Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just went out and did a ton of logs. Couldn't get the car to misfire and throw a code for some reason... It was definitely stumbling and misfiring while accelerating though. In one of the logs it was also only boosting to around 10 PSI or so for some reason even though I was flooring it... I restarted the car then it went back to normal. I'll put the pictures below for those that prefer that and also the zip file with all the CSV's. Something is definitely wrong though... Plugged all the logs into Virtual Dyno and at best it was making something around 330hp and normally on map 2 with G4 i'm making 380-390 ish.

Edit: Looks like that one pull I was talking about it was only making 5 pounds of boost and the others it was making around 10 on map 2.... Also sorry for the logs being so short, it's a little damp here and I kept running out of room.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge52413logs.zip
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Also for those of you that are just looking at the pictures keep in mind some of the logs are 3rd gear, some 4th gear, and some uphill. Either way couldn't get it to misfire and throw a code. Just got to work though and decided to check for codes just to see if any were there and of course there were these two.

Click here to enlarge
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More logs... These are all map 2. I did 2 with ISO and 2 with G4 then plugged them in for virtual dyno and still getting way less than what I should be making. First two logs on ISO made 254 and 309 whp and the second two on G4 made 311 and 322 whp.

52913 logs.zip

Last year same setup on map 2 with G4 was making around 380... Odd part is the car doesn't really feel any slower although I might just be too used to how it is now

EDIT: I think I messed up naming the files so the ones named "g4 run 1/2" is really ISO run 1/2 and vice versa
    Last edited by psmith95; 05-29-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just curious. on JB4, are you not able to log the lpfp? I have procede myself and out of the blue, i'm getting misfires on cyl1 only. Never had this issue before. I swapped plugs and coils and still misfire on cyl1. Went out another day and all of a sudden, misfire on cyl 1, cyl6 and then code for multiple cyl misfire. I'm suspecting my lpfp so have 1 coming on Monday. I've had 3 hpfp's but still on my original lpfp and im an 07 build. LPFP sensor seems to be responding fine when checked through INPA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by badass335 Click here to enlarge
    just curious. on JB4, are you not able to log the lpfp? I have procede myself and out of the blue, i'm getting misfires on cyl1 only. Never had this issue before. I swapped plugs and coils and still misfire on cyl1. Went out another day and all of a sudden, misfire on cyl 1, cyl6 and then code for multiple cyl misfire. I'm suspecting my lpfp so have 1 coming on Monday. I've had 3 hpfp's but still on my original lpfp and im an 07 build. LPFP sensor seems to be responding fine when checked through INPA.
    Hmm i don't know for sure but I believe it can monitor LPFP. @Terry@BMS ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How many miles on your car? Might sound strange but since they found DMFW's causing issue's with High HP car's maybe you have one that is seriously out of balance? This was found to be the case on some porches to.
    Last edited by NJrep335i; 05-29-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    How many miles on your car? Might sound strange but since they found DMFW's causing issue's with High HP car's maybe you have one that is seriously out of balance? This was found to be the case on some porches to.
    56k on the car. I thought about this potentially being an issue a little while ago but kind of got rid of it. My clutch is holding fine and doesn't have any signs of slipping or anything. Plus I don't think I have high enough hp to cause that issue but maybe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The clutch doesn't need to slip to have this problem. The failure occurs when the springs inside the DMFW wear out, maybe prematurely? I'm not saying this is 100% the problem but it seems you've covered most areas already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    The clutch doesn't need to slip to have this problem. The failure occurs when the springs inside the DMFW wear out, maybe prematurely? I'm not saying this is 100% the problem but it seems you've covered most areas already.
    Yea I guess that's a possibility. Maybe if nothing winds up working I can try clutch next. That probably wouldn't be for a little while though, just dropped a lot of money on the car and gotta save up again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any further progress? I get my lpfp tomorrow. Once I install that, I'll test again. I'm misfiring every time I go WOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does any body know what other issues might cause maxed out fuel trims on straight gas the lpfp & hpfp seem fine and no boost leaks can be found could faulty 02 be a reason, front or back or both,when I run race gas vp ms 109 I get lean codes and mixture control codes with pump gas I don't,but fuel trims are almost maxed out but race gas pushes it over the edge and get the mentioned codes....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Harry, you need to provide more detail, maybe start your own thread. Car model/year, tuned or untuned and what non-OEM parts are on the car. Also, did you attempt to pull any codes or take logs? What you've said so far is too vague.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just an update. I did swap out my lpfp and no more misfires for me. Funny enough, no codes whatsoever. If I ran on stock bypass mode, no issues. Run in tune mode, I'd misfire at every gear change. Just swapped out lpfp and no more issues!
    When I ran inpa, I saw requested vs actual fuel and the difference was almost 3000hpa so took a shot on the lpfp!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just an update. I did swap out my lpfp and no more misfires for me. Funny enough, no codes whatsoever. If I ran on stock bypass mode, no issues. Run in tune mode, I'd misfire at every gear change. Just swapped out lpfp and no more issues!
    When I ran inpa, I saw requested vs actual fuel and the difference was almost 3000hpa so took a shot on the lpfp!
    Yeah, tune requests a lot more fuel. It'd make sense that a failing lpfp would cause serious issues. Good on you for busting out INPA and doing some diagnostic work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow I haven't checked this in a while so missed all this. I'm still having issues as of now. On map 2 my car isn't misfiring but it does feel like it's hesitating and it's running extremely slow. I did a pull with my friends B6 S4 and was dead even with him on map 2 when he puts out around 310-320whp so something is definitely wrong... I also keep getting lean safeties. I'm picking up a Cobb to do BMS flash tomorrow and if that doesn't fix my issues i'm going to look at LPFP before doing injectors or other stuff. Few questions for you...

First, were you getting misfire codes in tune mode or some other codes? Second what did you wind up replacing your lpfp with? Upgraded or stock? I've thought about upgrading but I read all these horror stories about hoses popping off and whatnot when upgrading

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How old is your battery ?

Check connections, grounding,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another thing worth checking is the pins on the actual DME. I have had this pesky inconsistent misfire issue for years, so I left my car with Shiv to look it over and when he looked at the actual DME, he noticed two of the pins on the DME were pushed in a bit causing an inconsistent electrical connection with the harness. These two pins just happen to be the one that control the o2's. So I would look there as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I am in no way anywhere close to as smart as the majority of the posters, BUT, have you thought about valve cover gasket?
    Sometimes it's the dumb people that come up with the dumb but correct solution.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had misfires on a cylinder where the injector was missing the "decoupler" ring/gasket (#10 in the diagram below, part 13537564751). No idea why it was missing. Never had a problem after adding that. $7 fix! (after I had spent several hundred on other things already....) The next obscure thing on my list to check was to replace the pcv valve. Was going buy the upgraded one from RB Turbo.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whoops never updated this. My main issues were fixed at the shop I left the car at the last few weeks. O2 sensors are no longer going out randomly and the car is putting out the good power not way under where it should be. It dynoed at 391awhp/462awtq. I am still getting a misfire here and there under heavy load but I think that is injectors. Just swapped all 6 coil packs tonight and already have bank 2 injectors on order. The only thing i'm going to check that I think might be it is what the guy below said about the DME pins. Going to check those sometime this weekend probably

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    Another thing worth checking is the pins on the actual DME. I have had this pesky inconsistent misfire issue for years, so I left my car with Shiv to look it over and when he looked at the actual DME, he noticed two of the pins on the DME were pushed in a bit causing an inconsistent electrical connection with the harness. These two pins just happen to be the one that control the o2's. So I would look there as well.
    Yea I think i'll check that sometime this weekend. That's the only thing I think it might be other than needing new injectors

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did this ever get solved?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bhanner95 Click here to enlarge
    Did this ever get solved?