Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Thumbs up Vishnu Customer Support Review

I originally posted this at e90, but I wanted to let everyone know how well this experience was for me, as I rarely see these posts from PROcede users, as opposed to how BMS is full fledged praised by their customers including myself, so it's only appropriate that I give both sides the credit they deserve.....

As many of you know, I am a hp junkie and have been trying to get a full fledged working tune since the day I picked up the car.

First, I went with BMS. Terry is kick ass with his customer support and the JB3 is a really great product. Unfortunately I cannot take full advantage of all the programmed maps and settings, and I hate to constantly run around with my laptop doing logs, but anything for hp. Eventually Terry got me on a solid map and the car felt stronger, not mind blowing, but definitely had some more grunt. I would have to wait for JB4 until I could fully experience BMS Tuning potential, so I decided to go ahead and get my hands on a PROcede.

At first I was skeptical I have read that the support and service with Vishnu is nothing that can compare to BMS. This statement, at least in my case is completely false. Shiv gave me a direct line to reach him at and guided me every step of the way even when I ran to a stupid problem with my serial cable. I was blown away by the fact that Vishnu was offering the level of customer support I had grown accustomed to when I was tuning with Terry. Forgive me if this sounds overly dramatic, because I had a strong impression from a lot of forum posters that Shiv didn't have the time or patience to settle these kinds of things. In total I think we spent about 4 hours going back and forth getting everything situated and getting autotune just right.

I am a needy customer. I like everything to be explained and documented in whatever I do or invest my time into. Maybe why I am a semi-successful business man? Click here to enlarge Another aspect that really blew me away was the fact that Shiv gave me a full blown dialed in 'lecture' on exactly what he was going to be monitoring and how autotune would have to be tailored to my 335is tune. I didn't even ask about this, but he left me just a little bit more informed than I needed to be, and this was excellent.

Since I came onto e90 a few months ago, Vishnu has been pretty quick to respond to my pleas for help and answer my questions, but lately the support has been unreal and I bet many of you doubt this post is even legitimate. To each their own.

I am very happy with my PROcede and the support that came along with it.

All in all, I found a tune that will now sit properly with me, and I am very happy I 'took the chance' to try out Vishnu.

Thanks for reading,

Adrian Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Glad your happy and have what works for you as thats what really counts. Its open posting of actual reviews that helps the community. (and may be the reason you had a good CS review)

Enjoy your car safely and spiritedly Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me know if you needed any help with your search on the other site. Just shoot a PM.

-Adrian

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh and your car is sick!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by k726 Click here to enlarge
    I originally posted this at e90, but I wanted to let everyone know how well this experience was for me, as I rarely see these posts from PROcede users, as opposed to how BMS is full fledged praised by their customers including myself, so it's only appropriate that I give both sides the credit they deserve....
    Thank you for taking the time to do so and we appreciate it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by k726 Click here to enlarge
    At first I was skeptical I have read that the support and service with Vishnu is nothing that can compare to BMS. This statement, at least in my case is completely false. Shiv gave me a direct line to reach him at and guided me every step of the way even when I ran to a stupid problem with my serial cable. I was blown away by the fact that Vishnu was offering the level of customer support I had grown accustomed to when I was tuning with Terry.
    I'm not surprised to hear this, I have never had trouble getting a hold of Shiv even though obviously I'm not in the market for either tune. We have seen a few threads where customers said they were very happy with Vishnu customer service.

Personally, I don't think anyone has a big problem with Shiv's customer service it is more his attitude and marketing. I like his attitude personally but then again some people have problems with mine as well. Thing is, I'm not trying to sell tunes or products.

I don't doubt your post for a minute, enjoy your car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to see he's getting better about it. I was one of those on the fence a few years back and sent multiple messages and waited a long time, all to hear nothing back from Shiv. As LM said, what's important is that you're happy!
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wizzle335 Click here to enlarge
    I was one of those on the fence a few years back and sent multiple messages and waited a long time, all to hear nothing back from Shiv
    This is something I saw more often a while ago, seems he is trying harder now.

I forget who I was talking to but they wanted an upgraded turbo tune and Shiv didn't get back to them. However, there have been several people very happy with Vishnu service as of late including the OP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

The level of service you get depends heavily on how visible and active you are on the forums. If you are posting a lot, could possibly change tunes and end up having V4, the level of the service is amazing. For an ordinary guy like myself, his service sucks a**.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    The level of service you get depends heavily on how visible and active you are on the forums. If you are posting a lot, could possibly change tunes and end up having V4, the level of the service is amazing. For an ordinary guy like myself, his service sucks a**.
    I think there is something to be said with that, but to be fair his customer service has improved dramatically over the last year. I guess he figured he was loosing too many customers due to the bad/lack of responsiveness. In the last year I have had more then a handful of customers either switch or pick the JB3 due to this fact. I am glad he is better now as it benefits all.

Mike

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm no "N54 VIP". Shiv has been 'decent to good" with me. To be fair, I haven't been very polite to him in some of my posts. He probably doesn't trust me as he is most likely used to his clients worshiping his greatness. I actually have to say that he is probably a nice guy who is focused on making a profit and helping those who stand the best chance of helping him sell more. I think the v4 is great too.

As I'm moving on to the Rob Becks, I'm going to need some hand holding and a high level of customer service. I plan on buying the JB4 or whatever Terry ends up calling it. I may keep the V4 to compare and contrast both tunes with the upgraded turbos. This may be a way that I can contribute to our community. However, I'm going to try and keep my opinions and experiences professional. I respect what both guys have done for the community a lot. I won't be out to criticize one or the other. Hopefully, I can only end up complimenting good service when I get it and working through less than perfect service by using their customer service solutions vs. starting a fire on the boards.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    He probably doesn't trust me as he is most likely used to his clients worshiping his greatness.
    This is a great quote man, lol, I'm still laughing. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Got to give it up to Terry and BMS, No need to be a VIP to get great service CONSISTENTLY even for the "ordinary" guys.
    Good to hear the proceed guys are finally getting the QUALITY support they deserve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I should clarify my prior post. I didn't intend to imply anything negative about how Shiv has treated me. I would love to keep the v4 too. It has been a trouble free tune that I've been stoked on! It's just that I'm not a part of the "inner circle" and the fact that I prefer this forum probably doesn't help. I'm pretty sure that the JB4 will be along the same lines of performance as the v4.

Why might I give up the v4? It comes down to the eagerness of both the tuner and his supporters to help me out as one of maybe less than 1 % of the n54's soon to have upgraded turbos. (I wouldn't think about giving it up either, but, it could pay for the upgraded clutch I'm gonna need soon Click here to enlarge

If I didn't need help dialing and tweaking a tunes settings - I would probably just rent a dyno and tune the car myself using CPE's tune (That would be the most fun and have the biggest sense of accomplishment attached). I hate being needy, I really don't like asking for help. But, when it comes to certain things, I know when I'm in over my head and I have no shame in asking for help from those that seem glad to give it. BTW, can someone tell Former Boosted to join this site - that guy is super helpful! (The tuner that sponsors that guy to represent / promote / research / and speak for the tune would for sure sell quite a few more tunes).

Anyway, Shiv and Terry don't really owe any of us anything besides making sure our tune actually "works". That being said, anything "extra" in the form of advice helps. FWIW, at this point I think that autotuning is the best thing out at the moment. It takes a lot of the logging needed out of the equation. For the 90% with just tune or mild mods and no time to play on their hands, I completely recommend it.
    Last edited by encinitas; 08-29-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Im sure CP-e will be gettin more and more publicity as the upgraded turbo's become more common, and their customer service rivals T's so far, so its win/win

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Im sure CP-e will be gettin more and more publicity as the upgraded turbo's become more common, and their customer service rivals T's so far, so its win/win
    Exactly, I think their niche is going to be the more custom setups. With unfor's upgrade nearing completion that will be big exposure for them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Probably better to respond to Laloosh in this thread than jacking Terry's

First, my questions for Shiv had nothing to do with which map and stuff like that. He sells a meth kit that is PNP. If you look on his site, it doesn't list the components. I was interested in buying this kit to run with his tune. I wanted to know if there was a detailed part list and if there were any other links that broke down the DIY (instructions) that were better than what I could find after searching on e90.

Never got back to me about either question.

Then, I asked he could send me a setup that would work with the dual bungs on my STETT CP. He responded, I'm paraphrasing, why don't you just run the elbow that is included in the kit instead. For reasons that should be obvious, I didn't want to go with that proposal. He then said, fine, I'll sell you the kit minus the elbow for $100 less. I never got specific answers to specific questions, and, if anything, it seemed like all he cared for was another sell.

He just wasn't great with helping a customer that hasn't installed a meth kit before. I was trying to do as much homework as possible ahead of time to do this well and I was also trying to shop the components to see if I wanted to go with another company, or, if his kit indeed warranted top dollar. For me top dollar meant having the best components, the best instructions, and, the best integration - or - at least guidance on integrating this with what I had already.

Also, he knows I'm on the list for the RB turbo's. I had to PM him to find out - later he posted he would - but, I didn't know if he would help tune and support them. He took awhile getting back and then finally said that he would be tune them. Again, there was no sense of him wanting to go the extra mile to ensure that his tune would dial this large investment in properly. I'm sure Terry would have been stoked.

In contrast - Mike at n54 emailed me back thoroughly with everything that I wanted to know about his CM kit and upgraded turbos (injector type of questions and flow rates mainly). I'm getting the SNOW kit, however, I'm confident that the CM kit would work out equally well.

Finally, Shiv called me out with wanting to know what was up with my other posts in this thread - read them if you care. I responded in a direct and non inflammatory manner to why I said what I said.

I never heard back from him.

So, IMHO is he a nice guy? Definitely. Is he unable to take criticism? Yes. Is his tune great? For sure.

So when the JB4 comes out and is AS good if not better - wouldn't customer service be a deciding factor for an "$#@!" like me, as you say, Laloosh?

Obviously you are here to make friends and influence people - you are probably a highly successful person that gets laid by hot chicks all the time too.

Since you know everything about cars and are a Godsend to our community - please never buy that 5.0 that you want and stay here. Please, WTF would we do without your amazing wealth of knowledge and helpful comments.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I was interested in buying this kit to run with his tune. I wanted to know if there was a detailed part list and if there were any other links that broke down the DIY (instructions) that were better than what I could find after searching on e90.

I don't really understand that. With all the time he spends online shouldn't his priority be getting back to customers? He has plenty of time to sit around and debate.

Finally, Shiv called me out with wanting to know what was up with my other posts in this thread - read them if you care. I responded in a direct and non inflammatory manner to why I said what I said.
    Huh? He responds instantly to posts you make here due to how they may portray him yet he doesn't respond back quickly to your e-mails as a customer of his? That would irk me a bit to say the least, I don't even get it.

I never heard back from him.
    I have a clear understanding of why you are selling the Procede now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyway, Shiv and Terry don't really owe any of us anything besides making sure our tune actually "works". That being said, anything "extra" in the form of advice helps. FWIW, at this point I think that autotuning is the best thing out at the moment. It takes a lot of the logging needed out of the equation. For the 90% with just tune or mild mods and no time to play on their hands, I completely recommend it.
    First, my questions for Shiv had nothing to do with which map and stuff like that. He sells a meth kit that is PNP. If you look on his site, it doesn't list the components. I was interested in buying this kit to run with his tune. I wanted to know if there was a detailed part list and if there were any other links that broke down the DIY (instructions) that were better than what I could find after searching on e90.

Then, I asked he could send me a setup that would work with the dual bungs on my STETT CP. He responded, I'm paraphrasing, why don't you just run the elbow that is included in the kit instead. For reasons that should be obvious, I didn't want to go with that proposal. He then said, fine, I'll sell you the kit minus the elbow for $100 less. I never got specific answers to specific questions, and, if anything, it seemed like all he cared for was another sell.

He just wasn't great with helping a customer that hasn't installed a meth kit before. I was trying to do as much homework as possible ahead of time to do this well and I was also trying to shop the components to see if I wanted to go with another company, or, if his kit indeed warranted top dollar. For me top dollar meant having the best components, the best instructions, and, the best integration - or - at least guidance on integrating this with what I had already.

Also, he knows I'm on the list for the RB turbo's. I had to PM him to find out - later he posted he would - but, I didn't know if he would help tune and support them. He took awhile getting back and then finally said that he would be tune them. Again, there was no sense of him wanting to go the extra mile to ensure that his tune would dial this large investment in properly. I'm sure Terry would have been stoked..
    I'm confused.

First you state that the only thing Shiv or Terry owe anybody is a tune that works. That's what they are selling and what we all pay for.

Then you jump into criticizing Shiv for 1) not making you parts list for the meth kit that is very well documented on e90post 2) asking him to provide a custom meth kit for a dual bung setup that would obviously require significant R&D work (fabrication, testing, etc.) and 3) agreeing to provide a custom tune on the RB turbos...

From what you wrote, you never offered any additional compensation for the work you were requesting.

I guess I have a different perspective. As a mechanical engineer myself, I take it as my responsibility to do the research and ensure that any modifications will be safe on my car. The aftermarket community provides the options. If you want something different you either have to do the R&D yourself (Mr.5 intake for instance) or pay a shop to do that work for you.

Asking these tuners to provide custom equipment and tunes is very much beyond their obligations as tuners. In the past, if you wanted a custom dyno tune you would pay big bucks for it. Now with datalogging, this can be done without ever seeing the car. However, the investment in time is the same and should be compensated in some way.

I think it's only fair to Shiv and Terry that they be paid for their time when you make a request beyond supporting the tunes/equipment they are marketing...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007 Click here to enlarge
    I guess I have a different perspective. As a mechanical engineer myself, I take it as my responsibility to do the research and ensure that any modifications will be safe on my car. The aftermarket community provides the options. If you want something different you either have to do the R&D yourself (Mr.5 intake for instance) or pay a shop to do that work for you.
    Is not part of the research discussing the product with the tuner? If the tuner does not take the time to respond, does that not put an end to that aspect of research?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    True. However, in my opinion there is more than enough information on the tuner's websites and forums like this one to make a well informed decision when it comes to a tune. I did this recently and decided to go with PROcede for the couple of extra features (cps offsetting, boost reduction on high and low oil temps, and autotuning).

The distinction I am trying to make is the difference between customer service (supporting the product such that it works as advertised) and providing custom tuning or custom equipment services.

If I go buy some new turbos from a local shop, I would not expect Shiv or Terry to bend over backwards to develop a custom tune for me without some kind of compensation. I think with the turbos coming out recently, they are doing custom tunes as a form of advertising the versatility of their products and supporting the N54 community.

However, if my car has serious problems after installing the PROcede I would expect to get someone from Vishnu on the phone to help me troubleshoot the issue. In this hypothetical case, lack of responsiveness IS poor customer service.

If I was Shiv and someone asked me for a custom meth kit, my response would be the same. This is the kit we are selling. Period. There's no incentive for him to spend the time customizing the kit for one customer. A response would be nice, but we all only have so many things we can do at once.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007 Click here to enlarge
    True. However, in my opinion there is more than enough information on the tuner's websites and forums like this one to make a well informed decision when it comes to a tune. I did this recently and decided to go with PROcede for the couple of extra features (cps offsetting, boost reduction on high and low oil temps, and autotuning).
    Absolutely, but once you complete that and may have a few questions you would specifically like to go over with the tuner, if they don't make an effort to get back to you, it just does not make you feel like they want your business.

I think the difference that is being highlighted is that Terry does a better job getting back to people with all sorts of inquiries quickly.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

So in summary. If you are a newbie and ask retarded questions get a jb3 and bug terry. He will answer you.
    If you get a procede and are a newbie, shiv will ignore you. Makes sense.

Guys who know what they are doing, cs is useless for the 99 percent of retarded $#@!en questions asked by both camps. In that case, base you decision of something else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    So in summary. If you are a newbie and ask retarded questions get a jb3 and bug terry. He will answer you.
    Should it matter if you are a noob or not a noob? All customers should be treated equally.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    If you get a procede and are a newbie, shiv will ignore you. Makes sense.
    Does not make sense and the guy is not a n00b, he was simply ignored until he mentioned he was ignored and then Shiv pounced on him for doing so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doug007, you are someone that makes some sense and I can respect what you say. I disagree in part, but, a lot of what you say I do agree with.

My point is that - Shiv and Terry don't owe us anything besides selling us a tune that works. However, IF one of the finds that it is better for there business model to go above and beyond these basic requirements (for free)- then this is a welcome benefit to going with them, especially if you plan on extensive new mods that haven't been well documented and discussed yet for our platform. If this was a k04 setup on a vw or b5s4, and, I couldn't research that kind of stuff on my own for the most part, then, tuners should get annoyed, etc.

If you go into most aftermarket shops out there - they will have no clue on how to optimize this setup. GIAC is a very well respected brand that has yet to tune an upgraded n54 turbo. Why? They don't want to $#@! it up and they want it done the right way. In this regard, having a tuner explain how they are going to dial you in seems to make more sense if they want to be known for being a go to product in this category. Do I have to explain why I might want specific info regarding the right amount of meth flow with upgraded turbos?

Fine, I agree that they do have the right to charge me for this if they feel like it. But, if a tuner wants to help out without a charge, this is excellent and deserves recognition.

Is Enrita gonna get big time help from Shiv? You bet. Is he gonna pay for it? Nope. Why? Shiv wants to use him to one up Terry and prove that he won't blow his motor as it is assumed my a lot of people on the forums that this was ALL Terry's fault. Who else will get help, Dzenno, Jpsimon, and anyone else that has a long history on the boards, for free too.

So like Sticky pointed out, why should shiv treat people who purchased his tune differently? I dunno, and, I'm over it - said what I need to say.

So since you have never been a noob or asked retarded questions in your whole life Laloosh, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that you were born potty trained, never wet the bed or $#@! your pants as an infant either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doug007, sincerely glad to have you on this forum! I'm sorry for possibly bumming you out by negativity concerning the great tune that you purchased. I agree for the same reasons that you mentioned - it is the best one out at the moment.

The last thing I wanted to point out is in regards to your statement about his PNP kit being well documented on E90. This is a stretch. The DIY's show multiple areas for improvement on a clean system - these are the ones that Shiv links on his site. If you actually click the link on his site to purchase the kit, it doesn't provide a list of what is included with it either - yes you can find most of what is in it on e90, takes a bit of searching through multiple threads, but, agreed, most of it is there.

As far as a well documented setup goes, check out the SNOW thread that FormerBoosted did over there and get back to me with how you feel they compare with one another. In the end, the SNOW kit is what I chose specifically because of their customer service, the writeup by FBIS, (as well as the help that he provided via pm without any payment, lol, just a desire to be helpful).

CS, and half ass documentation has cost SHIV close to a grand in losing a meth kit sale. It would appear that spending a few moments on the computer talking about how his kit could be modified to be optimized could have paid off. Maybe he makes 3-500 hundred on the kit? 20 minutes of his time typing on his computer for that coin isn't exactly going to hurt his bottom line either. So in fact, it would seem that the meth advice is part of the primo price tag of the kit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast