Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vishnu Customer Support Review

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

sounds like your not understanding, or are just trying to ignore another facet of this conversation. Click here to enlarge

im glad he helped his top customers out Click here to enlarge

oh, BTW, just like 14 months ago, he never answered me on whether he can help me out if i buy the V4 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So overshoot on boost control for upgraded turbos was an issue so Shiv added wastegate compensation to Autotuning. This makes perfect sense to fit in with the dynamic autotune concept Shiv has developed.

So instead of fixing one guys tune and having to do that again for everybody with upgraded turbos, autotuning of wastegate control was added to address the issue for everybody at once. Sounds like a strategy to save time answering emails/posts Click here to enlarge
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Exactly.
    exactly what? which is it, did "zero" fine tuning happen on "any" maps.. or did you have a customer, or should i say a different customer, because JP was the first, public, with upgraded twins then had to "fine tune" a few things, besides just the top-end taper?

there can be only one answer, and ill give you a hint.. its rhetorical..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doug,

You are starting to sound more and more like a condescending personality ( Also, please leave the winks for the girls that you are attempting to pick up while you bring your nerdy engineering ass out on the town).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    Doug,

You are starting to sound more and more like a condescending personality ( Also, please leave the winks for the girls that you are attempting to pick up while you bring your nerdy engineering ass out on the town).
    I'm sorry if my posts are coming off that way. That is not my intent. I'm really not about internet drama but do want to participate in the N54 community. I hope I have some valid points to add.

I guess if I'm going to be posting in the tuner wars on the boards i'll have to learn some more advanced emoticons like the guy with the flamethrower and stuff...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I'm sorry if my posts are coming off that way. That is not my intent. I'm really not about internet drama but do want to participate in the N54 community. I hope I have some valid points to add.

I guess if I'm going to be posting in the tuner wars on the boards i'll have to learn some more advanced emoticons like the guy with the flamethrower and stuff...
    I always enjoy hearing other peoples perceptions, whether i agree or disagree. You are a welcomed and valuable member of the n54 community here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I always enjoy hearing other peoples perceptions, whether i agree or disagree. You are a welcomed and valuable member of the n54 community here.
    Other perspectives are a good thing, as you said. I think we all just need to relax a bit, there are both positive and negative aspects mentioned here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks. Watching you pull away from that Gallardo always puts a smile on my face and makes me glad I bought my 335...

The potential of these cars is truly remarkable. We are all lucky to have lots of choices for very cheap (relatively) aftermarket mods that make huge performance gains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

i'll have to learn some more advanced emoticons like the guy with the flamethrower and stuff...
    We have a large list to choose from, you will eventually master the smilies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

Thanks. Watching you pull away from that Gallardo always puts a smile on my face and makes me glad I bought my 335...

The potential of these cars is truly remarkable. We are all lucky to have lots of choices for very cheap (relatively) aftermarket mods that make huge performance gains.
    There we go. At the end of the day, what matters is that we have many options and we can choose what works best for our particular application. We should not be divisive.

Users have their preferences and voice the reasons, other users can decide from their experiences what is best for them.

So, let's all hug.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Alright, I'll give you one here and openly apologize for my rude statement just now. It seems with all the "winking" that you are part of the Shiv Circle, especially with your post count. So, Sincerely, I'm sorry for that comment.

I believe that I made a statement earlier that congratulated you on not being a french feminine vaginal byproduct.

All kidding aside. If you are here to add something that is unbiased and unsponsored...Welcome!!! As much as I don't want to do this. I have feel like the community needs a voice that sticks up for what they believe in as "right" and doesn't back down. Internet Mockery doesn't pose any real life hazards. I can take it and I can dish it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

glad you enjoyed it. we are looking forward to the rematch with dry roads, daylight, and more-longer runs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

Alright, I'll give you one here and openly apologize for my rude statement just now. It seems with all the "winking" that you are part of the Shiv Circle, especially with your post count. So, Sincerely, I'm sorry for that comment.

I believe that I made a statement earlier that congratulated you on not being a french feminine vaginal byproduct.

All kidding aside. If you are here to add something that is unbiased and unsponsored...Welcome!!! As much as I don't want to do this. I have feel like the community needs a voice that sticks up for what they believe in as "right" and doesn't back down. Internet Mockery doesn't pose any real life hazards. I can take it and I can dish it.
    Great post, well said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My post count is just an indication that I just found this board and have only had my car a few months. To be honest, I have never talked/PM'd/emailed Shiv so he doesn't know me from Adam. I recently bought a v4 PROcede after researching the tuning options and many many reviews. The couple of features sold me on PROcede but I could have just as easily bought a JB3 (likely would have if I was doing this 6 months ago).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No worries Doug. I'll state this again. I'm a nobody in the car world and this is my place here. It doesn't hurt, threaten, or, bother me in the least. I have multiple job and personal obligations that take priority and this is a diversion for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doug,

You will find that running the PROceed is awesome. Right now it is the absolute best tune out there. Everything you have pointed out is on point. Hopefully you join all of the other forums too. Most of us are on them - unless we've been given the boot. This thread should show you that at least on this site, you will be able to voice you opinion without censorship. So, for example, even if your turn on me - we will all still be glad that you take the time, energy, and brainpower to give your criticism. Even if you flame the living crap out of me, and, exploit my limited knowledge - you are welcome here. This is the difference between all of the other sites. I'm even glad that Laloosh is on here. He brings his own intellectual discharge to the the table.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    He brings his own intellectual discharge to the the table.
    The key word being discharge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so basically, support is hit-or-miss depending on how vocal you are, and what you can do for his publicity, and he is will omit the truth when he see's fit.

Got it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

so basically, support is hit-or-miss depending on how vocal you are, and what you can do for his publicity, and he is will omit the truth when he see's fit.

Got it.
    The V4 does not only tune on its own, it also does customer service.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The V4 does not only tune on its own, it also does customer service.
    There is some truth to this, outside of the jabs. If autotune works well enough, you're not going to get many requests for customizing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)

There is some truth to this, outside of the jabs. If autotune works well enough, you're not going to get many requests for customizing it.
    There is some truth to my undertone as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

sounds like your not understanding, or are just trying to ignore another facet of this conversation. Click here to enlarge

im glad he helped his top customers out Click here to enlarge

oh, BTW, just like 14 months ago, he never answered me on whether he can help me out if i buy the V4 Click here to enlarge
    Was the V4 released 14 months ago?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There is some truth to my undertone as well.
    I'll agree with you on that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Was the V4 released 14 months ago?
    mistake, i meant V3 before i bought ANY tune, i emailed "Noob" questions as i knew nothing about this car, and had no knowledge of the history of the "tuner wars"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)

I personally handle most of our customer support leaving Jon, Eric, Jason, and Son to handle the day to day operations of building and shipping 100s of products per month. It's setup that way as it gives us the best chance to get the right information in the customers hands the soonest. Plus I spend a lot of time at the desk coding making it easy to do emails at the same time. So it works well for us.

Interestingly of say 40 customer support inquiries per day only a small fraction are actual support items. Very few asking for customization help. On the support side its normally install related questions for first timers. Also a lot of explaining about fuel pump problems, what to do for VANOS codes, whether or not they should remove something for a warranty claim, what mod to add next, noob education, etc. Things that I'm sure other vendors either don't reply to or simply reply "go check the forums". Maybe it's just a different philosophy but we reply to every single inquiry that comes in before quitting for the day. And have for the past three 3+ years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast