Close

Thread: WSTO 1 Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

WSTO 1 Series

Pretty nice:

We took advantage of this great photo opportunity and shot a few photos of the 1, with some excellent detail of the new wheels and tires. Rays Engineering Volk Racing G2 with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires. We chose the elusive Formula Silver to bring out the beauty of this fine forged, tough racing wheel. The sizing we used was 18 x 8 +45 in the front, and 18 x 9 +50 in the rears with 225/40 and 255/35 Vredestein tires for an optimum, and well rounded street tire. We also used Macht Schnell 75mm stud kit, and Macht Schnell 10mm spacers for more aggressive fitment. We chose 18" sizing for the light weight, and the variety of high performance tires available and chose H&R Sport springs to aid the factory sport suspension and keep the car planted.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

A great shot of the ARC Power Brace over the menacing N54 motor. The ARC Power Brace was a flawless, and perfect fit with the addition of the CPM Lower Re-enforcement brace, it helped increase stiffness in the front end which aided to smoother turn in, and better predictability. The engine modifications were kept basic. We used a aFe intake kit with a Synapse blow off valve kit with charge pipe to keep the N54 breathe as well a Macht Schnell air scoop to help force air into the engine. All the parts are fine tuned using a ESS Tuned Stage II ecu flash.

Click here to enlarge

Gauges are very important to a forced induction car. We used the 3D Design gauge pod ashtray retrofit which was a direct fit with 52mm Pivot Hybrid gauges that fit snugged perfectly in the pod. We opted to use Boost/Vac, Water Temperature, and Exhaust Temperature for the critical engine read outs. As you insert the BMW key fob, and start the ignition... You see the beautiful, LED gauge readings with the stepper needles doing the full sweep. It is a good feeling to know your engine vitals are properly read so you are ensured peace of mind of those hard, spirited drives.

Every interior needs a little personality. We kept it simple with the 3D Design Gauge pod and Pivot Gauges. But it needed something more... So we added some 3D Design aluminum sport pedals and 3D Design floor mats to give it a subtle yet look.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

What kind of project car would this be without a proper test drive? We took the 135i for a mandatory tour through some scenic locations to test out some of the new goodies!

During our spirited drive, we had to try out some of new parts. I can tell you, it was pure enjoyment! Using the Pivot 3 Drive Flat Throttle controller, we set it to Sport Mode, and instantly the response of the car changed. It's an amazing unit! I've always had a issue with newer cars and the laggy throttle-by-wire. Using the Pivot throttle controller, the lag was almost gone. It gave the car quick response and great feedback as you gave it throttle.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

As we drove to a quiet forest preserve, imagine being in the opposite lane of traffic, you can see this car with the Bellof SIRIUS LED rings angel eyes, with the 3D Design valvetronic quad exhaust with Macht Schnell 3" downpipe and Berk Technology cat-less, resonated mid pipe humming by...A definite sight to see and hear!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

After giving it a bit of a cool down at the forest preserve. We needed a change of scenery. So we drove the car to the busy, and lively city of Chicago.

Click here to enlarge

When we arrived, we took it to the last place anyone would ever want to drive and take photos of their car. I personally love this location, it brings out the qualities of any car being photographed, as the atmosphere is dark and grimey. You can see the details of the 3D Design urethane front lip, 3D Design trunk spoiler, and the BMW Performance shadow grills under the contrasting light. You might recognize this location Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting quad exhaust! This is a sharp looking car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

|Its cute...

Looks real small, not a fan. All those upgrades on a 335 would be seks.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wow, I'm going to have to say the opposite, I like this much more than the 3 series, even m3. The fourth from last shot is just amazing...... Click here to enlarge

Found my new desktop background. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Oh damn! that 135i actually doesn't look hideous....oh wait I saw the front Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I saw the car in person the other day on my epic journey back from North Dakota and it really did look great. The attention to detail was really apparent.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    on my epic journey back from North Dakota
    What were you doing in North Dakota?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What were you doing in North Dakota?
    That's where I went to high school/college and where the rest of my family is at currently.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Stunning and raw! Love the 135i
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is one awesome car. Great job!