Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

doesnt the N54 target load, ie it will raise boost to hit a certain "#" regardless of dyno, even on stock tuning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This was on Bren's dyno, but when I got there we ran my PTF Pump Gas (93) ProTune (which was only tuned on the street) and the numbers matched up to what Undercover's dyno read. RnmEvo9, I agree your friends times are off, especially if he's a 6AT. If it's an 6MT, then that's 100% driver error.
    Not my friend, just a member on the other forum. There is a big thread about Brens deltas, but the strip numbers simply don't match up. And it is a 6at as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Terry, food for thought:

I know you love running lean-ish on E85 mixtures but I think 12.5 is the sweet spot for a bit more safety and consistency on it. Rather run rich if it isn't costing you significant power than go all out. sweet numbers though
    Yeah normally E50 + meth customers would use the "race" flash. But this one only runs meth sometimes. So runs the E85 flash full time. And the only way to do that is with the leaner air/fuel ratios.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    You can use meth with Map 7?
    Sure. You can use meth with any map. But there is no safety or progressive boost mapping unless you are using map 3 (or do up a special map 6). People who run heavy E50 mixtures or race gas don't need a safety so sometimes they prefer map 7. With a BMS kit meth will flow on map 3, 6, & 7 by default. But the additive is only considered on map 3 & 6.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Thanks! didn't know that.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Sure. You can use meth with any map. But there is no safety or progressive boost mapping unless you are using map 3 (or do up a special map 6). People who run heavy E50 mixtures or race gas don't need a safety so sometimes they prefer map 7. With a BMS kit meth will flow on map 3, 6, & 7 by default. But the additive is only considered on map 3 & 6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I had a customer report 500rw on stock turbos last year. But it was some goofy European dyno. Only dynojets count. Click here to enlarge
    we pretty much ONLY have dynodynamics here... but they consistently read a lot lower than the numbers you guys get on your dynojets (my N52 reads 15-20whp lower at least)- i'll have to try and source a dynojet in brisbane here one day lol
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Food for thought:

DYNOJET:
    Baseline: 284 whp
    Modded: 428whp
    Delta: 144whp

WEIRD DYNO:
    Baseline: 271whp
    Modded: 452 whp
    Delta: 181whp

Same car, same mods, two diff dynos
    DELTA DIFFERENCE OF: 37whp

Moral: don't with bother cross-dyno comparisons
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

If we don't go by deltas what can we go by?

I don't know about brens dyno numbers but I can tell you I'm a believer in his protune. I've had procede, jb4, cobb ots, and giac flash and my car has never felt like this. After brens pro tune, everything about the car flat out rips. Throttle response is perfect, no skipping or surging of boost/power. I'm very happy I went to him for a protune. I'm going back to him in a couple months for a e85 tune.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

deltas from the same dyno

I got $40 on a dynojet dyno trip for either said car with the "records"

Anyone else? Would be nice to stop the bickering and see for sure what they make on a dynojet
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah normally E50 + meth customers would use the "race" flash. But this one only runs meth sometimes. So runs the E85 flash full time. And the only way to do that is with the leaner air/fuel ratios.
    I run E50 + meth but I have the "E85" flash loaded, should I go back to the old "race" flash I have from a few months ago?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mykal Click here to enlarge
    I run E50 + meth but I have the "E85" flash loaded, should I go back to the old "race" flash I have from a few months ago?
    It doesn't really matter...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Stock n54 usually put down 260whp on dynojets

shrug, my 135i baselined 295whp with bolt ons. doubt the bolt ons are worth 35whp on stock turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    we pretty much ONLY have dynodynamics here... but they consistently read a lot lower than the numbers you guys get on your dynojets (my N52 reads 15-20whp lower at least)- i'll have to try and source a dynojet in brisbane here one day lol
    The dynojet is the only type of dyno useful for comparing numbers via the internet. It's not always the best dyno to do tuning on but most of us tune on the road and just use the dyno for verification.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

basically you can create a map6, and then use the meth additive to increase boost above your map6 setpoint? Does it shift the whole boost curve up by the additive?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    basically you can create a map6, and then use the meth additive to increase boost above your map6 setpoint? Does it shift the whole boost curve up by the additive?
    With map 3 we have set a high and a low map and the meth flow (and modifier for octane adaption) moves target between those two maps. With map 6, the additive becomes the boost value that is added on top of map 6 as a function of meth flow and the modifier.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The dynojet is the only type of dyno useful for comparing numbers via the internet. It's not always the best dyno to do tuning on but most of us tune on the road and just use the dyno for verification.
    I agree with you there. while dynos are tuning tools the non-load dynojets were/are great for getting WHP figures to compare your 1/4 mile traps speeds to and comparisons around the world if using the same correction factor.

I just always laugh when some guys go to the track and trap 130mph then go to a load dyno thinking their 3000 lb car will dyno 500-520whp.... then they get the heartbreak WHP figure of 467-475whp. lol, they try doing the math and it just doesn't work...

Morol to the story.... tune on a load dyno, coarse tune on a non load dyno. for comparisons sake use a dynojet non load.

Unless every single high WHP car claiming they are the highest WHP in the world runs on the same dyno, on the same day... then well.... there is no official record at all.

It would start breaking down by:
    Highest WHP on a dynojet on 93 octane.
    Highest WHP on a MD on 109 octane.
    Etc etc...

In the end, it is he who has the deepest pockets who goes the fastest/quickest.
    2004 330i ZHP, Silver Grey, 6MT.
    330Ci ZHP Turbo Project
    www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    WARNING: This modification is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm due to the extreme G forces once turbo kicks in.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    460 WHP / 488 WTQ isn't a new stock turbo record -- Especially considering I'm hitting 461 WHP / 500 WTQ and @Njz has higher HP than me @ 469 WHP / 491 WTQ
    I agree with terry. I definitly downplay any non-dynojet numbers when comparing. Others give good info, but not whats most vendors on here chose to show.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    shrug, my 135i baselined 295whp with bolt ons. doubt the bolt ons are worth 35whp on stock turbos.
    My 335is had a 34whp delta from FBOs alone on a dynojet. Dynoed 2 weeks a part. Stock tune.
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

mmm fair enough

not sure there's even one within 200km of me actually haha

hopefully i can find one when the time comes Click here to enlarge

OR i'll make enough on a dynamics that it doesn't matter Click here to enlarge

ED: yeah there's only 2 registered dyno jet's in australia... New south wales and Western Australia... i'm in QUeensland... 577miles away~... never going to happen unless there's an unregistered one here haha
    Last edited by Flinchy; 05-23-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    I agree with terry. I definitly downplay any non-dynojet numbers when comparing. Others give good info, but not whats most vendors on here chose to show.
    it's pretty well known that jet's read higher than mustang/dynamics (any load dyno) WHEN they're set up properly? compared to an inertial dyno
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Agreed, if I saw a FBO 93 octane run with 360whp on a mustang, would know thats a great number. But a run on a dynojet would help me better compare to others on the forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    Food for thought:

DYNOJET:
    Baseline: 284 whp
    Modded: 428whp
    Delta: 144whp

WEIRD DYNO:
    Baseline: 271whp
    Modded: 452 whp
    Delta: 181whp

Same car, same mods, two diff dynos
    DELTA DIFFERENCE OF: 37whp

Moral: don't with bother cross-dyno comparisons
    a delta delta?

that doesn't make much sense, must be a pretty damn weird dyno
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    mmm fair enough

not sure there's even one within 200km of me actually haha

hopefully i can find one when the time comes Click here to enlarge

OR i'll make enough on a dynamics that it doesn't matter Click here to enlarge

ED: yeah there's only 2 registered dyno jet's in australia... New south wales and Western Australia... i'm in QUeensland... 577miles away~... never going to happen unless there's an unregistered one here haha
    Hurry up and get that N54 into the E87 and come down for a cruise to Sydney and we'll hit up the Dynojet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Hurry up and get that N54 into the E87 and come down for a cruise to Sydney and we'll hit up the Dynojet.
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffineeee haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nivo Click here to enlarge
    In the end, it is he who has the deepest pockets who goes the fastest/quickest.
    Spot on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast