Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

EFI-Logic downpipe update - minor issue

It turns that in sometime in 2011, they changed from a flange on the downpipes to a slip joint. Well, as you guessed, I got a flanged set and need a slip joint.

The response from EFI-Logic was exactly what you would hope for. Basically, no problem, send them back and we will get a new set out to you. I can't do the install again until June, so they can schedule their shop time.

Once they are in, I will let you know the results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brian425 Click here to enlarge
    The response from EFI-Logic was exactly what you would hope for. Basically, no problem, send them back and we will get a new set out to you. I can't do the install again until June, so they can schedule their shop time.
    That's awesome, that is EXACTLY how it should be handled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You learn about a person or company when something goes wrong. We got on the phone, figured out a plan that worked for both of us and we will get it done.

I am happy I chose EFI-Logic and I am looking forward to reporting back on the downpipes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

You learn about a person or company when something goes wrong. We got on the phone, figured out a plan that worked for both of us and we will get it done.

I am happy I chose EFI-Logic and I am looking forward to reporting back on the downpipes.
    I'm very glad to have EFI-Logic here especially as I see more and more about their quality customer service. Sucks you have to wait but we'll get a review up on those downpipes soon enough Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I sent the downpipes back to EFI Logic today. I have requested some changes to the current design based on the stock down pipes.

With the changes requested, I am not sure EFI Logic can meet the same week turn around. (I do not expect them to, since I am changing what we agreed upon.)

I can't wait to get them back and test them out. Then the guys from EFI-Logic can start selling downpipes for the X5 50i.

As I mentioned before, EFI-Logic has been very easy to work with. Once I have everything back in, I will give a full update.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I sent the downpipes back to EFI Logic today. I have requested some changes to the current design based on the stock down pipes.

With the changes requested, I am not sure EFI Logic can meet the same week turn around. (I do not expect them to, since I am changing what we agreed upon.)

I can't wait to get them back and test them out. Then the guys from EFI-Logic can start selling downpipes for the X5 50i.

As I mentioned before, EFI-Logic has been very easy to work with. Once I have everything back in, I will give a full update.
    What changes are you asking for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I am asking him to add a flex section and some brackets that are on the stock DPs. They are not terribly difficult changes; but, I sprung them on Tony in an e-mail at 9:00PM on a Saturday. So it is clearly not fair to expect him to hold the date agreed on.

Tony is going to try to get the changes made in the same amount of time. If he does, great, if not, then I am sure he will get them out to me as soon as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just a quick update. I spoke with Tony yesterday and he expects that even with the changes I asked for, he will deliver on the original schedule.

Tony has been a pleasure to deal with. Both of us have been reasonable and have tried to work with both people's schedules. It is nice when both sides work to make things go well.

I would recommend EFI-Logic and Tony to anyone.

I will give an update on the downpipes after the install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Always glad to help out I like challenges Click here to enlarge