Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I believe I poked the giant with a stick! Click here to enlarge
    He is now thinking about sending his Audi to Underground Racing which would build the motor and install twin turbos! It would be the only Audi R8 V10 w/ twin turbos in the world.
    thats insane

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I could of sworn they already did an R8: http://www.undergroundracing.com/vehicles/audi-r8-v10

Maybe they haven't, I know Heffner has done the V8.
    UR told my buddy they have yet to do one. He is a little nervous about being the first one and is now debating on getting a Lambo Twin Turbo now since they have already done plenty of those.

We plan to run again from 3rd gear and video it soon. The cars are more evenly matched from 3rd gear.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

UR told my buddy they have yet to do one. He is a little nervous about being the first one and is now debating on getting a Lambo Twin Turbo now since they have already done plenty of those.
    It really isn't that big of a difference, they have done DFI Gallardo's, they can do the R8 as well.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by V10man
    My apologies for breaking in on the R8 bashing, but I think Mike (AKA Sneaky Bastard) might be leaving out some very interesting details about what really happen on that day!! Someone complained about engine trouble when he got smoked 3 times!!!!!! Also the whole thing was a set up on behalf on the M3, I was told we were just riding, (notice I never really stayed in the so called race).. Also I never checked to see if he was running NOS. So maybe the videos that are not being shown might pop up soon???? It nevertheless was very interesting to see how the cars performed and my BUDDY aswell.. But I fully intend to have a real race between the two cars at a location where its fair and legal. More to come soon.........
    What happened here?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i love drama ,especially when expensive and/or highly modded cars are involved Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

nice pull
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    What happened here?
    I don't even understand what is going on, they ran and honked seemed the R8 driver knew exactly what was going on.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    There are those who won't because if it is a decisive loss (which it would be, and they know it) it will ruin the portrayal of ESS on the boards as well as their relationship with ESS. Don't you think this would have already happened if there wasn't pressure from ESS to prevent it?

At every opportunity for a direct comparison ESS runs away from it. However, that doesn't represent the owners. A lot of them are just cool car guys who just want to have fun and could care less who wins or loses just like the OP. It is the politics that are the problem.
    Funny you say that as it seems to me that there are a lot more vids on youtube of ESS customers running against high HP cars than any other vendor. From what I have seen the ESS cars always do really well. I have seen DLSJ5 videos and his car is really fast but I have yet to see any other Gintani customer making vids. Can you direct me to some videos of Gintani customers other than DLSJ5 running some of the 5.5 psi and 6.5 psi Gintani kits on pump fuel ? I would think this would be a better comparison to what ESS cars are running. Also if you could post up some dyno's of the 5.5 psi cars and 6.5 psi cars with boost chart attached would be great as it seems there have never been any posted on this site or any other that I could find.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Longhorn Click here to enlarge
    Funny you say that as it seems to me that there are a lot more vids on youtube of ESS customers running against high HP cars than any other vendor. From what I have seen the ESS cars always do really well. I have seen DLSJ5 videos and his car is really fast but I have yet to see any other Gintani customer making vids. Can you direct me to some videos of Gintani customers other than DLSJ5 running some of the 5.5 psi and 6.5 psi Gintani kits on pump fuel ? I would think this would be a better comparison to what ESS cars are running. Also if you could post up some dyno's of the 5.5 psi cars and 6.5 psi cars with boost chart attached would be great as it seems there have never been any posted on this site or any other that I could find.

Thanks
    Hey Pencil Geek how you doin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thanks
    show me a video of an ESS car doing well against a high HP car please.. i have yet to see one....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    show me a video of an ESS car doing well against a high HP car please.. i have yet to see one....
    +1 Clearly their camp has a completely different idea of what doing "well" means I guess as long as they are somewhere in view they did ok....
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    x2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Hey Pencil Geek how you doin.
    Actually, it is the same user as Zonda 135, who you may remember was banned for PM'ing users anti-Gintani, anti-BimmerBoost, anti-you, rhetoric. This is the same user I traced to to ESS ip's from Arizona Click here to enlarge They are trying pretty hard, eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually, it is the same user as Zonda 135, who you may remember was banned for PM'ing users anti-Gintani, anti-BimmerBoost, anti-you, rhetoric. This is the same user I traced to to ESS ip's from Arizona Click here to enlarge They are trying pretty hard, eh?
    LOL ah well considering all Pencil geek talks about is that 5.5psi vs 6.5psi stuff I thought I had it down pretty good. Ah well those guys have nothing better to do. I mean I may not care for their products but I'm not going to waste my time PMing everyone on the forum about it LOL who does that and I'm most definitely not going to start all new screen names just to do so. They need to give it a rest imo and figure out why their cars aren't that fast for what they are supposed to be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Thanks
    No, what we see are ESS videos from M5board where Gustav won't release a video that portrays the company badly and ESS can pick and choose what they show. Wow, how nice that is.

That's weird, my car was at the track trapping 130 and there is a video and slip of it and Drew has the same. Why doesn't ESS go get concrete numbers and instead of showing vids and dyno's they hand pick / control?

Gintani customers other than Drew running 5.5-6.5 psi on pump? Sure, Niterider originally ran this boost. Sammy originally ran this boost. The thing is, since the Gintani kits don't have issues at higher boost like the ESS cars have they have been able to go as high at 9.5 psi on pump WITHOUT meth. Show me an ESS car doing that which has not needed an engine rebuild?

Also if you could post up some dyno's of the 5.5 psi cars and 6.5 psi cars with boost chart attached would be great as it seems there have never been any posted on this site or any other that I could find.
    I think before you start asking for boost logs you should check with ESS as they never release any boost logging with their graphs. I have a handful of graphs AJ sent me to try and prove they don't fudge their numbers, he left the boost graphs off every single one. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Thanks for playing, but ESS isn't going to be allowed to use these types of marketing tactics here especially after already being caught once. You do this yet you guys complain Gintani guys have had to register multiple names on bimmerpost? That's just too much. You guys want to prove yourselves? Man up and honor your word, meet Gintani and everyone else on the dyno like you said you would. Until then, go play with Gustav.

Oh, and frankly, I don't care who wins or loses, we all win by having multiple options on the market. The thing is, we want to see a direct comparison of these options. ESS has stood in the way of that simply because it is something they can't win and they know it. I like that users such as the OP provide us their view and results, which I feel we can trust more than what Gustav or ESS feed us directly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

LOL who does that and I'm most definitely not going to start all new screen names just to do so.
    He started PM'ing vendors and users trying to get them to leave here saying how turned off he was from buying their products (like Gintani) because of you and others, like he was ever in the market. They are starting to get desperate, and we just keep getting stronger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He started PM'ing vendors and users trying to get them to leave here saying how turned off he was from buying their products (like Gintani) because of you and others, like he was ever in the market. They are starting to get desperate, and we just keep getting stronger.
    Thats funny I have alot of fans from that camp. I guess I'm not supposed to say what I think. Kees Banned me from M5board (again) and then just so he can show his bias and bump the "Gintani rumor" thread he decided to make a post on that thread about how I was banned at my own request (as if that had anything to do with that thread). In reality I was banned because I asked for them to take the thread down or post up any actual proof of the rumor cause if not the thread is useless and all it does is attempt to make Gintani look bad to those that don't know. Of course it was started by Gaystav for that reason probably at Powerchip and ESS request. They really are getting desperate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so whats up with your buddy mikewads? he really called you out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    so whats up with your buddy mikewads? he really called you out.
    Ya I saw that too, not sure what is up with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

He is suppose to be getting a tune and exhaust for the R8, but until then I don't see a need to race him again nor has he asked me race. His 60-130 Vbox time was 10.3 seconds while my time on just supercharger is normally 8.8 secs (with the current temperature which is still in the 90s).
    Last edited by Mikewads; 09-19-2010 at 08:42 AM.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is suppose to be getting a tune and exhaust for the R8, but until then I don't see a need to race him again nor has he asked me race. His 60-130 Vbox time was 10.3 seconds while my time on just supercharger is normally 8.8 secs (with the current temperature which is still in the 90s).
    He only managed a 10.3? I would think that car should be in the 9's, when it's cooler out I'm sure he'll get there. Any new times with the VT625?
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    He only managed a 10.3? I would think that car should be in the 9's, when it's cooler out I'm sure he'll get there. Any new times with the VT625?
    I'm sure it will get better when the weather gets cooler and he shifts a little quicker. Nothing new on my end. Just enjoying the car. Hopefully I will have some new times to post in October or November.

R8 V10 / 60-130 Graph
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Mikewads; 09-21-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL he wasn't even a race really. The r8 is no slouch.

BTW, what was your setup in sig with the nitrous. A vt2-625 with nitrous?
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL he wasn't even a race really. The r8 is no slouch.

BTW, what was your setup in sig with the nitrous. A vt2-625 with nitrous?
    No, that time and dyno was done with the VT1 setup. I expect to get better numbers with the VT2-625 kit, but not by much since I've only added about 60 more whp.
    Last edited by Mikewads; 09-21-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

No, that time and dyno was done with the VT1 setup. I expect to get better numbers with the VT2-625 kit, but not by much since I've only added about 60 more whp.
    Should still allow you to crack the 6's comfortably which will be quite commendable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12