Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning project

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Morning project

*** CONCEPT DIDN'T PAN OUT AS HOPED LONG TERM ***

Suggested pump upgrade installation is 255 in tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 09-30-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice and clean install!!
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Bit cleaner than before. Click here to enlarge Only one clamp is attached as I only had one metric bolt to fit that location. The 135i has two threaded holes right there for some reason. Perfect for mounting a pump. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

looks good, now just need to work ...Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

what about the LP sensor and DME compensating voltage to the in tank pump... will you add a bias? I guess this is the first test to see what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Based on the first set I learned the sensor tilts out at 87psi, throws a shadow 29F3 code, and the pump then switches over to a default duty cycle curve that is basically 100% duty at full throttle. So for now I won't bother with it. I'm going to program the JB4 to kick the pump on at 100% duty cycle at 12psi and see how it does in general compared to the Walbro in tank.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

You can also unplug the lpfp sensor entirely making the lpfp run at full duty all the time
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Terry are you saying that the 135i has two threaded holes by the tranny where you mounted this one on the 335i?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit cleaner than before. Click here to enlarge Only one clamp is attached as I only had one metric bolt to fit that location. The 135i has two threaded holes right there for some reason. Perfect for mounting a pump. Click here to enlarge

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13687-1.jpg
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Waiting for the track to open

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    You can also unplug the lpfp sensor entirely making the lpfp run at full duty all the time
    Basically same thing. It actually doesn't run full duty full time though. I made a video a long time ago, let me see if I can find it...

Found it. lol @ old CMGS. Click here to enlarge

Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Terry are you saying that the 135i has two threaded holes by the tranny where you mounted this one on the 335i?
    The 135i happens to have two bolts there to accept a pump bracket. I can't say whether the 335i has the same bolts.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

I thought that was its failsafe mode, think i read it somewhere..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    I thought that was its failsafe mode, think i read it somewhere..
    Went by Pep Boys this morning to pick up some clamps and noticed some $#@! has copied your trademarked character and made him in to a headphone jack. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

Lmfao sharing is caring lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

8 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Some $#@! also made a movie about it...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Lol I loved that movie when I was a kid...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL oh noooo haha

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Busy day. Broke down twice driving around due to a fuel line popping off. First time luckily close to the office and second time luckily close to home. So I was able to walk a bit, grab tools/jack, and repair both times. Finally took it apart at home again and realized there was an assembly flaw. The quick connect fitting I was using to mate to the OEM line was not long enough. Found a FRAM F65217 fuel filter at Pep Boys and used that as a joiner. Seems solid now and so far so good. Back in business. Click here to enlarge

The pump is controlled by the JB4 and turns on at ~8psi. When it kicks on map goes to 20 in the log, and low fuel pressure tilts at 87psi. Based on the last round of testing I'm guessing fuel pressure is around 100psi.

Still slowly building confidence up with the install so didn't venture too far from home tonight but I did grab a few short logs. I can see PWM is maxing out around 60% even when fuel pressure dives. That must just be the maximum. I noticed a bit of inconsistency in how/when it drops. So I'll try to narrow it down so I have a good repeatable test, and then I'll program the JB4 to add a bit of duty cycle to the mass control valve in a situation where fuel pressure has been dropping just to see what happens.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

ha never seen this one before must be late 70's early 80's swear I had every foot pedal known to man at one time or another .lmao

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JB5 coming soon lol?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    JB5 coming soon lol?
    lol the JB4 does all this stuff. We put lots of extra I/O on it. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

lol the JB4 does all this stuff. We put lots of extra I/O on it. Click here to enlarge
    just need to add more features ;D
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

any updates here @Terry@BMS ? I am going in next week to undercover.
    JB4 G5 Iso +Bimmerboost e85 Backend l Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump l BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Upcoming: Port Injection l ProEFI l MFactory LSD

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    any updates here @Terry@BMS ? I am going in next week to undercover.
    It's working at least as well as a single or dual in tank pump. But I still can't tell if its working better as I didn't get a good 100% E85 log on the factory turbos with the in tank pump and I'm too lazy to put it back in. Here is a log I just did, straight E85, map 7, on our E85 (leaner) flash. Fuel pressure dips at the shift but doesn't tank. But note IAT is > 100 degrees. When it cools down tonight or this weekend I'll do the same run with a 60-70 degree IAT so we can see where it really stands. I expect it will tank then. Click here to enlarge

As next steps I have the Vargas fuel rail to install. And will be doing their pump. But I'm out of fuel system ideas at the moment. Unless some legitimate fuel pump company starts making a new pump (not upgrading the factory) I don't think we'll be able to get away from meth for fueling help.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What % from minimum desirable are you theorizing we're at now re fuel mass for pump gas and E85 and where are the problem RPMs with the stock pump (and no help from meth or lean flashes)? I ask because I don't know if anyone has tried to pin some ballpark numbers these points.

thx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

As next steps I have the Vargas fuel rail to install. And will be doing their pump. But I'm out of fuel system ideas at the moment. Unless some legitimate fuel pump company starts making a new pump (not upgrading the factory) I don't think we'll be able to get away from meth for fueling help.
    i'm confused... you have been doing all this on the stock pump? i thought you were doing it on the upgraded one.. what's the point of doing it on a pump we already know can't do 100% E85 in just about any decent power situation?

will be interesting to see if the upgrade helps, you had me more worried that the upgraded pump +LPFP pressure still failed haha
    boop

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast