Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    ESS VT2-625 DCT vs Audi R8 V10

    Had some fun running my friends Audi R8 V10 the other day. Enjoy!

    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Great video! what are the specs on your car?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    Had some fun running my friends Audi R8 V10 the other day. Enjoy!

    Nicely done Mike! About how many cars did you pull?
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice! Wish we could see how bad you pulled!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That R8 is beautiful!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Great video! what are the specs on your car?
    2009 DCT, ESS VT2-625 supercharger, Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust, and a custom Nitrous setup. Nitrous not used in this video.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Nicely done Mike! About how many cars did you pull?
    Driver of the R8 said about 4-5 car lengths. He just kept going on about how fast the DCT shifts and how he dropped back every time he had to manually shift. His car with a dual clutch setup would be awesome.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Wish we could see how bad you pulled!
    Me too.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    That R8 is beautiful!
    They are gorgeous cars.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    nice run

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hmmm .. I'm really looking forward to my Gallardo vs. that ESS E90 M3. He showed me a video where he pulled one car on a Superleggera. I think I would pull the same on an SL.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm .. I'm really looking forward to my Gallardo vs. that ESS E90 M3. He showed me a video where he pulled one car on a Superleggera. I think I would pull the same on an SL.
    e90 or e92 i didnt know their was a sedan around the area that was s/c?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The R8 V10 is no joke of a car, great run!

    And that was done without nitrous, even more impressive.

    I was going to toss this up on the front page but need a better camera angle to do so. Not trying to be mean or critical, just need an angle more conducive to showing the race.

    Well done mikewads, nice run!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    nice run
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The R8 V10 is no joke of a car, great run!

    And that was done without nitrous, even more impressive.

    I was going to toss this up on the front page but need a better camera angle to do so. Not trying to be mean or critical, just need an angle more conducive to showing the race.

    Well done mikewads, nice run!
    No problem. The R8 is getting an exhaust system next so he might run me again.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    e90 or e92 i didnt know their was a sedan around the area that was s/c?
    It's an E92 I think. He said he put down approx. 525whp.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    No problem. The R8 is getting an exhaust system next so he might run me again.
    It'd be a wash for him since you're probably a solid 7 second car. The R8V10 w/ all the bolt ons imagine is probably only an 8 second car. (we're talking 60-130 here). But for the sake of video, okay Click here to enlarge.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    It's an E92 I think. He said he put down approx. 525whp.



    It'd be a wash for him since you're probably a solid 7 second car. The R8V10 w/ all the bolt ons imagine is probably only an 8 second car. (we're talking 60-130 here). But for the sake of video, okay Click here to enlarge.
    oh nice sounds like a good race...i havnt heard or seen any s/c 4 door m3 here in the Nj or Ny Pa area i could be wrong

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    we are most likely thinking of the same guy.. what are the odds of 2 e92 ess me in the area..

    is the car white/ 6spd?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    No problem. The R8 is getting an exhaust system next so he might run me again.
    I hope this happens and I look forward to it.

    I would also be interested in seeing a run on nitrous, although the R8 owner might not be Click here to enlarge

    If you are friends with the guy who has the R8 might want to let him know he really needs a tune to uncork that beast as it is de-tuned to protect the LP-560.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    we are most likely thinking of the same guy.. what are the odds of 2 e92 ess me in the area..

    is the car white/ 6spd?
    Different guys, the car Dan was going to run is an E90, M33 is his screen name on M3post, same car in the vid that ran the Shelby GT500.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Different guys, the car Dan was going to run is an E90, M33 is his screen name on M3post, same car in the vid that ran the Shelby GT500.
    That's interesting that there are two in the area. His car is pretty nice, I have to dig up the pictures again. I sent him an email and he said he is still down, just gotta let him know in advance.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    the guy with the ess m3 must be cool because most of the ess guys wont do friendly runs

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    the guy with the ess m3 must be cool because most of the ess guys wont do friendly runs
    There are those who won't because if it is a decisive loss (which it would be, and they know it) it will ruin the portrayal of ESS on the boards as well as their relationship with ESS. Don't you think this would have already happened if there wasn't pressure from ESS to prevent it?

    At every opportunity for a direct comparison ESS runs away from it. However, that doesn't represent the owners. A lot of them are just cool car guys who just want to have fun and could care less who wins or loses just like the OP. It is the politics that are the problem.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There are those who won't because if it is a decisive loss (which it would be, and they know it) it will ruin the portrayal of ESS on the boards as well as their relationship with ESS. Don't you think this would have already happened if there wasn't pressure from ESS to prevent it?

    At every opportunity for a direct comparison ESS runs away from it. However, that doesn't represent the owners. A lot of them are just cool car guys who just want to have fun and could care less who wins or loses just like the OP. It is the politics that are the problem.


    yea i agree that most are really nice people but why s/c your car if you cant do some friendly run to see how your car stacks up against others. Why do they care about ess its your money and car they didnt pay you to put on your s/c you did. I a type of person that will do friendly runs even if i lose every time even if i was stock who cares its for fun not like your gonna die if you lose.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    well,i dont think losing is in your future too much..

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,159
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i would call that raping a friend. good job
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    well,i dont think losing is in your future too much..
    lol i hope so you never know whats out there

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    i would call that raping a friend. good job

    lol +1

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    130
    Rep Points
    215.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    i would call that raping a friend. good job
    I believe I poked the giant with a stick! Click here to enlarge
    He is now thinking about sending his Audi to Underground Racing which would build the motor and install twin turbos! It would be the only Audi R8 V10 w/ twin turbos in the world.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,223
    Rep Points
    31,320.2
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    I believe I poked the giant with a stick! Click here to enlarge
    He is now thinking about sending his Audi to Underground Racing which would build the motor and install twin turbos! It would be the only Audi R8 V10 w/ twin turbos in the world.
    I could of sworn they already did an R8: http://www.undergroundracing.com/vehicles/audi-r8-v10

    Maybe they haven't, I know Heffner has done the V8.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •