Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

CPE standback intro. Good read.

Good read from cp-e...

http://cp-e.com/news

"One of our beta testers took the time to give an brief history of the BMW standback development along with some insight into how to use the device. It's a very good introduction into how the n54 standback works and how to use it for tuning so we're putting it up for all to read. Of course, the actual usage and installation instructions will be exhaustive but this primer is a good example to follow and should provide users with understanding about how the BMW dme works with the standback."

Download File

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

interesting, good read...thanks... does anyone know what the highest amount of boost has been run on the cp-e standback?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

that pdf is a good read, thanks for the info and source. i hope cp-e can advertise a bit more i guess, or have their product be used on a turbo upgrade because without it its going to be hard to crack the market. especially now that the n55 is out. i highly doubt the standback is n54 and 55 compatible but i could be mistaken.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    interesting, good read...thanks... does anyone know what the highest amount of boost has been run on the cp-e standback?
    If you look at the boost tables they go past 24psi.....

The Standback 2 directly controls the wastegate cycle duty, so you can leave them completely shut and over-spin the $#@! out of your turbos till they died if you wanted.....

Great read, can't wait for this to be released, for some reason I thought it was already out. Ar and Unfor need to get these turbo projects finished!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Cp-e is always looking more and more interesting.. I debated before going to the RB's about giving them a shot. I think i still might..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i hope cp-e can advertise a bit more i guess, or have their product be used on a turbo upgrade because without it its going to be hard to crack the market. especially now that the n55 is out. i highly doubt the standback is n54 and 55 compatible but i could be mistaken.
    I would love nothing more than more exposure for the standback as well. When a couple of these single turbos get done I think we will see a huge influx of interest.

You raise an interesting question regarding n55 compatibility, hope CP-E clears that up.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there more info about the standback?
    I mean not just the advertising info of the unit. More like owner dynos, table configs, boost logs, bt logs and such. I craving for a lot of info about this tune. I would love to read some sort of manual of how to tune and use the full potential of the unit.

I was looking today how much a shop charge for tune a car and honestly got scared. Price are from $500 to $750!! A guide on how to tune your N54 should be awesone.

Somebody can share more info???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DreX Click here to enlarge
    I mean not just the advertising info of the unit. More like owner dynos, table configs, boost logs, bt logs and such. I craving for a lot of info about this tune. I would love to read some sort of manual of how to tune and use the full potential of the unit.
    Some dynos, logs, configs, etc., would be very nice to see.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DreX Click here to enlarge
    I was looking today how much a shop charge for tune a car and honestly got scared. Price are from $500 to $750!! A guide on how to tune your N54 should be awesone.
    That isn't bad for a good custom tune, not bad at all. If you don't have any experience it is best to have someone who does do it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Tuning with the standback doesnt invovle a custom tune. Hell if you buy it and go to rent a dyno, pm me and I will tune it over the phone/email for free. Once you understand what does what, it is really easy. Basically a SAFC but add boost/timing. The only tricky part is the PID settings, everything else is a cake walk.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

HHhhmmm...Tempting....

Sidenote-

why did you leave the SB again? You said they couldnt fix your bog either?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Laloosh , Can I take your offer for later use? Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I've been running the standback for 4 years now and almost two on this car. Pre. Can days I couldn't solve my bog....now its a none issue. You guys can take me up on my offer whenever u want. I dialed in at least 30 forum member cars with this tool on my old platform. Hell I went head to head with Cobb and outtuned them. Once u grasp what everything does it is really easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Laloosh I asked you on YouTube not sure if you check it but what kind of numbers are you making?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

On this car with the standback I made 35x on a mustang dyno. This was using and older version which closed throttle. No idea how much power it would make. Currently on the v4 its around 400-410 based on my traps with no mods. Last time car was 3620 with me in it and went 116. Haven't tried the new can based standback as I'm not keeping this car long enough to give a $#@!. I got into the dealers with all mods and Meth w the tune set to 17 Psi....deep down I would probably be happy if they voided me...it would speed up the 5.0 process LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so now that they have CAN you dont bog anymore, why do you still use V4 over the SB?

ANd again, not tuner war'ing it today. But since the beginning, the SB has seemed like THE most approapriate approach and i wanted to try it pre RB, and im considering it pretty hard again now, until the JB4 comes around

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I dont use it for the sheer fact that I dont care about this car enough to play wiht it. It will be gone soon. Like I said, the less I gotta look the engine bay, the better at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Have you gone back to the SB since they offer CAN?

If so, other than autotune, how do V4 and the SB stack up against eachother?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so now that they have CAN you dont bog anymore, why do you still use V4 over the SB?

ANd again, not tuner war'ing it today. But since the beginning, the SB has seemed like THE most approapriate approach and i wanted to try it pre RB, and im considering it pretty hard again now, until the JB4 comes around
    I think the CPE setup has a lot to offer for a car like yours. I'd encourage you to give it a shot! We do a lot of business with CPE and I think the main thing holding the SB back is their lack of exposure on enthusiast forums like this one. More happy customers running it will help with that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well then.. i think ill make a phone call, thanks T!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

If you need help setting it up let me know. I say you rent the dyno for an hour on a saturday. Ill show up and have one of hte guys from cpe on the phone. Dial you in to you wanting, and document the whole process and put it up on here. Maybe then people who are pushing the platform will realize that theres another solution capable of achieving greating things right now.

However give them a call, because when I used their standback I also used their meth control which had safties built in, I have no idea how the SB is going to work safty wise with all the CM stuff you have inthere. Im sure Terry speas to Josh regulary, however he doesnt do the tuning. You want to speak to Jason, Lou, or Jake lol. Jason and Jake are the guys who tunes most of the time, Lou is the guy who writes all the codes and fixes whatever needs to fixed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya I'm on the same boat with the 5.0

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Ya I'm on the same boat with the 5.0
    32k, 7k for blower, low 11s on street tires all day. No gay fuel system, and no over engineered. I like the kiss concept with the 5.0

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    32k, 7k for blower, low 11s on street tires all day. No gay fuel system, and no over engineered. I like the kiss concept with the 5.0
    yea guys are in the high tens with, exhaust, intake and spray...not sure how much thoClick here to enlarge... i just need the dealership to give me enough for my 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I've been running the standback for 4 years now and almost two on this car. Pre. Can days I couldn't solve my bog....now its a none issue. You guys can take me up on my offer whenever u want. I dialed in at least 30 forum member cars with this tool on my old platform. Hell I went head to head with Cobb and outtuned them. Once u grasp what everything does it is really easy.
    So you are running the standback now or Procede? Why have you advised people to switch from the JB3 to Procede instead of to the Standback if you like it so much?

Edit: Saw it is Procede, so I still don't really understand all the tuning changes you have made.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast