Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Great article about sports cars and "the ladies"...

http://plays-with-cars.kinja.com/spo...omen-509484614

I think this is a great article. I generally agree with it, I have owned three "sports" cars and have gotten a lot more attention from teenage boys, and middle aged men than I have from girls. I do have to make two exceptions, my current car (2011 Camaro SS) garners lots of attention from ugly 45+ year old women and really poor, white trash, teenagers. Being married, this suits me just fine. I didn't buy my car looking to pick up chicks.

The authors is right, women don't care about cars, but he misses one key point. Women may not care about cars, but they do care about money. Owning a nice car symbolizes money. Most people probably don't know that Lotus' are special cars. Everyone knows a BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Corvette, etc... are special, expensive cars. Thus, I think the guy would have had better luck with a car with some brand recognition so "the ladies" would think he was rich.

Here's the great thing, if you are looking to pick up on the ladies, you'll probably do just as well with an Escalade, a Range Rover, an E-class or a 5-series as you will with an M3, an AMG, a 911 or a Corvette but you might as well get the sports car so you can enjoy the car while trying to pick up on "the ladies."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I get huge attention from dudes all day.. its a dick magnet for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I get huge attention from dudes all day...I'm a dick magnet for sure.
    It's not the car, it's you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    It's not the car, it's you.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Maybe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't know if Germanboost does yearly awards but so far, I'd say this thread should win "thread of the year." No need to vote.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

We do awards.

My BMW's haven't really gotten me chicks and I don't use them for that purpose. Women do like them though.

Whatever, women just like shiny expensive stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

My wife and I were talking about this the other day. I've owned 3 somewhat nice cars I guess. My Red 350Z, black 370Z, and black M3. Now the M3 beleive it or not was the most expensive out of all of them. No matter, what though, the 350Z got the most looks hands down. I'm talking from females and males. It has nothing to do with the badge when it comes to women, it's all the looks of the cars. Women can appreciate a great looking car. Women actually hate BMW's I have come to find out. If they drive one, well they do it because they like BMW's. But the majority of women, actually do not like BMW's. My 370Z got a lot of looks. Males and females have commented on it. Most women wouldn't tell me it's a nice car but would tell my wife it is. I guess not to give me a big head about it. The M3 though, I have had one person honestly comment about the car because he knew what it was . Even left a note on it the next morning saying "exquisite M3". I was like awesome, cool, nice guy and I saw him the following morning and come to find out, his wife has an E46 M3 as well. Although my cars don't get me stares, my wife's G35 has been approached by many. I was approached one day by a lady at the gas pumps and she said nice car, how do you like your Infiniti? I was kind of shocked, but yes lady's love the Infiniti's.

Women appreciate cars as well but they're different than men. Women will not approach you and say nice car but they are thinking "damn that's a nice car". It really takes some special to get a women's attention. 911's won't cut it with most women unless it's a GT2 or GT3 (also my favorite), a Corvette might get you the really older women, a Viper would get you someone in their young 20's, a Ferrari will not get you anything I have come to learn, and a Lamborghini gets you anything you want. Drive a Lamborghini, preferably a Murcielago or the newer Superleggera, park it outside a starbucks but close to you, and watch how many women drool. I actually saw this first hand and was like "OMG, I need a Lamborghini", not to pick up girls, no sir, I'm a married man, but for the ha, that's my Lamborghini fun factor.

Disclaimer: I am not cocky nor do I need to have someone approach me in my BMW M3 to feel good about myself. I am not some rich douche bag, in fact not rich at all, so just an ordinary person who enjoys the curves of automobiles. So if you happen to see a white Superleggera, white 911 GT2, or black 911 GT3 parked outside your local starbucks, just approach and I will be courteous and not unwanting.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    911's won't cut it with most women unless it's a GT2 or GT3 (also my favorite),
    Disagree, it can be any new 911 really.

a Ferrari will not get you anything I have come to learn, and a Lamborghini gets you anything you want. Drive a Lamborghini, preferably a Murcielago or the newer Superleggera, park it outside a starbucks but close to you, and watch how many women drool.
    Why wouldn't the women drool over a Ferrari?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

No 911's don't work. I have tried. You'll get more looks more than likely, in a Boxster spyder than a 911. A guy on Fchat, posted up a long long read about Ferrari's and picking up women. Either Fchat or 6speed can't remember now. But he owned a F355 and posted good read about picking up women. But basically said, no women don't care.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No 911's don't work. I have tried. You'll get more looks more than likely, in a Boxster spyder than a 911. A guy on Fchat, posted up a long long read about Ferrari's and picking up women. Either Fchat or 6speed can't remember now. But he owned a F355 and posted good read about picking up women. But basically said, no women don't care.
    I don't know, I think women care if it is a Ferrari. If women care if it is Lamborghini why not a Ferrari?

A 911 doesn't work?

I think there is no set standard here it completely depends on the girl. A hot car doesn't hurt. Porsche, Ferrari, or Lambo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Because most Ferrari's, minus the 458, the 360, and the F430 which are pretty much the most commonly seen. Most women have no idea what they are. I kind of take that back though, women do care about Ferrari's but you're guarantted to have more men approach you than women with a Ferrari. I've seen a quite a few F355's and every time a women just checks her phone or moves on with out looking at it. Lamborghini's on the other hand, ha, there is nothing subtle about the Lamborghini's. Another car that gets a lot of looks from women. The R8. They appreciate the lines of the R8.

Watch this video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Another thing before I forget is women appreciate sound. My wife loves a good sounding car. She loves the way her G35 sounds and appreciates it for what it is. Imagine a Superleggera something that sounds, exotic with a Tubi. Maddness.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Lambo is a panty dropper, no doubt about it. When I was out at Exotic racing, the women were only looking at the Aventador and a few Ferrari's, nobody cared about the Porsche/GTR/Jag/Corvette.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I've seen a quite a few F355's and every time a women just checks her phone or moves on with out looking at it.
    That's because the 355 is old as hell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The Aventador will definitely get more attention than the others and it better for $400k.

Maybe I need a Murcielago?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That's because the 355 is old as hell.
    Still a beautiful Ferrari in my eyes. Also one of the best sounding cars ever made when mated to a Tubi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The Aventador will definitely get more attention than the others and it better for $400k.

Maybe I need a Murcielago?
    Perhaps. Here's a cheap way to buy a Murcielago. Barrett Jackson. A few years ago I was watching the Arizona Auction. They sold a very clean, low mileaged, well documented Murcielago for get this. $75k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Still a beautiful Ferrari in my eyes. Also one of the best sounding cars ever made when mated to a Tubi.
    I do not disagree but to women it will just look old.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Perhaps. Here's a cheap way to buy a Murcielago. Barrett Jackson. A few years ago I was watching the Arizona Auction. They sold a very clean, low mileaged, well documented Murcielago for get this. $75k.
    Murci's have dropped but I would want an LP-640.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

911's won't cut it with most women unless it's a GT2 or GT3 (also my favorite), a Corvette might get you the really older women, a Viper would get you someone in their young 20's, a Ferrari will not get you anything I have come to learn, and a Lamborghini gets you anything you want. Drive a Lamborghini, preferably a Murcielago or the newer Superleggera, park it outside a starbucks but close to you, and watch how many women drool. I actually saw this first hand and was like "OMG, I need a Lamborghini", not to pick up girls, no sir, I'm a married man, but for the ha, that's my Lamborghini fun factor.
    IMO-Its not the Lambo that "Gets you anything you want" its the money. A lambo is a ridiculous looking car that is super flashy and expensive looking. They assume you have money, they don't care about the car. The reason the ferrari isn't as good (once again, IMO) compared to a Lambo is the lack of flash/"peacocking."

On the porsche thing, I seriously doubt most women have any idea what the difference is between a gt2 and a normal 911 much less be able to tell the difference. Heck, most men don't even know that so I seriously doubt the gt2 factor makes a difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't get much attention in my M3 - only from guys asking how much it costs and how much power it has.

My wife's Mini Countryman S gets much more attention from both guys and girls, that car really stands out and is quite rare around here.

I'd love a F430 or Gallardo for next car -- just need to work a bit harder to get there! Even 360's still stand out lots.. especially in yellow or red.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    I don't get much attention in my M3 - only from guys asking how much it costs and how much power it has.

My wife's Mini Countryman S gets much more attention from both guys and girls, that car really stands out and is quite rare around here.

I'd love a F430 or Gallardo for next car -- just need to work a bit harder to get there! Even 360's still stand out lots.. especially in yellow or red.
    u have exhaust yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

u have exhaust yet?
    Just Gintani rear ... sounds great!

Might get some test pipes to remove primary cats.

Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    Just Gintani rear ... sounds great!

Might get some test pipes to remove primary cats.

Click here to enlarge
    you need to, and a tune. you should start getting all the dudes attention now..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast