Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Discovery Automotive Issues?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let's just put the entire Discovery Automotive thing in another thread so we don't disrespect BigM62.

I would appreciate your help in posting it up if you want to.
    Just a quick cliff note: Basil was told car was ready from Discovery Automotive. Basil picked up car. Car ran like $#@! by bucking and stumbling on WOT or less, and his new clutch was slipping. Basil got the run around from Discovery. Basil lost faith and trust in Discovery. Basil has car diagnosed by a trusted LICSENED BMW repair shop. Has to re-build new engine due to faulty engine build, and has to have another new clutch installed. I also drove car and can verify.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Just a quick cliff note: Basil was told car was ready from Discovery Automotive. Basil picked up car. Car ran like $#@! by bucking and stumbling on WOT or less, and his new clutch was slipping. Basil got the run around from Discovery. Basil lost faith and trust in Discovery. Basil has car diagnosed by a trusted LICSENED BMW repair shop. Has to re-build new engine due to faulty engine build, and has to have another new clutch installed. I also drove car and can verify.
    I'm going to move this post to a new thread and we can have a discussion on the D/A issues there as it seems there is some curiosity.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, so who is Basil and what was done with his car?

0-60motorsports was also saying they have some information on this whole DA thing. I'm a bit surprised to hear all of this as discovery automotive has done some impressive builds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Every build needs new tuning and other issues. They was a guy on BFC (Carmen) who boasted about his D/A M3. It blew up after several months and he had another shop rebuild the engine. He is now trying to sell/part out the M3. Everyone forgets this guy works out of his garage in his home. Don't get me wrong. He is very pleasant and freindly to talk to. But after 15 minutes of sweet nothings, you ask yourself, "WTF did he say?" He moved to LA and hung out at RMS to get all thier designs and ideas, and then went home and proclaimed himself the E39 M5 tuner king. He still has a good following on M5Board. Hid work looks beatiful and he farms out ALL his work. He brings up a tech from San Diego to do the engine work. He brings in someone to tune. No problem with that, but he is a conductor not a fabricator or tuner. Oh, and he is never, ever wrong. Anybody see "The Wizard of Oz"? Yep, the guy behind the green curtain. No one tuner/shop is perfect though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Every build needs new tuning and other issues. They was a guy on BFC (Carmen) who boasted about his D/A M3. It blew up after several months and he had another shop rebuild the engine. He is now trying to sell/part out the M3. Everyone forgets this guy works out of his garage in his home. Don't get me wrong. He is very pleasant and freindly to talk to. But after 15 minutes of sweet nothings, you ask yourself, "WTF did he say?" He moved to LA and hung out at RMS to get all thier designs and ideas, and then went home and proclaimed himself the E39 M5 tuner king. He still has a good following on M5Board. Hid work looks beatiful and he farms out ALL his work. He brings up a tech from San Diego to do the engine work. He brings in someone to tune. No problem with that, but he is a conductor not a fabricator or tuner. Oh, and he is never, ever wrong. Anybody see "The Wizard of Oz"? Yep, the guy behind the green curtain. No one tuner/shop is perfect though.
    Ok, I read what you are saying but for someone who is uninformed about the situation it does not add too much.

Sounds like someone went beyond what they were capable of?

The name on M5board is Basil I take it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was a lot of miscommunication and Basil is the oen who didnt take his car back even though DA said they would take a look and fix whatever needed fixing or rectifynig. Any way I Still trust DA as they have been nothing but excellent in every dealing i have ahd with them. The M3 that blew up, i would like to see some proof that it was because of DA and not user error or something else.

Any way, like i said its difficult for me to post the replies from m5board ehre due tot heir size. I am sure Basil and DA have sorted this out now.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Any way, like i said its difficult for me to post the replies from m5board ehre due tot heir size. I am sure Basil and DA have sorted this out now.
    Due to size? If there is anything preventing you from posting please let me know what it is so I can address it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...nightmare.html

I meant there are so many posts etc

Well here is the first from BASIL:

Discovery Automotive Nightmare
    I was asked to recount my experience some time ago but was torn between telling my sad story and maintaining relationships. Since it has come to light that others are having less than favorable experiences with Discovery Automotive I could not hold my tongue any longer.

Well. Where to start...

The nightmare begins with the result that I spent well over 100k for 600 rear wheel horsepower and got 434rwhp that builds very slowly. Also, the car usually goes into failsafe mode when pushed. My stock E60 M5 has more torque and would make quick work of this D/A built E39 M5. There are other issues that make the car a very poor driver and they were all present at the time of delivery.

First, I was completely “taken financially” in a several ways. The most deceitful facet to this nightmare was that Bill told me after I received the car that he built the car to 500 rwhp when we both agreed from the start and latter confirmed that he would “get me to 600.” All during the project I was paying for what I expected to be around 600 rwhp.

From day one I ran the car with kid gloves. And from the first moment that released the clutch for the very first time I noticed that the clutch was not hooking up properly. I had to drive off from traffic lights very slowly with drivers in back of me getting annoyed (and still do). The drivetrain would buck and stutter when engaging first gear each time. Further, the clutch would make squeaky slip noises when just maneuvering normally in a parking lot – even in reverse. It would also slip easily unless I paused for a split second when shifting under a firm but not full load from the engine – and the engine has no real torque.

I called Bill and told him that the clutch was acting funny and he said that it might need breaking in and he’d call UUC and check with them. I thought it strange that he would not know the characteristics of the UUC clutch he has used on his past projects. I also told him that there was an issue with a lack of power. I told him that a stock M5 would outperform this car. He just seemed oblivious to what I was saying. Later when discussing the power issue he suggested that if I wanted more power he could put a different pulley on it – at my cost of course. I left that crazy answer alone because by now I had figured him out.

You see, before this, a few days after receiving the car I noticed that there was a lot of glistening oil collecting on the bottom engine cover. I called and emailed Bill and we agreed that it might be the crank case seal. He emailed me back saying that he “didn’t make the seals” but he’d see what he could do. I thought, “what kind of answer is that?” – “I don’t make the seals.” I took from that, that if I gave him the car back he would likely charge me and it is a big job to get there. Additionally, I was telling him that the car was very sluggish and that something was wrong. This is when he suggested that I could by a bigger power pulley – but going bigger could pose problems he said.

I live not four hours from him and when I asked when I could bring the car to him to at least do a couple of quick tests like check the boost or vacuum pressure he told me that it would be at least a month and a half and to call him in a month to see where he was. I was furious. I had just received the car from him a week or so ago and had been having all this trouble before I pulled out onto the street.

I just spent about 115-120k with this clown and he brushes me off without a shred of concern about the running of the car! By this time I was beginning to let the rpms rise while driving and the car would usually go right into failsafe mode if I brought the rpms up to around 6k or so. Bill said the ECU needed to find itself and it should work itself out. Of course it couldn’t because of the vacuum leaks that I found later.

The car was such a drag to drive that I seldom drove it. One time on the freeway I tried to pull away from a 1991 M5 with 360 hp but couldn’t. I met the driver some time later and he recounted that he was pushing his M5 at about 90 %. He couldn’t understand why I couldn’t pull away from him.

After about 1700 miles I just stored the car for some months and waited to find someone honest who could fix it. I called Dinan twice but they never called back.

After six or eight months I was told of a place that was very successful with modded BMW’s and got the car out of storage to take to Edge in Dublin, CA. I told them the story and before I was done they said they have had customers from Discovery Automotive that ended up coming to them to make the car right.

Edge first found three vacuum leaks and sealed them. One was under the plenum where there was a gasket or seal missing and when they were finally able to get in contact Bill (which would take days of repeated calls) he said that the car was running fine when it left and that Dinan didn’t put the seal in when they worked on it. Well, he was just weaseling out of having to provide any kind of help – even to fix his own work. The car never went to Dinan or anyone else. The guy at Edge said that Bill acted as if he could do no wrong.

No one else had ever worked on the car. He just decided that because he knew from someone else that I was trying to find someone to fix it. We were shocked and dumbfounded to see that he couldn’t care less about the running of the car and that he offered no help. Bill told the person at Edge that the car was running fine when Bill and I both knew full well that I was having serious issues from the first days. From the start he could not care less what state the car was in.

I found it strange that he never once tried to contact me to see what was wrong since he knew I was trying to get the car fixed. He did say the first week that I could bring the car to him but almost two months from then, but by now I knew that he had completely ripped me off by having me pay for 600 rwhp and then claiming to deliver 500rwhp which itself was not fulfilled. This is a main issue I have with him.

How could I possibly bring the car back to the guy that just ripped me off?

Meanwhile, the car is stored as it has been for most of time since I took delivery of it. It still doesn’t run right. It goes into failsafe mode if I run past 6k or so and it takes it’s sweet time to get in that rpm range. It’s truly, a Frankenstein of M5’s – just as the D/A banner ad shows.

There is more that I can say to bring full visibility to the actual capability of this clown to build an E39 M5 engine but this recounting of my experience with Discovery Automotive should suffice as a warning and my recommendation to look elsewhere.

Last edited by basil; 4th March 2008 at 08:46.

And here is the last from Shadowman at DA:

I should begin by saying that after the thread was closed I asked if it would be possible for me to make a post; some would say that in closing thread the issue would have disappeared over time when in reality it would have only fallen off the present day radar because the damage has already been done.

I wanted to make a few comments after watching and reading this thread unfold over the last several days.

Let me begin by saying that the thread has been disappointing and at times disturbing however the use of this medium to share comments has been done by me as such it is only appropriate that it be used by another as well. My only significant issue was that the thread was initiated based on emotion and speculation rather than fact.

I have been active on this Forum for over 5 years during much of the time Discovery Automotive was a paid sponsor; we did this not because of the Forum sales revenue received but rather because I felt this to be a Forum that I would like to see survive the test of time. During the past years I have helped an endless number of people through PM's, emails, phone calls etc and in most cases never asked for much less expected a dime but rather I hoped that I was promoting I suppose in my crazy little world a pattern for others to follow. Certainly the viewership of this thread exceeded those that posted many times over and yet it was nice to read from those that had favorable experiences with Discovery Automotive even though they likely too were troubled by what they read. Then there were those that seemed to become elated at the idea of creating something out of this thread that they know nothing about, and then those that have received assistance from Discovery Automotive that IMO were turn coats; as if they were not sure what side would win so they bounced back and forth. In any case I have no ill feelings with regards this thread as it did several things for me;

1. It reminded me that even though I had not heard from Basil for well over a year that his dream was never realized; anyone that knows me is fully aware that the $$ associated with a project do not drive me but rather the passion conveyed by the customer does and then from that moment in time I try very hard to become a part of their world. Basil knows very well that throughout the project it grew as he became more and more excited and several times a week we would chat and or email back and forth so that he always felt in touch with his project; he remained the Puppet-Master and I the facilitator.

2. It reminded me of people that I have encountered over the years that I never want to become like

3. It reminded me that the industry of custom car work is all about the emotions and as with dreams they are subject to change at any given moment

4. It also reminded me that a large number of folks are still willing to speak of that which they do not know more than listen and learn something new.

5. It caused me a moment to reflect on how I personally participate on Forums; I share facts and personal experiences however I refrain from subjective comments, and the sharing of opinions regarding something that I have no personal involvement with. This thread confirmed for me that I will not change the manner in which I interact within Forums because the damage that one with no understanding can cause is not only huge but also sadly irreversible.

Now during the course of this thread I could have been more active and also brought numerous emails and other data into the thread however I decided not to let it become personal. In response to the one reply that stated that my solo reply was Clintonish or shallow I can say that it in fact was well thoughout and presented exactly as I intended; I was not about to refute Basil's feelings because in doing so I would have been calling him a liar; he did not lie but rather shared how he felt I simply feel that the sharing of these feelings through this medium was wrong; however in saying this I also recognize that this is just my opinion. I do however feel that over time folks forget details; at least I know this happens to me because in the case of Basil's project the scope and magnitude was huge with the motor build being only one component of it; there was chassis and suspension work, brakes, differential, body and paint work (she arrive with body damage), personal touch items; numerous a-typical service items such as door seals and the list goes on which the memory of seems to have slipped through the cracks.

Now IMO for Basil this thread remained (for the most part) emotionally driven with him stating very simply that his dream was not fulfilled; I not only recognized this but well over a year ago had him scheduled to bring his gal in to have me tend to her unknown and yet minor fluid leak as well as confirm that she was operating fine. Now Basil confirmed this and then also states that he elected not to have this happen and never even called to cancel but rather left me hanging because he was concerned for what my position would be. He also stated that he had concerns for me having misled him. These comments are in the truest sense emotion based and should never have become the bases for a thread as damaging as this; certainly as I made mention even though I support the sharing of opinions and comments this was far more than that and once Basil shared thiat he failed to bring his car back much less call to cancel the appointment all should have said; "Discovery Automotive scheduled his car in and he failed to show, did not call and then took her elsewhere; all bets are off " but no even with this information having been shared by Basil several still wanted to make it appear that Discovery Automotive dropped the proverbial ball and that our customer service is suspect; I dare say not.

Now add to this somewhat sadly I am all too aware of activities that Basil was involved with prior to his gal ever coming to me.

First of all I was contacted by Basil nearly 3 years ago during which time he was having trouble with a facility that had his M5 for (at that time) a couple years and nothing was happening. I can also share that this other facility took Basil's motor out and disassembled it with the M5 sitting there all this time, this until Basil took it upon himself to purchase a used M5 motor and transmission and had it put in the gal just so he could enjoy her while the 3 plus year motor build was completed. Then to add insult to injury Basil was informed that the used motor had a valve problem and needed a valve job so for approximately 12K this was completed and the results were let's say less than stellar however the gal was drivable as such she was driven. Then she was taken in for tires and an alignment because of a minor altercation and the facility that did the alignment did not recognize a bent right spindal even though they could not align her as such they loosened the strut and raised it to compensate for the problem.

In any case I agreed to chat with the facility that had Basil's car for years on Basil's behalf and did so couple times thinking that just maybe his project would get back on track however a year later Basil contacts me stating that nothing has changed and that he was finally tired and wanted to get his bits and pieces away from this person. Now keep in mind that during this time I never asked for a dime and never encouraged Basil to leave the other facility but rather attempted to help him through the process. In the end Basil did not want to go back to the facility as such I called them and made arrangements to have one of my guys go and pick up all of boxes. Neither of us had any true idea of what to expect but he wanted it behind him.

Once the boxes were on site and methodically looked through we found a set of coated OEM cast pistons (junk), some cool rods, a block with bore damage, heads that appeared to have had a valve job but little more, a custom pair of headers that I refused to use, and a laundry list of missing pieces such as part of the oil pan, Vanos pieces, misc. hardware, plenum, and so I contacted Basil with this information. He shared that the original engine had been used as the donor for those pieces needs to make the used engine work which was NBD as I know understood the chain of events. The results produced a block, a cool set of rods, two bare heads, a crank, and some misc internal pieces; nothing close to a complete motor but rather a few key pieces.

Once we had determined what we had there was what I would refer to as a cooling off period before Basil finally decided what he wanted to do.

So in the end I feel as though others that Basil dealt with over time became the basis of how he assumed that he was being treated by Discovery Automotive; sadly for Basil this could not have been further from the truth.

As stated earlier; Basil had an appointment and not only he did not show but he never called to cancel and then some time later I become aware that his gal was at Edge Motorworks; I dare say that we were tossed under the bus by Edge Motorworks which is the ONLY reason that I let PhillyM5 post the copy of the email. So as to be clear; we never suggested or intimated that Edge Motoworks should drive Basil's car in fact just the opposite was shared. When we were contacted Eric told us that it was being driven; in fact by this time over 100 hard miles to use Eric's words and had been dyoned over and over as such he had a few questions about the A/F readings. In any case; this post was simply as a direct response to Basil questioning why I never chatted with Edge Motorworks when in fact I did on several occasions and left the door open for more. One of the last chats that we had with Edge Motorworks was when Eric said that he was prepared to give the gal back to Basil; she was running strong with nearly 500 RWHP and no check engine lights however before doing so he wanted to figure out why his A/F data logger was showing numbers so far off. It was at that point that I shook my head and said something to the affect like "you are still driving and dynoing her even though your data logger shows A/F's in the 18's. I remember Jim Conforti and I chatting about this after Eric showed us 5 of the initial dyno pulls which took place over a week earlier and all with the A/F's in the fricken 18's and yet he kept doing it as evidenced in the posted email.

It was sometime after this conversation that Eric apparently found an air leak in the SuperSprint headers (a first for me; in fact within this thread was the first that I heard of it) and that the A/F collection point was changed or ??? In any case it would appear that he finally was able to validate that the A/F were fine because we never heard from Edge Motorworks again. My point is only and frankly rather significant that Eric continued to exercise her and by his words hard for nearly 350 miles and dyno her over and over not knowing for sure what the A/F readings were; IMO this was the ultimate crap shoot.

Then consider for a moment that my last contact was with Edge Motorworks on behalf of Basil a year ago and that I have not heard from Basil in well over a year my assumption rightfully so was (with no basis as to whether this made me happy or not) that Basil had lost faith in me and was properly taken care of by another.

So how do I feel about Basil and will his dream be realized; well I can say that contrary to Basil's comment within this thread that I liked him from the first time that we chatted and then upon meeting him for the first time a few years later I liked him even more. Basil is a fricken car knutt and even more important to me he likes all types of cars as do I. I felt that because we had a significant amount of time chatting long before we met and because I materially participated with him through some of his BS that we had a good basis to work together and forward from; he was down to earth and I offer no BS. Now as for whether Basil's dream will be realized; this I do not know however I do know that Basil misread me and Discovery Automotive and with great sadness I feel that this came as the direct result of outside influences as well as prior experiences as such he arbitrarily lumped us into being a part of a mix of folks that we work very hard to eliminate. I also feel that in as much as this thread (IMO) should never have been initiated and that any subsequent information should be based on facts and will likely be better kept between those that know them otherwise it is little more than play ground from those looking for a diversion from their own life.

In closing; the team at Discovery Automotive can comfortably and with confidence say that "We Care" even though at times we are surrounded by far too many folks in this industry and spectators on the sidelines that do not. Basil has a wonderful gal and one that we will forever remain proud of with the only regret being that Basil's dream was not realized.

For me this thread has been both an interesting point in time and a learning experience

Takes care

Shadowman
    Last edited by shadowman; 7th March 2008 at 10:30.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I call Bill Knowblock aka, 'Shadowman", the "Professor", because he reminds me of my college professors. Except, what they say makes and means sense. He (Bill K) can wax poetically all he wants to. I just look at the end results and facts. Basil spent over $100,000 on this bozo. Of course after he lost faith/trust in him, he cut him loose. Bill K./Shadowman can sell alligator polo shirts with penny loafers to a pimp. Look at the facts: every single original D/A M5 owner has sold his car at the market peak. Of course the new owners are gong to say how wonderful there cars are. Do some checking, find out why they all have to be re-tuned, and they are having problems with the D/A (RMS copied) intake plenum. It cannot hold boost. So, now all the D/A gang is trying to figure that one out. Sorry, but Basil does not post on forums..He learned his lesson over on M5Board, by telling his truthfull side of the story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look at the facts: every single original D/A M5 owner has sold his car at the market peak.
    This is actually a great point and it is true. I always wondered why these guys dumped so much money into these builds only to just let them go almost right away.

So M5board censored him to protect DA who was a vendor? I'm interested in this big time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is actually a great point and it is true. I always wondered why these guys dumped so much money into these builds only to just let them go almost right away.

So M5board censored him to protect DA who was a vendor? I'm interested in this big time.
    M5Board delets posts that they find "unworthy"Click here to enlarge Sticky PM me and I will hook you up with Basil.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    M5Board delets posts that they find "unworthy"
    Surprised they haven't just deleted the entire board then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well there are always 2 sides to a story and BigM62's third side aint helpin.

Any way, im not gona waste my time on BS gossip topics any more. Its just a waste of time as the 2 original parties are not present and all i hear is he said or she said. I stated how my dealing and my friends dealings went with DA and they are a great company.

Peace.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge

Any way, im not gona waste my time on BS gossip topics any more. Its just a waste of time as the 2 original parties are not present and all i hear is he said or she said. I stated how my dealing and my friends dealings went with DA and they are a great company.

Peace.
    How many times do I have to say, this is not a he said, she said thread. I drove the freekin car for heaven's sake. I felt the stumbling engine tune. I felt the slipping clutch. I was there at Edge Motorworks when they went over all that was wrong with the new D/A car. And I brought my engine to Rebello Racing after I saw the great job they did in re-building the new D/A car. Rebello has benn building and racing cars for many, many years, and not out of thier house. Where are any new S/C D/A M5's? I think D/A has moved on to another market. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the craftmanship of some of the D/A builds. But reliability is diffenently not one of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Peace.
    DA did Abdullah's car right? He was happy with the results I take it?

The car was sold fairly quickly though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes his car was very good from what we saw in Bahrain. I think he got offered a very good amount of money and maybe he was bored i have no idea actually. I can ask if I see him and get his side of the story. But any way, like I said in an earlier post, im not gona bother with this much. If I see him fine, if I dont i couldnt care less. For me DA is a great company and treat their customers like friends. Thats how I run my company! People who come to me for mods become Friends first customers after. GL with you project.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For me DA is a great company and treat their customers like friends. Thats how I run my company! People who come to me for mods become Friends first customers after. GL with you project.
    Agree, D/A always did me right. I was very pleased with their products.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can ask if I see him and get his side of the story. But any way, like I said in an earlier post, im not gona bother with this much.
    Thanks Ejaz, I just want to make sure we have the proper information. He was quite happy with his M5 as I recall and it ran extremely strong.

As I said, I have seen mostly good things from Discovery Automotive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BigM62 good job.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    BigM62 good job.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpoweroo1 Click here to enlarge
    Agree, D/A always did me right. I was very pleased with their products.
    What did you had have done by D/A? I did not know of any products they actually make.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was searching around to find more data on this. It sounds like D/A admits that they didn't deliver what was expected of them. 27th March 2009

Basil

Thank you for taking the time to write this reply.

Maybe one day our paths will cross again and we can simply sit and chat however for now let me share the following;

I am truly sorry that your dream was not realized and then add to this the chain of events that you have endured as the quest continues is phenomenal and saddens me.

Basil; would things have been different if she had come back to me as we discussed; I dare say yes and yet based on the situation that you dealt with for years prior to me becoming involved allows me to understand how you quickly became skeptical. Basil; I never presented a gal that would never have a problem but rather a gal that was a reflection of me and that which I thought that you wanted.

As for the smog check; I simply shared that which were in my notes and yet in the end she passed which she could not have done if the systems were not on line and properly operating.

Now to the issue of 500 rwhp versus 600 hp; Basil I likely cannot offer no excuse that will make you feel better other than to say that an OEM gal is 400 hp with a rwhp rating of approx 325 hp as such a gal with approx 600 is a gal with approx 500 rwhp; I truly feel that this was little more than a communication breakdown because I assure you that I never wanted for you to have a gal less than you dreamed of. El Diablo and Kalis have gals with approx 800 hp resulting in approx 700 rwhp.

To the paperwork issue; we are not all great at all things. During the course of the project I pride myself on regular communication, updates in real time, pictures galore, and a gal once completed that is stunning to behold and enjoyable to drive; I apologize and feel bad that the lack of paperwork placed such a wedge between us; I am sure that you made mention of it however it remained low on my to-do list as the project progressed.

Basil; all I hope for now is that when she comes home that she makes you smile and creates the adrenaline rush that you seek.

In closing; Basil FYI (knowing very well that this is a self serving statement) you did read me wrong in the end because to this day I have never wavier; I have openly shared with many included El Diablo Dave and Kalis that if only she had came back this would never have happened. I care and cared even before I was brought into the project as evidenced by my willingness and activate participation with the original facility followed by the relentless pace that was endured to complete her in a reasonable amount of time so that you did not continue to experience one delay after another as was the case with the original facility, and then add to this my commitment to bring her back in after she presented a few issues to you. I recall scheduling her visit several weeks out which was the best I could do however you apparently took this as me sharing that I did not care; this was never the case Basil. She will forever be a project that I am proud of and yet saddened by too.

We all enjoyed being a part of the project and for this I thank you.

Takes care

Shadowman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes his car was very good from what we saw in Bahrain. I think he got offered a very good amount of money and maybe he was bored i have no idea actually. I can ask if I see him and get his side of the story. But any way, like I said in an earlier post, im not gona bother with this much. If I see him fine, if I dont i couldnt care less. For me DA is a great company and treat their customers like friends. Thats how I run my company! People who come to me for mods become Friends first customers after. GL with you project.
    From the M5board.

Let me add to that, there is no strong market for second hand cars due to the fact that everyone runs after the latest and the best. Having too much money have spoilt everyone over here to the point where you hear comments like "still riding your old horse? Couldnt you buy the new model?" :p

There you go, unless you are in the lastest model you are either showing off your old stock or cant afford the lastest model. I know its a crazy world!

And yes it is true, we lack the workshops that can work on high performance vehicles. Besides that, the BMW mechanics over here (other than the dealer's) come from the era where BMW didnt know how to build V8s Click here to enlarge so no way would i let them touch my car.

Peace out X2
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...ecurity-2.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adgar Click here to enlarge
    I was searching around to find more data on this. It sounds like D/A admits that they didn't deliver what was expected of them. 27th March 2009
    Seems there is something to the talk about Basil and DA then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are really old topics to be honest. I mean I don't think D/A has built another "uber beast" M5. It sounded like Basil's car was supposed to be something like the "twins" but at the end of it all Basil and D/A weren't completely clear on what they were building. They both stated they didn't put anything in writing as to what the build was supposed to be. It sounds completely weird and both parties sound like they have part in the mess. As far as the "twins" you see why Abdullah sold his car, the original owner of the Blue M5 I couldn't find why he sold it. The blue one was bought by a guy in Chicago and he had it for about 5 years and recently sold it. I haven't found anything recent on Basil.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast