Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    419
    Rep Points
    601.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    4 years was quite the time to configure a M3, even with his explanation.

    I get the feeling that going to a restaurant with him would be a long and tedious event. "How would you like your steak cooked?". Click here to enlarge
    ~

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    May I inspect the cow please? And what is its pedigree?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    419
    Rep Points
    601.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    M3OrwellianPost have now locked the latest thread about his car. Drama is never far away!
    ~

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    538
    Rep Points
    1,302.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Hmm.....will BMW build him a brand new car exactly to his specs or will they get sneaky about. There isn't a single car company that I would trust. Profit is almighty to them, everybody sings customer service this customer experience that.......in the end they don't care. I have a feeling that BMW will try to salvage as much cost to them as possible for this car. They will make it look like a brand new car, but I doubt they will be building a brand spanking new one. Who will oversee them doing this? Nobody.

    Good luck to him, I'd be pissed too. There are people who complain about orders at Wendy's and McDonald's, his complaint seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    917.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Atlantic blue is so hideous, I'd be srsly pissed too!

    I would probably have accepted to swap interiors plus some kind of compensation. Not the perfect solution, but since I've swapped so many parts on my own car I know that it's really no bid deal lol
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47
    Rep Points
    129.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I think his reaction towards the situation is more than understandable, and actually courteous. When you pay X amount of money for something that is contracted you're supposed to receive just that. Regardless of whether this customer paid cash or not still doesn't change the fact that BMW has not fulfilled the agreement on their end. They are just trying to get out of doing it all over again. The 8 weeks for the interior is nonsense. I'd be willing to bet if someone from BMW went down to their interior supplier and said this needs to be done in two weeks it can be done (albeit at a price). Mistakes happen, but BMW needs to make this right for the customer. After all, they're already sitting on his money. In the grand scheme of things this won't even affect BMW. I think they have the financial resources to build another one.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    115.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Funny to read the comments, "why you buying a car at the end of its life cycle anyway?"

    Maybe the guy wants the end of dieing breed, a true M engineered na motor.
    I heard this countless times from people after I ordered my 2013 M3...

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,205.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    BMW should give the guy what he paid for on his invoice. OE. Just like if they did it correct the first time.

    Period. No exception, thats what he ordered.




  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    55
    Rep Points
    125.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Funny to read the comments, "why you buying a car at the end of its life cycle anyway?"

    Maybe the guy wants the end of dieing breed, a true M engineered na motor.
    +1 This was one of the reasons I ordered an e92 M3 as well, so I can completely understand the sentiment.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gareth.foley Click here to enlarge
    I think his reaction towards the situation is more than understandable, and actually courteous. When you pay X amount of money for something that is contracted you're supposed to receive just that. Regardless of whether this customer paid cash or not still doesn't change the fact that BMW has not fulfilled the agreement on their end. They are just trying to get out of doing it all over again. The 8 weeks for the interior is nonsense. I'd be willing to bet if someone from BMW went down to their interior supplier and said this needs to be done in two weeks it can be done (albeit at a price). Mistakes happen, but BMW needs to make this right for the customer. After all, they're already sitting on his money. In the grand scheme of things this won't even affect BMW. I think they have the financial resources to build another one.
    What's the $#@!ing problem here? They should take the PR boost and deliver his exact car, get one of their instructors to take him out on the ring or their own factory course in Germany, give him some shirts or merchandise, and bask in making things right and showing they are still an enthusiast company at heart.

    WTF is the problem here? This one car means nothing especially when they are whoring everything in the lineup right now. Just do it right, show us you care.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    47
    Rep Points
    129.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What's the $#@!ing problem here? They should take the PR boost and deliver his exact car, get one of their instructors to take him out on the ring or their own factory course in Germany, give him some shirts or merchandise, and bask in making things right and showing they are still an enthusiast company at heart.

    WTF is the problem here? This one car means nothing especially when they are whoring everything in the lineup right now. Just do it right, show us you care.
    Exactly. BMW shouldn't even be giving him options or alternatives in regards to what he payed for. They should admit the mistake, build the car with the correct specs, and move on. I also agree with you that they should be accommodating him with the things you mentioned. Customer service definitely seems lacking on this one IMO. The excuse I read about BMW needing 8 weeks to do the interior is ridiculous. Like I said in my original post they can simply tell their supplier to get it done faster/make it a priority. With the volume that BMW does with whatever supplier they use there should be no problem taking care of it. There are a lot of smaller companies in Germany that rely solely on business from manufacturers like BMW, they tend not to ask too many questions when something is needed.

    I think it's embarrassing that the mistake was made to begin with but things do happen from time to time. What's really embarrassing on BMW's end is there apparent lack of an effort to satisfy the customer. Everyone can understand when a mistake is made, people stop understanding when it's not made right. Businesses build a reputation on the good and I think more importantly on how they handle the bad.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    9400' ASL, Colorado
    Posts
    886
    Rep Points
    1,301.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gareth.foley Click here to enlarge
    I think it's embarrassing that the mistake was made to begin with but things do happen from time to time. What's really embarrassing on BMW's end is there apparent lack of an effort to satisfy the customer. Everyone can understand when a mistake is made, people stop understanding when it's not made right. Businesses build a reputation on the good and I think more importantly on how they handle the bad.
    right... BMWs handling of this is on par with what you might expect from... Toyota. Click here to enlarge
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Points
    1,457.0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    right... BMWs handling of this is on par with what you might expect from... Toyota. Click here to enlarge
    Uh what? Toyota has very highly rated service, higher than BMW anyway (and it's not even close if you count Lexus). They have tons of recalls for a reason, and 90% of them are over things that MIGHT happen in the perfect conditions that they caught in testing. I've only ever had good experiences from them, and the rest of my family pretty much only buys Toyota for that reason.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    9400' ASL, Colorado
    Posts
    886
    Rep Points
    1,301.6
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Uh what? Toyota has very highly rated service, higher than BMW anyway (and it's not even close if you count Lexus). They have tons of recalls for a reason, and 90% of them are over things that MIGHT happen in the perfect conditions that they caught in testing. I've only ever had good experiences from them, and the rest of my family pretty much only buys Toyota for that reason.
    I've got a recall notice on my dining room table now for a seatbelt issue on my FJ. Every interaction I've had with a Toyota dealer, either on the phone or in person, has been less than pleasant. Being a repeat client with BMW, then Porsche, compared to owning a Toyota, the difference in customer service couldn't be more apparent.

    I'm glad your experience has been better than mine. Could be that my local dealers are just dicks, but there are many reports of bad customer dealings on the FJ forums as well, for things that are design flaws which Toyota will not own up to, much like the early days HPFP failures on the N54.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    575
    Rep Points
    1,555.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Pretty major mistake, note even something little that you can overlook. It'll remind you every time you look at it. Hopefully BMW does the right thing, only time will tell.
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    101
    Rep Points
    156.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    What does the guy think will happen with the switched interior. How do you think the new custom interior will be different to the custom interior in the wrong body? Okay. He's annoyed. Hell I'd be livid. But let them do the switch and get something tasty thrown in. Maybe some mats in the same color? Lol

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    538
    Rep Points
    1,302.2
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    What does the guy think will happen with the switched interior. How do you think the new custom interior will be different to the custom interior in the wrong body? Okay. He's annoyed. Hell I'd be livid. But let them do the switch and get something tasty thrown in. Maybe some mats in the same color? Lol
    Speaking through my personal experience of having stuff done with the interior of my cars. Went to reputable shops to get work done, everybody swore by the craftsmanship, blah blah blah, but you know what once they remove it and put it back together rarely will be 100% what it was. They break clips, sometimes they don't push down on all the pieces etc. Then you go try and argue with them about it that it wasn't like that when you brought the car in....

    Let me ask you this, let's say there's an interior piece with 20 clips that have to grab and hold, during the removal and reinstall 2 of them get broken. Do you think the tech will order a new piece which cost more time and money? Or do you think he'll just go ahead and move on to the next one.
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Points
    2.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Maybe I missed something but I would have just had them build a new car and as it was coming down the assy. line install the interior form the car that was painted the incorrect color. Surely BMW has people who can remove an interior without tearing it up.
    One thing for sure. I would not have them repaint the car. They will just mask everything and paint it. It will not have a paint job anywhere near an original paint job. It will not go through the paint curing/drying oven and when it is time to trade it the dealership will say the car isn't worth as much because it was repainted.
    Having run a few small factories I can confirm mistakes do happen. That then gives the company the opportunity to turn that negative into a positive that the person will talk about for years. This is especially true for someone who bought a BMW and the manufacturer did right by him.
    Think about it. If someone told you about how BMW made it right after painting a car the wrong color wouldn't you consider buying a BMW because of that. I know I would. This is an advertising opportunity gone wild. They should use it to their advantage.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,174.3
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scj Click here to enlarge
    This is an advertising opportunity gone wild. They should use it to their advantage.
    That's what I don't get. It's like BMW is going out of there way to just "$#@! you we're BMW."

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •