Close

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1447
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
    Once a trans upgrade is found I'm sure it will be a different story. 700 RWHP is a lot for any car but to come close to Sticky I'm sure the N54 will need 1000+ RWHP.
    This^^^^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I doubt it will be as long as some may think. I should be pushing around 700rw myself on a 6AT in the next few weeks. I have a spare trans in my garage just in case it doesn't last very long with additional cooling and the Alpina flash.
    Nobody is going to get within 10 car lengths with an N54. Some of you are dreaming. The N54 will need MORE power.

What's 700 going to do for you when I don't even have power in the 700's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Nobody is going to get within 10 car lengths with an N54. Some of you are dreaming. The N54 will need MORE power.

We're 2 cylinders and 1.5k rpm short LOL.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I didn't say my current setup is what I think would hang, I was just stating what I'll be doing for now. I had originally had a much larger turbo planned, I had a 6AT prototype transmission build planned with a certain very reputable company (which only you and one other person knew about) and had an engine rebuild in works as well. Transmission deal seems to have fallen apart, and with a huge set-back from Forced Performance on some of the center sections on their turbos being ruined and starting back from scrach, and my car already sitting in a shop since November 18th I decided to switch turbos to something that will max out around same power that stock motor and fuel system will. However, there are a couple other guys with bigger plans that may give you a run for your money, or at least be closer than you think.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    We're 2 cylinders and 1.5k rpm short LOL.
    LOL, I hear ya on the RPM range, but it's not quite that bad, and with a rebuild I don't see why this motor can't go to at least 7600. I don't really care about cylinders, it's all about the flow baby!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I didn't say my current setup is what I think would hang, I was just stating what I'll be doing for now. I had originally had a much larger turbo planned, I had a 6AT prototype transmission build planned with a certain very reputable company (which only you and one other person knew about) and had an engine rebuild in works as well. Transmission deal seems to have fallen apart, and with a huge set-back from Forced Performance on some of the center sections on their turbos being ruined and starting back from scrach, and my car already sitting in a shop since November 18th I decided to switch turbos to something that will max out around same power that stock motor and fuel system will. However, there are a couple other guys with bigger plans that may give you a run for your money, or at least be closer than you think.
    Well I certainly hope so. More competition is better for everyone involved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

I want my E21 shop car after your ass, sticky Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Transmission deal seems to have fallen apart
    Why not go with a DCT and upgraded clutch packs? If it's good enough for Sticky's car, it will be good enough for yours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    I want my E21 shop car after your ass, sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm down!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Well I certainly hope so. More competition is better for everyone involved.
    I agree, and for the record, the only reason you may think I get on your case sometimes about your car being ready is I, like you, completely agree in the fact that the S65 and the M3 have huge untapped potential, and the more your car sits and the N54's continue to grow, the more others will become discouraged to attempt big things with it. I truly want to see your car in your hands and start seeing some jaws drop. I am and have been a BMW fan for a long time, and I want to see the platform succeed soo bad! (beyond just being a fun 600rw daily)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I agree, and for the record, the only reason you may think I get on your case sometimes about your car being ready is I, like you, completely agree in the fact that the S65 and the M3 have huge untapped potential, and the more your car sits and the N54's continue to grow, the more others will become discouraged to attempt big things with it. I truly want to see your car in your hands and start seeing some jaws drop. I am and have been a BMW fan for a long time, and I want to see the platform succeed soo bad! (beyond just being a fun 600rw daily)
    Nobody wants it more than I do. This is the year I hit everyone hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alex325i Click here to enlarge
    Why not go with a DCT and upgraded clutch packs? If it's good enough for Sticky's car, it will be good enough for yours.
    Once there is actually a solution out for it, that would be great, but Sticky has been through quite a bit with his, a $#@!load of time and money, and results, although hopeful, are yet to be seen.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Once there is actually a solution out for it, that would be great, but Sticky has been through quite a bit with his, a $#@!load of time and money, and results, although hopeful, are yet to be seen.
    SSP set me back quite a bit of time and money. If I never got involved with them and bought that idiots bull$#@!...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Nobody wants it more than I do. This is the year I hit everyone hard.
    I hope you do, it's already looking extremely promising for the N54, it'd be great to see both kick some ass

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

SSP set me back quite a bit of time and money. If I never got involved with them and bought that idiots bull$#@!...
    Yeah, if Dodson comes up with a solution and the company you went with, sorry can't remember name right now, then that's huge. Used DCT's aren't badly price, and as long as the rebuild and install isn't killer, it'd be a sweet upgrade.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Yeah, if Dodson comes up with a solution and the company you went with, sorry can't remember name right now, then that's huge. Used DCT's aren't badly price, and as long as the rebuild and install isn't killer, it'd be a sweet upgrade.
    This is something Gintani is doing themselves and I think it's going to work out for everyone quite well. We will know this month. All I want to see right now is a clean pass at 18.5 psi to see what the car is really making at that boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

This is something Gintani is doing themselves and I think it's going to work out for everyone quite well. We will know this month. All I want to see right now is a clean pass at 18.5 psi to see what the car is really making at that boost.
    145+ traps!?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    145+ traps!?
    Better be! It's going to be faster than people think. I'm honestly surprised people don't see it. I mean I was doing 130 at 575.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Better be! It's going to be faster than people think. I'm honestly surprised people don't see it. I mean I was doing 130 at 575.
    Yeah, I honestly would think you'll be 150+ I mean, you did 160 in a .4 mile roll-on right? So I'd think right around 150 is in the wheelhouse.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Yeah, I honestly would think you'll be 150+ I mean, you did 160 in a .4 mile roll-on right? So I'd think right around 150 is in the wheelhouse.
    It did 173 in the half mile.

I'm not going to say what I predict it will do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

It did 173 in the half mile.

I'm not going to say what I predict it will do.
    Ok, yeah if there was a pool, I'd say on a clean run, you'll do 152.7 haha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PureEnthusiast Click here to enlarge
    Is this car a 6speed?
    Yes, 6 spd and gintani built.
    Ill be hanging out with him later this month as well as the stg2 stock motor car.hes not much of an internet guy but there are pics on the other forum

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

There isn't much left to do.
    Well thats good.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

So what's going on on the DCT front? Besides your car Sticky and the gintani option coming soon wasn't someone else supposedly close? SSP? And Dodson looking for a test car or something as well?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

SSP was never close they're basically a sham or scam whatever words you want to use and the owner just wants to milk whomever he can to sling parts to whomever he can. Guy is a piece of trash and never made any effort to make anything right. My 'free' DCT upgrade cost me another $5k out of pocket to fix his mistakes. I'm not going to cry about the money but it's more the time wasted than anything else.

Dodson I haven't heard from for months. They have serious skills though and aren't a joke.

Regarding the upgrade I mean realistically we're looking at March. There is software work from Gintani and then a lot of parts coming from Getrag themselves so this is the real deal. Gintani's upgrade is really the only true option because it uses hardware from the people who supply BMW. I tried to pry info from them and post it but they told me to keep quiet and not to post anything because then others would find out what it is they are doing. There are several parts involved here and well I don't even know everything that is going on.

This is all going to work out just fine and work well. If I never played with SSP in the first place this would already be done but I was naive and the thought of saving a few bucks seemed appealing. I also thought SSP knew what they were doing but the more I talked to Kris @ SSP the more I realized he was a salesman than someone who knew the platform. The guy just didn't even understand the power figures I was talking about anyway and thought my car had a six-cylinder. Pay early or pay later, one way or another you are going to pay to get things done right.

I'm not upset or anything like that I'm glad I played a role in helping real DCT upgrades come out. The main bump in the road has just been other people this car is just a toy for me. You live, you learn, and ultimately this for the benefit of everyone. As long as one or two people appreciate it and utilize it then it's been worth it. Soon people won't have anything else to say.

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast