Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly. That's sig worthy right there.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Spot on
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This was on Bren's dyno, but when I got there we ran my PTF Pump Gas (93) ProTune (which was only tuned on the street) and the numbers matched up to what Undercover's dyno read. RnmEvo9, I agree your friends times are off, especially if he's a 6AT. If it's an 6MT, then that's 100% driver error.

Brenn's dynapak is the definition of a moon dyno. I'd be willing to bet the customer that reported 500whp on stock turbos was on Brenn's dyno too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by BuraQ is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    4 days later and still no 1/4 miles times ? Sad....Click here to enlarge

Sh*t, if I saw some numbers like that I would be breaking down the fence at the drag strip to get in
    did you know it rained every day here? no? yea, its called reality

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    4 days later and still no 1/4 miles times ? Sad....Click here to enlarge

Sh*t, if I saw some numbers like that I would be breaking down the fence at the drag strip to get in
    You might not be familiar with the 1/4 mile situation here in Southern California. There is one track, it's a 4hr round trip drive, they open to the general public maybe once per month, and you'll get maybe 3-4 runs if you wait around all day, and it's a slow track. Not much formal drag racing going on around here these days. Our only real fun is either via VBOX, a 12hr round trip drive to Sacramento, the rare airport runs, and the two or three times per year Famoso is open during colder weather.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    vbox times would be enough and awesome numbers!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You might not be familiar with the 1/4 mile situation here in Southern California. There is one track, it's a 4hr round trip drive, they open to the general public maybe once per month, and you'll get maybe 3-4 runs if you wait around all day, and it's a slow track. Not much formal drag racing going on around here these days. Our only real fun is either via VBOX, a 12hr round trip drive to Sacramento, the rare airport runs, and the two or three times per year Famoso is open during colder weather.
    Something needs to be done about this.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Something needs to be done about this.
    If you build it ; they will come.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Yes but how to make it happen...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If they let you build it ; they will come.
    Fixed --- Biggest problems with getting tracks built are investors & then getting the local govt to okay the project. Most govts despise tracks because of the "crowd" they attract and anticipated noise complaints from local residents (who also aren't very welcoming).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol so many tracks here have closed it's comical. It's more like if you build condos where tracks used to be, they will come. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why can't the government be pressured for "safety" reasons to have a track open as it would keep racing off the streets? So wire tapping me and reading my e-mails and texts for my own safety is fine but a practical item like a drag strip isn't?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its all good, im sure someone will get a dragstrip to do rolls on, the tough part is one long enough for cars to slow down safely
    NHRA uses d=x^2/20 + x

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im sure someone will get a dragstrip to do rolls on
    Drag strips are allowing it but it still isn't an answer. But... at least it's roll ons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its an answer, ill take what i can get.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why can't the government be pressured for "safety" reasons to have a track open as it would keep racing off the streets? So wire tapping me and reading my e-mails and texts for my own safety is fine but a practical item like a drag strip isn't?
    Because it's easier (and generates more revenue) to just ticket & repo people's cars when they get caught speeding, changing lanes without signals, etc. But it's def a local govt problem. I mean, in some towns people hate cars & some other towns encourage racing in a safe, sanctioned environment

Rock N Roads is an annual, all day event held in Sioux City, IA. The event is approved by the Mayor & City Council, they shut down the entire street & have it prepped like a drag strip with concrete barriers.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because it's easier (and generates more revenue) to just ticket & repo people's cars when they get caught speeding, changing lanes without signals, etc. But it's def a local govt problem. I mean, in some towns people hate cars & some other towns encourage racing in a safe, sanctioned environment
    By the people, for the people.

Just goes to show how full of crap the government is and how concerned they really are for your wellbeing when they will sacrifice it for revenue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rock N Roads is an annual, all day event held in Sioux City, IA. The event is approved by the Mayor & City Council, they shut down the entire street & have it prepped like a drag strip with concrete barriers.
    That's just so damn cool. Try to do that in SoCal...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

they did something like that here in my little city in argentina, long time ago, like i was a child i remember lol.

i think everyone should do instead of drag time slips, vbox times 0-100, 1/8 and 1/4, more than enough.

i've a 250 mts track here with badass grip.. 0.4 secs difference at 0-100 between road and track, so sad.

without counting that you have to be in the track almost all day for do 4-6 runs...
    Argentina 135i 2010!
    Click here to enlarge
    n54 Engine - JB4 G4 (G5 upgrade soon) - BMS DCI - CP-E DP - CUSTOM EXHAUST - BMS METH KIT - QUAIFE LSD
    Running at 18 psi with 91 octane + NOS boosters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol you guys have it bad, here in Chicago as long as weather permits I can drive one hour just over the border in WI and get in 12 runs in a night with no issues Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The noise brings down property value, which brings down land tax, which brings down value of community.. thats the argument they used out here on Long Island to close the West Hampton Track...

But i figure in Cali there has got to be non developed land somewhere that is far enough away from joe bob and sue who like to $#@! for no reason, but I guess not... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The noise brings down property value, which brings down land tax, which brings down value of community.. thats the argument they used out here on Long Island to close the West Hampton Track...

But i figure in Cali there has got to be non developed land somewhere that is far enough away from joe bob and sue who like to $#@! for no reason, but I guess not... Click here to enlarge
    theres plenty of undeveloped land even in suffolk county for a drag strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have an 1/8mi here in town. 1/4mi 1 hour away in Bowling Green, KY where they are getting ready to build a whole new motorsports park to include a road course. Oh, yeah, there's a superspeedway 45 min from here in Nashville too LOL. Motorsports is a popular pastime here so there isn't too much complaining. we like it like that.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol umm where that's not in the conserved area or in a town filled with rich snobs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    +11 no 1/4 around here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast