relationship between gearing and torque, stupid. I can't help it and never will.
    is that what happened to the MB user-base you had here? they were all stupid, or is it just jersey people you dislike?
    All I see is a steady increase according to the stats. If people get mad because I talk back to the people who try to put me down so be it. I didn't build my site to cater to you or them.
    really? you didnt build a forum, for members to congregate w/o being harrased and bullied by a moderator.. yet you use "administrator" rights to speak stupidity at every turn, and use privileges that no other user has? you preached of a free user based moderating system, and then do as you please with no regard for the consequences. You feel the need "talk back" ? noone talks to you so who are you talking back to? once again, you enter discussion you haveno business being in, and get mad when people tell you the truth.
    I just donated BimmerBoost resources to a charity event, gave away a set of turbos to the community, gladly assist any members or travel to assist them, and people want to get mad because after 3 years I fire back at people who day in day out would put me down but you wouldn't have a problem with because it was me they were targeting? Well, I know what I do for the community and what my actions show so if a few lines of text outweighs that in your mind the problem I see is you.
    you gave away shirts for what? oh thats awesome. did you send any money there, or is that a tax write off as charitable,AND PROMOTIONAL.. what charity are showing by giving your shirts away?
    you gave turbos away? good.
    you think everything on this forum is about you. you take it as a personal issue not business, but want to run it like a business, well guess what, noone wants to deal with a dick. your justifying attacking people in one sentence and then saying you dont attack, so which is it?

quality has gone to $#@!, everyone see's it. the fact you dont recognize those that HELPED YOU, directed traffic, and guided the site into being a place people wanted to be, is pathetic and shows in spades.

when your in the room all by yourself, its gonna be a helluva lot of work my friend

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

is that what happened to the MB user-base you had here? they were all stupid, or is it just jersey people you dislike?

really? you didnt build a forum, for members to congregate w/o being harrased and bullied by a moderator.. yet you use "administrator" rights to speak stupidity at every turn, and use privileges that no other user has? you preached of a free user based moderating system, and then do as you please with no regard for the consequences. You feel the need "talk back" ? noone talks to you so who are you talking back to? once again, you enter discussion you haveno business being in, and get mad when people tell you the truth.

you gave away shirts for what? oh thats awesome. did you send any money there, or is that a tax write off as charitable,AND PROMOTIONAL.. what charity are showing by giving your shirts away?
    you gave turbos away? good.
    you think everything on this forum is about you. you take it as a personal issue not business, but want to run it like a business, well guess what, noone wants to deal with a dick. your justifying attacking people in one sentence and then saying you dont attack, so which is it?

quality has gone to $#@!, everyone see's it. the fact you dont recognize those that HELPED YOU, directed traffic, and guided the site into being a place people wanted to be, is pathetic and shows in spades.

when your in the room all by yourself, its gonna be a helluva lot of work my friend
    When e-mailing me asking for money for your events and then talking down on me the next post it doesn't make me want to help you.

We've all said stupid things online. I'm here to help you out and anyone else ok? Gladly no prob I got your back.

The site has gotten big and I need to be more professional. You are right sorry that is something I will work on this isn't just a playground any longer I can't do whatever I want I need to do what is best for the site and community which means more responsibility.

So why don't we just all move on positively ok? After a few years I let loose a bit no harm intended I think talking trash online is different from real life, but I'll work on this and be more mature. So let's do what's best for everyone and improve the sites, events, and have fun without BS forum politics ok steven?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I got negged pretty harshly about an hour ago in this thread for no reason. Probably someone trolling. Sigh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I agree with lm...This site does have a lot of potential, but some of the bickering is over the top, there needs to be a mediator, a nuetral manager that keeps the theme of the forum going, growing, and progressing. Not to involved but involved enough to understand what the forum needs next to improve..
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well the community does that as is and wil continue to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

When e-mailing me asking for money for your events and then talking down on me the next post it doesn't make me want to help you.
    i thought you run a business? or, i thought you wanted me to do the legwork for free, while you reap the reward, much like all the ground pounding traffic directing and video referneces ive done, all for no payment, but now when it comes to real business, you have an issue with it?
    The site has gotten big and I need to be more professional. You are right sorry that is something I will work on this isn't just a playground any longer I can't do whatever I want I need to do what is best for the site and community which means more responsibility.
    this is true, you've been aware of what you need to do, hopefully you start doing it
    So why don't we just all move on positively ok? After a few years I let loose a bit no harm intended I think talking trash online is different from real life, but I'll work on this and be more mature. So let's do what's best for everyone and improve the sites, events, and have fun without BS forum politics ok steven?
    it would be nice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok then I'll work at it and we build things up not bring people down and benefit everyone who wants to enjoy cars regardless of setup or tuner as intended.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

good plan

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    And then there was positivity...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Speaking of rep, @LostMarine daily? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice to see grown men talking finally.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I got negged pretty harshly about an hour ago in this thread for no reason. Probably someone trolling. Sigh.
    I got you back Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast