Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I thought I would bump an old thread since there has been an update on my end. I understand that most of you guys like to have "sides" and root for one vs. the other regarding your tune of choice. This is cool by me Click here to enlarge

However, since I took an active role in bashing Shiv for what I perceived as poor customer service on this forum - I strongly believe that it is my responsibility as a decent human being to state that this was almost entirely a misunderstanding on MY part.

Before anyone goes ape$#@! after reading that last sentence, please take a step back and be honest with yourself - aren't a lot of conflicts that we face in day to day life really misunderstandings? Some of them aren't, for sure, and as far as all of the hard feelings / experiences & beliefs that users of both tunes have towards the other side - I'm not trying to speak to that or influence anyone to change their mind. It's not my place - my place is to only try to recognize my mistakes in personal judgement. Therefore, since my experience was made public - a public apology for my main role in the misunderstanding is called for.

I'll cut to it. I was in an accident that really had me pissed. My car became damaged goods. I also had some significant personal issues involving the health of myself and my family. Why do I bother to state this? The answer is because normally I'm super easy going, I don't enjoy conflict, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Therefore, it was a bit of a perfect storm, I overreacted to things that I perceived were slaps in my face. I didn't bother to try to call shiv or email him again after I didn't hear back from him immediately - I chose the low road - I took it to the forums and that was wrong on my part. (BTW this is still my favorite forum by a long shot - soon to be neg reps having no bearing on this opinion).

So, recently, I've tried to address a lot of things that could use improvement in my personal life. Again, I'm not trying to get anyone to go buy a v5 or bash Terry (who has treated me extremely well!). I haven't bought another proceed or been offered one - whatever.

I decided to privately contact Shiv and let him know where I was coming from - this is how I personally have always tried to handle conflict before this situation came up. If you read any of my posts around here (I would say e90 - but they were deleted, lol) you would know that he could have easily been hostile towards me or just not replied back. In fact, the opposite is true. He was very understanding towards my situation and he agreed to chalk it up as a misunderstanding and wished me the best. Basically, he isn't the ass that I thought he was (at least towards me).

Another thing that should be noted here is that he never offered me a damn thing or asked for anything at all from me. I'm writing this essay 100% voluntarily, I never told him that I would post anything to try and clear up what I had written in the past - he didn't ask for me to do it either.

I believe that this site needs to live up to it's mission statement of speaking the truth. This is my measly attempt to contribute to that effort.

At this point, I have no beef with any tuner, or vendor (except modbargains.com). Everyone (Shiv & Terry) have attempted to do there best for me as one of their customers. I thank both of them Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mature, responsible, and glad you provided the follow up.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is what BB is all about!!
    Mad Props to Encinitas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey carcars Click here to enlarge

I don't know what to make of your post Click here to enlarge I respect what you have written in the past and I can tell that you are good guy. Believe me, I'm not trying to influence anyone to do anything.. I'm not on the same level as most people that use this site in regards to knowledge of the intricate aspects of tuning our cars. I don't claim anything other than that I'm learning a lot about our cars and that this is a hobby and I'm a student.

I'm not out to do anyone harm. Terry and Shiv are gonna have a bunch of future sales - I'm just attempting to undo a wrong that I made that was personally irresponsible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234