Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think the CPE setup has a lot to offer for a car like yours. I'd encourage you to give it a shot! We do a lot of business with CPE and I think the main thing holding the SB back is their lack of exposure on enthusiast forums like this one. More happy customers running it will help with that.
    Nice to see you know your market and can acknowledge there is room for other applications for other setups.

I think you are absolutely right regarding CP-E's exposure. I'm here to help them in any way I can with that but I need the details, pics, media, etc. I also would like to say that CP-E was one of the first to be here in complete support.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you are running the standback now or Procede? Why have you advised people to switch from the JB3 to Procede instead of to the Standback if you like it so much?

Edit: Saw it is Procede, so I still don't really understand all the tuning changes you have made.
    How can I tell the poeple to run a standback when it wasnt even officially released. I had a standback on my car when it had 500 miles on it. Spent multiple days in maryland on cpes dyno. Based on my experience with the unit I was given unlimited dyno time and told to do my thing and report changes. I live about 5 hours away from cpe so its not exactly easy. There are other members who live within 30 min of them doing the same thing. I speak with them on a regular basis and trust their word. As it stand, the can system has solved all the requested changes I made. Its been a long road, however for me, its a little to late at this point because I am looking to get rid of this car soon. I have 2 or 3 standbacks in my garage, all i need to do is upgrade them to the newest unit and give it a go. However that requires setting up dyno time and doing my usual tests....no time for that, I am in the middle of planning a wedding that is costing me out the ass at this point. Boom is past all that so I would trust his opinion. Im willing to help out steve for the sheer fact that I dont want him to damage the car as he never used it and WILL be going for big power. Thats about all there is say about it at this point.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Nice to see you know your market and can acknowledge there is room for other applications for other setups.

I think you are absolutely right regarding CP-E's exposure. I'm here to help them in any way I can with that but I need the details, pics, media, etc. I also would like to say that CP-E was one of the first to be here in complete support.
    Yea your welcome. However I personally thought this board will blow up more than it has.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, I took the dive and got a standback. It's the older model,pre can. But got good deal and couldn't resist.

Laloosh, its a way to update the unit and/or the software interface?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2ble post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I took the dive and got a standback. It's the older model,pre can. But got good deal and couldn't resist.

Laloosh, its a way to update the unit and/or the software interface?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    very informative. if this forum let me rep you i would + rep you.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    very informative. if this forum let me rep you i would + rep you.
    i concur, i got them for ya though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Yea your welcome. However I personally thought this board will blow up more than it has.
    Oh ya? In what sense?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    it looks like TONS of people register and watch, they just dont chime in as much.. another few months and i think this place will be huge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    it looks like TONS of people register and watch, they just dont chime in as much.. another few months and i think this place will be huge
    I'm not really sure what he is expecting, we are growing at the same pace bimmerpost was when we are more narrowly focused and being actively censored.

They had the luxury of spamming the $#@! out of bimmerforums to steal their traffic. Take a look at user jwocky some time on bimmerforums, that is jason and look at how every post he made was a link to bimmerpost when it was getting started. Dirty hypocrite, and bimmerforums let him get away with it. We are growing thanks to Google, users word of mouth, awesome contests, and N54tech since Jason is doing everything he can to kill this place in collusion with the other big forum owners.

People complain but most aren't willing to help. They will switch when there is more activity instead of being part of the building process. Just how people are, they want it all instantly with no work.

We have already exceeded what anyone said and we have a nice collection of all the strongest BMW's from their respective platforms. If Bimmerpost and m3forum were not censoring links, those users would actually know we exist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The more everyone posts here the more users will be attracted. Believe me most of the vendors I've spoken with appreciate not being completely held hostage like they are on bimmerpost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

The attraction here is that even though tuners go at it, it doesnt get flooded with petty nonsense, the battles simmerdown on their own.

It also caters to the people that like to see realworld results, of car vs car, in more situations than just a dragstrip, and a camera guy in the stands by the pits, which other places dont allow..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The more everyone posts here the more users will be attracted. Believe me most of the vendors I've spoken with appreciate not being completely held hostage like they are on bimmerpost.
    Exactly, just a matter of keeping up the good work. I don't even sleep like a normal person, I'm always working on this site, trying to add features, articles, etc.

Activity and views are at an all time high, let's keep it up guys. Also nice to have the support of N54tech, one of the few places that embraces the spirit here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I kind of find myself on this forum more and more...sure ive met some great people over there who became my friends, and it mets me some huge business but there are so many rules about where I can and cannot post. Half the time I find threads missing simply because i didn't wanna put it in the vendor section.

I'm a local shop and I wanna sell to tristate members only, why do I have to put it for the whole world to see to answer endless PMs about shipping when I'm not going for that?

I had no idea Jason went that far to promote himself. Are there any shops from the tri-state that advertise on here yet? I have to duke it out over there between 2 other shops...one of which tried to rub my name in the mud lol.

Other than that, I want to get a ride or drive a Standback equipped car...right now Dans car has a V4 on it and I'm still finding myself trying to come up with reasons to make him take it out...my friends know Shivs history better than I and they all advised me to avoid his products. I mean the V4 is crazy for what it does but I'm still kinda ehhh about it.
    Last edited by Itsbrokeagain; 08-29-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Are there any shops from the tri-state that advertise on here yet? I have to duke it out over there between 2 other shops...one of which tried to rub my name in the mud lol.
    We had ICS, you might have read with happened with that?

Who was the shop you were duking it out with?

You wouldn't believe the stuff Jason has done while censoring us for doing the same thing. Slowly but surely people are getting fed up with it, one by one. I have tracked him down on bimmerfest and bimmerforums where he spammed the living $#@! out of those forums with links. I have caught him doing it on 6speed. Basically, he got traffic by posting link after link to e90post from bimmerforums and bimmerfest. I don't know they let him get away with it but not us. Actually, yes I do, it's personal. But forget that, we'll do it the hard way if we have to, no problem.

Sponsors here have sitewide posting privileges but we do have vendor sections for vendors who frequently update certain products or list products daily like European Auto Source (EAS) for example.

I have some cool tricks up my sleeve for sponsors as well. We aren't trying to build another forum, we are trying to build a better one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

We had ICS, you might have read with happened with that?

Who was the shop you were duking it out with?

You wouldn't believe the stuff Jason has done while censoring us for doing the same thing. Slowly but surely people are getting fed up with it, one by one. I have tracked him down on bimmerfest and bimmerforums where he spammed the living $#@! out of those forums with links. I have caught him doing it on 6speed. Basically, he got traffic by posting link after link to e90post from bimmerforums and bimmerfest. I don't know they let him get away with it but not. Actually, yes I do, it's personal. But forget that, we'll do it the hard way if we have to, no problem.

Sponsors here have sitewide posting privileges but we do have vendor sections for vendors who frequently update certain products or list products daily like European Auto Source (EAS) for example.

I have some cool tricks up my sleeve for sponsors as well. We aren't trying to build another forum, we are trying to build a better one.
    Sounds like a plan to me. I like to put my money in places where it will work for me. I will go read up on the ICS guys...never heard of them before.

I wouldn't want to put names out there but it's in central Jersey, LM has been by their place before. After I did his coil overs he claimed to be an install shop and started doing them,
    computer whiz to pro mechanic over night.

Basically they were the ones who started the work on Dans E93 (ultimateendz). He came to me to fix most of the problems they caused, first starting off with torn axle boots caused by improperly set end links. A little later on we dug into his suspension issues, found out then right rear bushings that support the shock shaft were completely missing hence the clunking noise. They used a piece of rubber hose jammed in the hole to be the 'bushing'. His right front strut was binding and wouldn't turn. Why? Because the washer that goes in-between the top hat and the shock was gone...being used in the back as a washer for the makeshift bushing. They said that I had done it and was merely trying to frame them to get more business for myself. Sure, and I broke his headlight brackets too.

When i pulled dans turbos, his downpipes had been wedged up against the frame, eating through the heat shield and scuffing the frame quite a bit. His front end links had been also set improperly, causing them to bind and destroy the balljoints within days of install.

I don't ever wish this kinda workmanship on anyones car. Dans car could have been a lot farther along had he not had to go back and pay to have everything redone.

But alas, this is the wrong section to be complaining in..Sticky i'd pm you but I don't exactly have those privileges just yet Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Sticky i'd pm you but I don't exactly have those privileges just yet
    No you do not, I'd recommend sending an e-mail to administrator@bimmerboost.com Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 thing about this place is a lot of threads go OT quick..

I know what your referring to. I'm very picky about who does what on my car. As such, no single place has done all of my mods, depending on what it is, and where they are located. I would give you a shot, but your too far north.

Case in point:

FMIC meth/Vc2-place your referencing
    Turbo's/LSD-VAC
    DP's/Springs-Buddies Shop after hours
    Exhaust-DIY shop on base (greatest thing ever BTW!)

Custome Dyno tune and new "stuff"--well, ill save that for later Click here to enlarge

Matt, we need to talk, i have something of interest for you. PM on the other site

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I'm glad to see the Standback getting into the game. Ever since I started reading up on tuning options for the N54, I always thought this was the only real tuning option for somebody looking to get an aggressive tune and make good power. Hopefully sometime soon somebody will show us what it is capable, provided they actually know what they are doing of course.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    1 thing about this place is a lot of threads go OT quick..

I know what your referring to. I'm very picky about who does what on my car. As such, no single place has done all of my mods, depending on what it is, and where they are located. I would give you a shot, but your too far north.

Case in point:

FMIC meth/Vc2-place your referencing
    Turbo's/LSD-VAC
    DP's/Springs-Buddies Shop after hours
    Exhaust-DIY shop on base (greatest thing ever BTW!)

Custome Dyno tune and new "stuff"--well, ill save that for later Click here to enlarge

Matt, we need to talk, i have something of interest for you. PM on the other site
    Sounds good to me...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm addicted to this site and n54tech, $#@!s like crack lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    I'm addicted to this site and n54tech, $#@!s like crack lol
    But better for your health.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I finally sat down and read the whole thing over again. It's a really nice system. I remember when I went to the east coast fall meet of 2007 in VA at Passport BMW and CPE had a display there of probably what was the earliest version of the stand back. I had never heard much of it until now....been a long 3 years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey sticky idk if you've herd Cp-e is having a dyno day in October I believe.. I think it would be cool if we got a group to go

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast