Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning project

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i'm confused... you have been doing all this on the stock pump? i thought you were doing it on the upgraded one.. what's the point of doing it on a pump we already know can't do 100% E85 in just about any decent power situation?

will be interesting to see if the upgrade helps, you had me more worried that the upgraded pump +LPFP pressure still failed haha
    The upgraded pump doesn't seem to improve flow much < 5500rpm.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we are gonna be doing something different soon on the low pressure side as well with 100% E85. might sound crazy but i think we can get away with 100% E85 and no meth on the 6466 .....
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    we are gonna be doing something different soon on the low pressure side as well with 100% E85. might sound crazy but i think we can get away with 100% E85 and no meth on the 6466 .....
    Because of the top heavy power band it may be the case. We'll have to see!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Because of the top heavy power band it may be the case. We'll have to see!

thats the thought
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The upgraded pump doesn't seem to improve flow much < 5500rpm.
    have you tested it with the inline booster pump?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Okay, I was up under my car a few minutes ago and was able to confirm that the E90 chassis has these threaded bolt holes next to the transmission as well. I would have to assume the E92 does too. We should be able to mount the pump in the same spot.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for posting it here. I dont have enough rep. points.Click here to enlarge
    Terry, are they legit?

Hpfpupgrade.com?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vargas doesn´t say anything about it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jay335i Click here to enlarge
    Terry, are they legit?

Hpfpupgrade.com?
    There's a big thread on them here and they are a vendor. Just do a search.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky pls give me some rep points! Lol.

Prices:Click here to enlarge
    Stage 1
    $1,295.00

Stage2
    $2,290.50

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky pls give me some rep points! Lol.

Prices:Click here to enlarge
    Stage 1
    $1,295.00

Stage2
    $2,290.50
    There?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    any idea why there would be holes for? carrying the chassis on the line maybe?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, are they legit?

Hpfpupgrade.com?
    I hear they are scammers moving from platform to platform preying on desperate direct injection customers. I personally would not buy anything from them without explicit photos showing exactly what they are changing on the pump to justify that hefty price tag and risk dealing with them.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    have you tested it with the inline booster pump?
    Not at greater than 70psi low fuel pressure. But personally I'm coming to the conclusion that trying to make big power without meth on stock frame turbos is just a waste of time. It might be a waste of time with aftermarket manifold turbos too. Too early to tell there. Sure maybe you can do a single gear pull and put down 600whp+ or more but will it make it down a dragstrip like that and run impressive times? My confidence is low.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not at greater than 70psi low fuel pressure. But personally I'm coming to the conclusion that trying to make big power without meth on stock frame turbos is just a waste of time. It might be a waste of time with aftermarket manifold turbos too. Too early to tell there. Sure maybe you can do a single gear pull and put down 600whp+ or more but will it make it down a dragstrip like that and run impressive times? My confidence is low.
    What's impressive about the current 600whp+ numbers from the track?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well that's thoroughly disappointing as someone who'd really rather run 100% E85 no meth Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well that's thoroughly disappointing as someone who'd really rather run 100% E85 no meth Click here to enlarge
    Yes I agree... I am too awaiting a fueling solution to run anything more than 60% e85...
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    What's impressive about the current 600whp+ numbers from the track?
    Nothing, really. But my point is doing single gear dyno pulls does not equal a run down the track with several shifts. My confidence in meth only fueling at high power levels is currently fairly low. Your thoughts?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nothing, really. But my point is doing single gear dyno pulls does not equal a run down the track with several shifts. My confidence in meth only fueling at high power levels is currently fairly low. Your thoughts?
    so you don't LIKE the whole meth situation

but you can't see another solution immediately?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so you don't LIKE the whole meth situation

but you can't see another solution immediately?
    Pretty much sums it up. Although, I strongly support meth. It's a great tool. It's just in a perfect world it should not be required for fueling. It should be used for octane enhancement and IAT suppression. Using meth for fueling purposes is an obvious crutch.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty sure we're on the same page when it comes to fueling with meth using the typical spray-down-the-charge-pipes approach, in other words I think doing it that way is pretty Click here to enlarge

Direct port though with a controller that is aware of each nozzle's flow rate would probably be the only way I could see meth working in a high hp setup I'd feel comfortable with playing around on my car. Although I'm sure even then I'd be craving for fuel to come through the DI injectors. Nothing like fuel sprayed so fine at 3000psi right into the combustion chamber Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure we're on the same page when it comes to fueling with meth using the typical spray-down-the-charge-pipes approach, in other words I think doing it that way is pretty
    Heh, you guys still arguing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Direct port though with a controller that is aware of each nozzle's flow rate would probably be the only way I could see meth working in a high hp setup I'd feel comfortable with playing around on my car. Although I'm sure even then I'd be craving for fuel to come through the DI injectors. Nothing like fuel sprayed so fine at 3000psi right into the combustion chamber Click here to enlarge
    it's a bit weird to think at least on stock frame turbos, that setup would have more demand in the midrange rather than up top, where the HPFP somehow stops struggling as badly even on bigger setups
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    midrange is where peak torque is, thus the highest fueling demands.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast