Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kalis Click here to enlarge
    Maybe 14k with no labor....
    You are picking at $#@! bro... i got a new clutch with that... CF driveshaft... ect.

Carmen told me the problem was a injector... not D/A. He told that to me first hand on the phone. Then him and Nick were redoing the computer to
    use the stock DME... I guess they never worked out.

Regardless...
    My M5 was sick. Still is...

As far as my dyno runs.. i originally thought it had a 12lb pulley.. but it did not. It was a 10 lb. I think the SC'r pulley is a 2.8 and the Crank was 6.5... If i can remember right.
    And that car like the tune it had... the tail end of the rpm range under wot... the a/f would come to about 12.7, 12.8. During the middle of the pull it was almost too rich. 11.0's..
    If you look at the a/f guage vs the tailpipe sniffer... there is usually a full point difference. The tail pipe sniffer shows the car leaner.. but im sure you already knew that.

I don't have the time slips... never keep em. I don't really bench race using slips.... you know?? Also.. i don't bench race with 60-130.. it means nothing in the real world. Only if the measurement was from a static 60... but this "fly through" crap is pointless.

Have fun picking my post apart and coming up with more BS that you either "heard"... or some one told someone.... or whatever..... you seem to be pretty good at that.
    So 60-130 means nothing in the real world.....you must be a really hard core street racer. I suppose a 142 trap means nothing either, then?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Wow Dave, I did not know you were such a tool, I mean stool.
    Ouch, Jimmy, you got me. Where's the curled up in fetal position and crying emoticon.....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Guess I struck a nerve, these DA fanboys (all 2 of them) seem to be sensitive to their leader billing the $#@! out of them for cars that require tune after tune and put up embarassing numbers due to all their issues.

You just kind of seem to be full of it as you claim to run 11.4 @ 128 in the M5 yet you don't hold on to slips but on 6speed you post your slips of your 996 running.

Look, I'm not going to try and play nice with you anymore. You are a $#@!ing idiot...

What an amazing inconsistency Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Unbelievable. You losers are still at it??? OMG, too funny!!!

Sticky, my opinion of you and this "Bimmerboost" forum has hit the bottom. Every time I read your bile, I just laugh at the spectacle. You've turned into a cartoon character, alternately slicing and dicing peoples posts like some power freak who thinks he always knows better and must have the last word, and tossing in a throwaway comment pretending to represent some level of maturity. You seem to be posturing yourself as some kind of 'policeman of integrity', questioning veracity of information even in the face of overwhelming data and obvious authenticity. Do you really think after a 688 whp dyno, the race videos, the build specs etc etc that forum members out there are having important doubts whether the car can turn an upper 120's trap without the owner producing "proof" of a timeslip? The very questions you raise and the way you raise them are a joke. Who the hell cares if you don't see a time slip? Why would anyone even be interested in showing you anything at all? Who the hell are you?

And talk about inconsistency. One of other members of this forum is saying the trash talk is out of hand. You agree, but then proceed to trash talk further. You agree that someone's car is badass, and then you proceed to question everything about it, question the numbers, saying they must suck, the car must never run right, questioning the owner's truthfulness, and slamming him for spending too much on it. Why would anyone want to interact with you and hang out here?

I was interested in conversing with you a few days ago, and sharing my experiences, photos, etc. But that was before I've come to know you. Now I don't want to have anything to do with you or this forum. Of course you'll slice up my post and say I'm running, or hiding things, or some other stupid baiting tactic. I don't want to read your cynical negativity and trash talk anymore. I'm done with your 'gatekeeper of integrity' posturing.

So are you supposed to some kind of moderator here or what? Do you have any clue what you are doing? Things are out of control. YOU are out of control with your hate. I'm guessing there are members tuning in for the spectacle, and there are members who's opinion of you is dropping with each of your 'slice and dice' posts and cynical hate messages.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    The personal attacks on this forum are getting out of hand. Every other post is just attack after attack.
    I'm guilty of trash talking but there's a limit.
    Couldn't agree more. Sticky pretends to agree. Let's see if he actually follows through. But how much you wanna bet he'll be slicing and dicing my post and spewing more cynicism, hate, and hypocrisy in his need for the last word?

Well Sticky, here you go. Served up for you on a platter. Have at it. I could care less what you have to say, so slice and dice away. I'll even give you the last word, as this will be my last post on this joke of a forum.

Jimmy left me crying in the fetal position, so go for it. Coup de grace time. Click here to enlarge

Adios "Bimmerboost"

Dave
    'El Diablo'
    00 Black/black DA s/c M5
    Carrillo rods, Arias pistons,
    Schrick cams, Vortech T-trim,
    Supersprint headers/exhaust,
    UUC, Koala driveshaft/differential,
    Dinan Stage 3 suspension, Brembo
    ~Built by Shadowman & Black M5~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait, so someone paid over 100k for 600whp out of an M5? Seriously? Or did I miss something?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Giggity Click here to enlarge
    Wait, so someone paid over 100k for 600whp out of an M5? Seriously? Or did I miss something?
    No you did not. And they pulled up their panty-hose and made us all fols.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How could anyone in their right mind spend that much money on an M5 for just 600whp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow... i can't believe you guys deleted the insurance post.
    Show some proof.... and you guys delete it.

True colors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wilsodh Click here to enlarge
    Unbelievable. You losers are still at it??? OMG, too funny!!!
    Yet you are still reading?

Sticky, my opinion of you and this "Bimmerboost" forum has hit the bottom. Every time I read your bile, I just laugh at the spectacle. You've turned into a cartoon character, alternately slicing and dicing peoples posts like some power freak who thinks he always knows better and must have the last word, and tossing in a throwaway comment pretending to represent some level of maturity. You seem to be posturing yourself as some kind of 'policeman of integrity', questioning veracity of information even in the face of overwhelming data and obvious authenticity. Do you really think after a 688 whp dyno, the race videos, the build specs etc etc that forum members out there are having important doubts whether the car can turn an upper 120's trap without the owner producing "proof" of a timeslip? The very questions you raise and the way you raise them are a joke. Who the hell cares if you don't see a time slip? Why would anyone even be interested in showing you anything at all? Who the hell are you?
    Obviously this isn't the forum for you. It is for people informed in aftermarket performance who aren't afraid to go get a dyno. The owner of the car in question started talking about his specs which became a separate matter. If you can't handle the heat, go run to a forum where Gustav will bail you out when someone dares question an M5 owner. This place isn't for you as it seems you can't handle it.

Bill is done, he did it to himself and for whatever reason you continue to stick up for this piece of trash, I pity you.

I was interested in conversing with you a few days ago, and sharing my experiences, photos, etc. But that was before I've come to know you. Now I don't want to have anything to do with you or this forum. Of course you'll slice up my post and say I'm running, or hiding things, or some other stupid baiting tactic. I don't want to read your cynical negativity and trash talk anymore. I'm done with your 'gatekeeper of integrity' posturing.
    Is the door hard for you to find? The only reason you came here was to try to save face for Bill and when nobody was having any of it you start whining and crying. You have not gotten to know me and if you think posting in a thread on the internet allows you to get to know the other party I would have to say you might want to re-evaluate your methods for getting to know someone.

Frankly, I have no grudge against you, I disagree with your views strongly and it seems you can't handle it. So dry your tears and find a forum where you fit in as it seems you already brought outside issues with BigM62 into here anyway so you have had a negative slant from the beginning.

Couldn't agree more. Sticky pretends to agree. Let's see if he actually follows through. But how much you wanna bet he'll be slicing and dicing my post and spewing more cynicism, hate, and hypocrisy in his need for the last word?

Well Sticky, here you go. Served up for you on a platter. Have at it. I could care less what you have to say, so slice and dice away. I'll even give you the last word, as this will be my last post on this joke of a forum.

Jimmy left me crying in the fetal position, so go for it. Coup de grace time.
    So things don't go your way so you choose to make a hateful, spiteful post and then try to condemn someone else as doing the same? Your post is hypocritical and contains plenty of venom of your own so you are hardly the example of a model, respectful poster. I don't feel sorry for you and I certainly won't feel sorry for Bill. When you wake up you will see him for what he is.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow... i can't believe you guys deleted the insurance post.
    Show some proof.... and you guys delete it.

True colors.
    Wow, I can't believe you aren't bright enough to realize there are two threads on the DA topic and you got them confused. The post you are referencing IS IN ANOTHER THREAD. You can find it here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...7940#post67940

A bit quick to hate? True colors?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I can't believe you aren't bright enough to realize there are two threads on the DA topic and you got them confused. The post you are referencing IS IN ANOTHER THREAD. You can find it here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...7940#post67940

A bit quick to hate? True colors?
    Yeah.. i was looking at the wrong section. Sorry bout that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah.. i was looking at the wrong section. Sorry bout that.
    No harm no foul, but I think we are all jumping on each other pointlessly at this point.

So, maybe enough now guys? We clearly all have a different view on the topic. This is no longer productive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ell Sticky, here you go. Served up for you on a platter. Have at it. I could care less what you have to say, so slice and dice away. I'll even give you the last word, as this will be my last post on this joke of a forum.
    I don't know why you think I am your enemy. Sure, I am aggressive and vehemently defend my view but that doesn't mean I have anything against you. So instead of doing what you expect and just continuing this negative diatribe you have set me up so nicely for I will just agree to shake hands and say we have our differences. No personal grudge, nothing against you or Kalis for that matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So it appears mis information is flowing yet again even after countless posts on my part with pictures and details etc etc ... To get everyone caught up .. My name is Carmen and I owned the D/A SC M3 that didnt blow up due to anything D/A did, nor did the burnt valve that I suffered on the last stage of my build when I was playing with the Stage III VF Car have anything to do with D/A. (This was 2 years after the car returned home from D/A)

So D/A built my car to our agreed upon specification and they delivered it without issue. I suffered a failed injector that took out cylinder one, ran lean, and blew out the rings. No-ones fault, $#@! happens. That isnt a failure on the tuners side.

After this happened I decided to goto what I felt was the highest level you could go with a supercharger. Purchased a Vortech v7 YSi and worked with ACE Performance as well as D/A to build that goal. It was my project and hobby. Car made 600whp on 93 octane pump fuel without really pushing the cam timing etc.

I am not hear to defend any other points or get into a pissing contest with anyone. Just keep the facts straight. Dont pile on bogus data to try and build your case. I had nothing but a great experiernce with BIll / Sean and D/A as a whole. They where great, and continued to provide support to me when ever I needed it.

If you would like specifics feel free to ask.

PS
    I parted the car out as I lost a ton of money when the investment property market crashed. So after avoiding bankrupcy and newly engaged it didnt make sense to hang onto a supercharged M3, so I parted it out and sold the car. I kept the motor so one day I could maybe put it in an e30 m3 or e34 M5. something cool and old w/ a turbo. So the motor is FINE and sitting @ the shop waiting for a car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    E30 would be epic with that motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nick here from ACE performance. Regarding the the M3 "blowing up"... lol.

Carmens V2 YSI setup was in development, and ultimately never completed. There were issues (which everybody runs into with ALL custom parts), but talking about one or two things without knowing the whole story - is really reading out of context. While it all sounds so vague, in the end it was NEVER finished. Keep that in mind.

DA had nothing to do with the final issue (valve is actually NOT burnt - I have the engine in the shop). In fact the problem is a defective part from a completely different well known manufacturer. It can be easily fixed and WILL be. That motor will be installed in another project sooner or later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by npavlo Click here to enlarge
    Nick here from ACE performance. Regarding the the M3 "blowing up"... lol.
    Car blew, no matter who's fault you try to say it is that is the fact. After it left DA hands, it blew trying to run a VF SC'd car, lol.

n fact the problem is a defective part from a completely different well known manufacturer.
    Shadowman is really having DA fanboys come and defend him? Unbelievable.

Share your info on the M3 but it changes nothing regarding what a piece of $#@! Shadowman is and how DA is worthless. Project scrapped, motor blown, poor results, end of story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When we put the YSI on that car, there was not ONE DA part left on it. If you want to bash someone over it then bash me. I can take it bro.
    It was a project under development that was never completed. I am sure Carmen will back me up that regardless of the issue - he is FULLY satisfied with the whole thing. In fact he has/will whole heartedly recommend and refer customers to us forever and a day. I actually put together the VF SC car there are talking about too. There’s a twist huh?

In some ways I am defending them I guess. I take care of some of their projects out here on the east coast. The hardware/electrical work is some of the best I have EVER seen. All are one off projects, none are the same (not even ones considered twins). $#@! happens. How can you expect to have a custom built car not become a never ending project? We don’t sell jobs like that I can guarantee you (not sure about everybody else).

Bottom line for me it doesn’t matter. I don’t get involved with the politics. I don’t gossip. I don’t care where the cars come from. I just fix/build/modify/maintain the cars. That is why we are different if you ask me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When we put the YSI on that car, there was not ONE DA part left on it. If you want to bash someone over it then bash me. I can take it bro.
    I have no desire to bash you and if the owner had financial difficulties I'm not going to poke fun at that. The fact is the car required a rebuild after being in DA's care. I'm not surprised DA had no part in fixing it.

In some ways I am defending them I guess. I take care of some of their projects out here on the east coast. The hardware/electrical work is some of the best I have EVER seen. All are one off projects, none are the same (not even ones considered twins). $#@! happens. How can you expect to have a custom built car not become a never ending project? We don’t sell jobs like that I can guarantee you (not sure about everybody else).
    Why is it with DA it seems $#@! happens all the time?

Bottom line for me it doesn’t matter. I don’t get involved with the politics. I don’t gossip. I don’t care where the cars come from. I just fix/build/modify/maintain the cars. That is why we are different if you ask me.
    That's fine, I don't even know you or your company and as far as I'm concerned you have nothing to do with DA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

There were issues (which everybody runs into with ALL custom parts),DA had nothing to do with the final issue (valve is actually NOT burnt - I have the engine in the shop). In fact the problem is a defective part from a completely different well known manufacturer. It can be easily fixed and WILL be. That motor will be installed in another project sooner or later.
    LOL. (seems very popular 3 letters) "There were issues". Oh really? That was all? Thank-God. I can now sleep at night.
    Last edited by BigM62; 10-28-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was a project under development that was never completed. I am sure Carmen will back me up that regardless of the issue - he is FULLY satisfied with the whole thing. In fact he has/will whole heartedly recommend and refer customers to us forever and a day. I actually put together the VF SC car there are talking about too. There’s a twist huh?

Weel, I have to respect you for just coming out and at least saying you are a D/A supporter. I like your honesty. Just don't like who you represent. Good luck bro, and hope all your customers are well informed. as for gossip, since when did the truth turn into gossip? is it becuase you have no idea what you are talking about in regards to other D/A builds like Basil's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is this guy that talks like a ninja turtle and claims 60-130 isn't real world?

Christ.

I find it amazing how all of these freak injector failures follow DA cars around. Never seen anything like that before. Perhaps these injector failures aren't the cause but rather a symptom?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge

I find it amazing how all of these freak injector failures follow DA cars around. Never seen anything like that before. Perhaps these injector failures aren't the cause but rather a symptom?
    My car had a brand new injector fail from Five O Motorsports when tuning my car.( The car coded and was shut down with no harm to the cylinder) A new one was shipped over night to replace the bad injector and the car got tuned.D/A has never been near my car and by that time most of the $#@! that ICS Performance had done to the car had been undone) .$#@! does happen when doing a complete custom car.
    Just remember as well it was VAC Motorsports who did the machining on the D/A cars motors.
    This last episode with the poor GT-40 was pretty sad.
    There are plenty of shops that a crusade such as this against D/A should happen.They ( D/A) are not the only ones that have made mistakes , used other peoples Ideas, had cars explode ,etc...
    I figure about 75% of the Specialty cars shops are not up to par and maybe 25% of them are shops that take pride in their work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirt11;
    I figure about 75% of the Specialty cars shops are not up to par and maybe 25% of them are shops that take pride in their work.
    + a million. I've seen some very high end shops do some real shoddy work to Porsches and charge a lot of work for it.

$600 to put a $40 auto meter boost gauge in and hack the center console to pieces in the process.

Just because I don't charge like these guys do doesn't mean I do $#@!ty work. No matter the cost, my name is on that part/install/sale....and that represents me and I will do my best to stand behind it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    + a million. I've seen some very high end shops do some real shoddy work to Porsches and charge a lot of work for it.

$600 to put a $40 auto meter boost gauge in and hack the center console to pieces in the process.

Just because I don't charge like these guys do doesn't mean I do $#@!ty work. No matter the cost, my name is on that part/install/sale....and that represents me and I will do my best to stand behind it.
    I learned that from the last shop as they had a good reputation around the Porsche world , but they lacked the follow through it takes to do the job 100%.
    The shop owner said I should have sent the car back to them so they could correct the problems that I had already figured out on my own rather than publicize the job on the internet.
    Everyone so far has had excuses for their screw ups and even though I know $#@! happens the fact that people do not take pride in their work just blows me away.
    The business I grew up in taught me you are basically no better than the last job you completed no matter how many jobs before that last job you did correctly.I find that most car shops think that just since they did one thing in the past correctly that that is all they have to do in the world and they can live on that one job for ever...Now we have the internet and Emails thus changing their false sense of security....
    D/A should have come to the window on any impropriety they had coming out of their shop as well should of had the proper insurance to cover any thing that could have possibly come up while playing with such exotic cars.
    I have seen plenty of street racing on State Street and I-95 in Stamford Connecticut that the people driving the cars did not own them..........

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345