Close

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 1447
  1. #401
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Im only looking at the facts so far. You cant point me to a working high hp m3 with a built dct.

    The dct m3 has been out for a while, I'm honestly surprised a legit built option hasn't surfaced yet.
    Well I gave my trans to be built trying to get an option for people. Instead I get insulted, put down, and am told to "sell it" because it takes too long. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's the world record sorry it isn't proceeding at a pace you like. Not your car, not your money, not your time.

    Afford and build? Excuse me? Maybe I should sell my rims and get a C5.

    If you have a problem with the schedule call me tuner and tell them to go faster. You have no idea what you're talking about or what's involved. Name some other DCT's at this power level. Oh wait, there aren't any others...
    Pace I like is not even the issue, pace that makes sense is the issue. If time wasn't the issue you wouldn't have been on that video squealing like a lil girl "thats my car". Its taken way to long. You're not building a Ridler spec car its an M3. Powerwise sure it pulled a number but what good is the number if doesnt run, its a garage queen and has been so for quite some time. Thats not hating, thats not sarcasm, its simple a fact. The car doesnt run under its own power.

    You've had trans issue which I totally sympathize on, that sucked without question. However had this not taken the extraordinary amount of time i.e years, this could have been hashed out sooner. Its a joke to spend this amount of time and have no results. Money clearly doesnt buy you a finished car were that the case then.... You took the afford statement as a shot which it wasn't, I'm saying find another platform that you can afford. So whether its an R8 V10 or a S4 or 1M go get something and make some power. You could have built each of those and sold them for the next one in the last 3yrs rather than have this never ending project laying around.

    But if you must, then go ahead and sell some wheels its a good down payment to get into a built C5 Vette. At least then you'd be going fast Ricky Bobby style!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    If time wasn't the issue you wouldn't have been on that video squealing like a lil girl "thats my car".
    I was informing a crowd gathered around it that the vehicle on display was mine and joking around. I shouldn't be happy about my car? Um I'm a car enthusiast.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Its taken way to long. You're not building a Ridler spec car its an M3. Powerwise sure it pulled a number but what good is the number if doesnt run, its a garage queen and has been so for quite some time. Thats not hating, thats not sarcasm, its simple a fact. The car doesnt run under its own power.
    It's not your time, what do you care? It's going to take how long it takes and you can keep track of the minutes and days if you want it doesn't change anything. Not even sure why you're bringing it up other than to be hating. Yep, that's a fact.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You've had trans issue which I totally sympathize on, that sucked without question. However had this not taken the extraordinary amount of time i.e years, this could have been hashed out sooner. Its a joke to spend this amount of time and have no results. Money clearly doesnt buy you a finished car were that the case then.... You took the afford statement as a shot which it wasn't, I'm saying find another platform that you can afford. So whether its an R8 V10 or a S4 or 1M go get something and make some power. You could have built each of those and sold them for the next one in the last 3yrs rather than have this never ending project laying around.
    I already told you it's SSP's fault and I'll never use them for anything or recommend them to anyone. They wasted my time so I'm not sure why you're blaming me as if I sat around twiddling my thumbs.

    I'll move on to another platform when I'm ready to move on to another platform. It's my time, my car, and my money once again and I'll do whatever I please.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    But if you must, then go ahead and sell some wheels its a good down payment to get into a built C5 Vette. At least then you'd be going fast Ricky Bobby style!
    A C5 isn't my style.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    11 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A C5 isn't my style.
    Neither is a running M3




    By the time this is "complete", you're car isn't going to be anything special because the Gintani TT setup will be finished and pushing out a lot more power. So much for all the R&D and money you spent to have the "most powerful E9x M3" and not even get the chance to drive it before it got kicked off the throne.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,009
    Rep Points
    5,697.7
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    By the time this is "complete", you're car isn't going to be anything special because the Gintani TT setup will be finished and pushing out a lot more power. So much for all the R&D and money you spent to have the "most powerful E9x M3" and not even get the chance to drive it before it got kicked off the throne.
    I didn't have the balls to say it, but this guy did.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Neither is a running M3

    By the time this is "complete", you're car isn't going to be anything special because the Gintani TT setup will be finished and pushing out a lot more power. So much for all the R&D and money you spent to have the "most powerful E9x M3" and not even get the chance to drive it before it got kicked off the throne.
    Good one!

    Umm my motor and trans will already be built to handle the turbos so not sure what you are babbling about. Awesome there will be a turbo option I'm glad they're working on it. They're is always something or someone else coming.

    Thanks for your negativity though. One thing my car and turbo m3's have in common though is they're both a hell of a lot more powerful than anything you have.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    One thing my car and turbo m3's have in common though is they're both a hell of a lot more powerful than anything you have.
    Just like your car, you can't fix an a$$hole. It's nice to see that when you can't come to terms with things, you resort to degrading other people and focusing on material goods that you can't even finance on your own.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Also, in the large scheme of things you're sub-800 WHP car isn't that powerful. There's always someone faster, and there's a LOT of people who are faster and have spent a hell of a lot less money then you on their builds (and ironically, their cars are more reliable then yours)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Just like your car, you can't fix an a$$hole. It's nice to see that when you can't come to terms with things, you resort to degrading other people and focusing on material goods that you can't even finance on your own.
    I'm sorry, you're the one bringing negativity and insults to this thread. You're the one insulting myself and my build. You're the one being an $#@!.

    And last I checked I financed everything on my own but there you go again desperately reaching for baseless insults. If that's difficult for you to comprehend or deal with that's your problem but once again it does not change the fact it's a powerful car and only going to get stronger regardless of what you think.

    P.S. Alex and I had a good laugh on the phone today regarding your rumors about my graph being tuning related rather than hardware. I've got a video coming up just for you because I love proving haters wrong.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Also, in the large scheme of things you're sub-800 WHP car isn't that powerful. There's always someone faster, and there's a LOT of people who are faster and have spent a hell of a lot less money then you on their builds (and ironically, their cars are more reliable then yours)
    In the BMW scheme of things it is powerful and that is the context in which it would be judged as last I checked you're on BimmerBoost.

    Yep, there are faster cars that cost less. You're point is what exactly? You are just further proving my point in my previous post.

    How is my car not reliable? It isn't even finished yet and maybe you should focus on how the transmission build will benefit everyone who wants built motor M3 applications. You can focus on that and positives or you can bring up things that don't apply at all like other cars and their $ for hp as if it is the least bit relevant or new information. Your call.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Points
    3,963.8
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dude you guys are harsh. Sticky may not be liked by all, but he brought us a forum so we can talk about intelligent $#@!, he polices it very intelligently compared to the others I feel, and the guy has been waiting for his car to be done for 3 years, it finally runs and make a $#@! load of power with barely any time being tuned and you guys all want to bash the $#@! out of it. How can he control how long it takes a shop to complete something. Being a shop owner and a customer to other shops I see both sides, and when I am waiting on something and its taking the shop forever and people are waiting on me. Its a tough deal. But nothing I say will speed it up. Cut the dude and his car some slack, once the tranny is done and its tuned if he doesn't start racing some people after the Shiv wants to race me thread and all the race forum talk etc, then yes you will have something to say. But its too early to be going this hard.

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Dude you guys are harsh. Sticky may not be liked by all, but he brought us a forum so we can talk about intelligent $#@!, he polices it very intelligently compared to the others I feel, and the guy has been waiting for his car to be done for 3 years, it finally runs and make a $#@! load of power with barely any time being tuned and you guys all want to bash the $#@! out of it. How can he control how long it takes a shop to complete something. Being a shop owner and a customer to other shops I see both sides, and when I am waiting on something and its taking the shop forever and people are waiting on me. Its a tough deal. But nothing I say will speed it up. Cut the dude and his car some slack, once the tranny is done and its tuned if he doesn't start racing some people after the Shiv wants to race me thread and all the race forum talk etc, then yes you will have something to say. But its too early to be going this hard.
    It's a big step but some people want to hate on me and the car and that's fine. It wouldn't be fun without those people. Whose face am I going to rub it in after the next dyno pull and after some timeslips? That's going to be fun.

    People don't understand how long some things take. The S65 platform evolves because people push it. We can all also benefit from the new DCT work which is quite interesting. The new M5/M6 benefited me somewhat but people should understand if BMW beefed up the tranny there was a reason. Also that it can be done.

    773 wheel horsepower is a $#@! load of power. The M3 makes 350 wheel stock. This is the most horsepower hit with an E9X and someone wants to rain on that parade? lol ok...

    It's a fun project, it's my time/money, and I'm building it to benefit the forum. There's something wrong with this?

    The vast majority are positive and supportive appreciating what goes into this. I'm used to this stuff from all kinds of people talking about me because they aren't doing anything of merit themselves. It breeds envy, jealousy, and contempt among some young men on forums with egos. Other people are mature enough to be happy for others as we're here to talk about cars.

    It's all good, we'll do runs and have fun. The car from what I hear is scaring some people Click here to enlarge

    P.S.

    As a shop owner, do you prefer a customer who understands the challenges of a big project unlike anything else that is complex and requires time to sort out or do you want someone demanding the impossible be done in an impossible amount of time and then chewing you out for not doing the impossible? People need to relax, it's my car and I'll do whatever I want with it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I was informing a crowd gathered around it that the vehicle on display was mine and joking around. I shouldn't be happy about my car? Um I'm a car enthusiast.



    It's not your time, what do you care? It's going to take how long it takes and you can keep track of the minutes and days if you want it doesn't change anything. Not even sure why you're bringing it up other than to be hating. Yep, that's a fact.



    I already told you it's SSP's fault and I'll never use them for anything or recommend them to anyone. They wasted my time so I'm not sure why you're blaming me as if I sat around twiddling my thumbs.

    I'll move on to another platform when I'm ready to move on to another platform. It's my time, my car, and my money once again and I'll do whatever I please.



    A C5 isn't my style.
    1. You were surprised the car was running and needed to validate that with the squealing. Excited as an enthusiast? Sure most would be, squealing like a lil girl? Not so much

    2. Why do I care? I wouldn't say care, I would say it sets a horrible example for the hobby and for the site. You went with a bigger blower than normal and 3yrs later it aint running. Thats just sub par and now the TT setup makes it look basic. To your point with @benzy89 You could throw TT's on the car but that would be more money and frankly after 3yrs of doing a blower upgrade a fail.

    3. Clearly stated that sucked on the trans parts... However you own a good chunk of that as well with the large gap in time from purchase to install/use and with poor communication. Takes nothing away from their failure at SSP, but tact matters and that didnt go well at all. So absolutely they failed but after such a large gap in time you needed to approach it differently.

    4. As Benzy stated so elegantly... Neither is a running M3

    You seem to miss the point of the hobby and your own build. The point is to enjoy the cars, when possible innovate and create new options and be humble. You dont seem to be doing any of that and you come off as being clearly frustrated by your own lack of progress & enjoyment. If and when this car is on the road with no issues, you will need to set records and smash every thing you run to come close to justifying the build. You're likely going to smash anything in the BMW world, I will give you that. But once you leave that world and meet the comparably built Mustangs, Camaro's, Corvette's, 911's, TT S4's, R8's, Gallardo's, GTR's and others. Its gonna be a rude awakening bro. This would have been an awesome project had it happened 3yrs ago and made some headlines. Now its an afterthought
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,730
    Rep Points
    2,484.1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I like boobies.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I like boobies.
    Click here to enlarge
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,730
    Rep Points
    2,484.1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Who can't get behind that post! I like to come into high tension threads and postbomb my boobie comments. Its always good for a few free reps.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

  17. #417
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,641
    Rep Points
    2,166.9
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow, some how I missed this thread and just discovered it today.

    Sick power Sticky! Can't wait to see it with a fully functional DCT.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  18. #418
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    1. You were surprised the car was running and needed to validate that with the squealing. Excited as an enthusiast? Sure most would be, squealing like a lil girl? Not so much
    Squeeling um ok more like saying hey that's my car. This is your big point of contention? LOL don't throw your back out reaching.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    2. Why do I care? I wouldn't say care, I would say it sets a horrible example for the hobby and for the site. You went with a bigger blower than normal and 3yrs later it aint running. Thats just sub par and now the TT setup makes it look basic. To your point with @benzy89 You could throw TT's on the car but that would be more money and frankly after 3yrs of doing a blower upgrade a fail.
    You act like there are others that are running. Where are they? Ever heard of a guy named Pencilgeek? Where is his car? But oh, it's a horrible example for the hobby and the site that someone pushes the platform and breaks records in the process? Oh silly me.

    And it isn't just a blower upgrade you're talking about. You clearly don't even understand the project but here we go around and around again. Why don't you just pick up a phone and call them to find out since you have no clue what you're saying? Three years for a blower upgrade? Oh so that's all that needs to be done fit in a YSI and call it a day.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    3. Clearly stated that sucked on the trans parts... However you own a good chunk of that as well with the large gap in time from purchase to install/use and with poor communication. Takes nothing away from their failure at SSP, but tact matters and that didnt go well at all. So absolutely they failed but after such a large gap in time you needed to approach it differently.
    Let me get this straight, you're saying SSP failing to deliver is my fault somehow? Because what, I didn't fly to South Dakota? Guy says he needs the trans, shipped to him that same week. Says he needs the car now to finish months later, ok, he gets the entire car. I did everything required of me and then some. Was I supposed to do his work for him too?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    You seem to miss the point of the hobby and your own build. The point is to enjoy the cars, when possible innovate and create new options and be humble. You dont seem to be doing any of that and you come off as being clearly frustrated by your own lack of progress & enjoyment. If and when this car is on the road with no issues, you will need to set records and smash every thing you run to come close to justifying the build. You're likely going to smash anything in the BMW world, I will give you that. But once you leave that world and meet the comparably built Mustangs, Camaro's, Corvette's, 911's, TT S4's, R8's, Gallardo's, GTR's and others. Its gonna be a rude awakening bro. This would have been an awesome project had it happened 3yrs ago and made some headlines. Now its an afterthought
    If it's to enjoy the cars then maybe you should let me enjoy mine? Maybe you should stop reaching for negativity everywhere you can and incorrectly doing so at that? I don't care what you think about how long it has taken. Once again, it's my car, not yours. It's my money, it's my time, and I can do whatever I want with it.

    I don't care about Mustang's, Corvettes, or other cheap American crap. This is a BMW on a BMW site being built. So either appreciate what goes into it or go somewhere else. I don't need you constantly telling me the same thing over and over pointlessly as if you're going to change anything, you won't. You have contributed nothing to the thread.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Wow, some how I missed this thread and just discovered it today.

    Sick power Sticky! Can't wait to see it with a fully functional DCT.
    Much appreciated thank you. And the car is being driven so people don't even understand what is going on.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Who can't get behind that post! I like to come into high tension threads and postbomb my boobie comments. Its always good for a few free reps.
    I hit ya with one bro... LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Squeeling um ok more like saying hey that's my car. This is your big point of contention? LOL don't throw your back out reaching.



    You act like there are others that are running. Where are they? Ever heard of a guy named Pencilgeek? Where is his car? But oh, it's a horrible example for the hobby and the site that someone pushes the platform and breaks records in the process? Oh silly me.

    And it isn't just a blower upgrade you're talking about. You clearly don't even understand the project but here we go around and around again. Why don't you just pick up a phone and call them to find out since you have no clue what you're saying? Three years for a blower upgrade? Oh so that's all that needs to be done fit in a YSI and call it a day.



    Let me get this straight, you're saying SSP failing to deliver is my fault somehow? Because what, I didn't fly to South Dakota? Guy says he needs the trans, shipped to him that same week. Says he needs the car now to finish months later, ok, he gets the entire car. I did everything required of me and then some. Was I supposed to do his work for him too?



    If it's to enjoy the cars then maybe you should let me enjoy mine? Maybe you should stop reaching for negativity everywhere you can and incorrectly doing so at that? I don't care what you think about how long it has taken. Once again, it's my car, not yours. It's my money, it's my time, and I can do whatever I want with it.

    I don't care about Mustang's, Corvettes, or other cheap American crap. This is a BMW on a BMW site being built. So either appreciate what goes into it or go somewhere else I don't need you constantly telling me the same thing over and over pointlessly as if you're going to change anything, you won't. You have contributed nothing to the thread.
    1. No reaching needed you sounded like a lil girl... Its just better to embrace it at this point dude.

    2. A non running car is setting no example nor is your standard MO in how you address things. That being said explain the unique innovation beyond the blower upgrade for you car? I can always be wrong I'm OK with that. However last I checked this was all about the YSi blower and being the "only" or "first" car.

    3. Yes you own a chunk of this and a mature person would see that. You were more than entitled to be upset and to complain to them. You aired the dude out on your site and what did it ultimately get you. You get more bee's with honey. Beyond that had you bought upgrade parts or in the case a trans and come back a year plus later saying it was wrong. Most shops would have sent you on your way... You could have gotten better results behind the scenes working with them versus airing them out. You didnt care how you looked and were bent on crapping on SSP. It was in poor taste period. It doesnt in any way detract from a bad product or build issue on their end. They do not get a pass and I have never said they should. However you own how you handled it

    4. I sited more than a few cars from America to Germany to Japan in my post you singled out the so called "cheap American" cars. Meanwhile you then say you want American Boost or whatever you plan to do for the US powerhouses. Why cater to a community that you clearly have a disdain for, seems hypocritical to me but not my issue either way. In any case the BMW on the BMW site doesnt run, put down a dyno queen number and then disappeared into the darkness. The issue isnt having something constructive to say on my end, its having something constructive to show on your end. If and its a big IF, if the thing runs and stays together it will be fast for an M3. I'd love to see a built motor TT M3 vs your car, thats likely to get ugly an fast.


    As I said already its about enjoying the cars, certainly hurdles will come with any build thats a fact. But again how you handle those things and portray them is important. You represent poorly by lashing out at people who differ in opinion and/or are critical of you or your car. I'd be more impressed if the car ran and drove without issue versus sitting for YEARS.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #422
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    1. No reaching needed you sounded like a lil girl... Its just better to embrace it at this point dude.
    Haha ok man so maybe you didn't like the shirt I was wearing that day either? I better embrace your criticism lol.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    2. A non running car is setting no example nor is your standard MO in how you address things. That being said explain the unique innovation beyond the blower upgrade for you car? I can always be wrong I'm OK with that. However last I checked this was all about the YSi blower and being the "only" or "first" car.
    I never said the YSI was the 'only' one only that Gintani is the only one doing it and offering it as an option with their kits. Maybe a reading comprehension issue?

    Regarding what is unique, um, well just about everything. The motor build is more involved than any other S65 build. Perhaps you already know about the issues with the head rising beyond a certain power level? And how to fix them? Or how to design the sleeves to work with the S65's relatively soft material not designed for big boost for weight savings? How about upgrading the DCT? Perhaps you know how to do it or what areas to address? Yep, nothing unique. Just a YSI that's it lol.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Yes you own a chunk of this and a mature person would see that. You were more than entitled to be upset and to complain to them. You aired the dude out on your site and what did it ultimately get you. You get more bee's with honey. Beyond that had you bought upgrade parts or in the case a trans and come back a year plus later saying it was wrong. Most shops would have sent you on your way... You could have gotten better results behind the scenes working with them versus airing them out. You didnt care how you looked and were bent on crapping on SSP. It was in poor taste period. It doesnt in any way detract from a bad product or build issue on their end. They do not get a pass and I have never said they should. However you own how you handled it
    So once again it's my fault SSP did not deliver because I did... what? What is it I did? More bees with honey? You don't say, like free advertising for them and a dozen articles all written in support. The only 'vinegar' was me being upset that after giving them an extra YEAR beyond when SSP said it would be done they still did not deliver. Oh what a dick I am for not bothering them and giving him ample time to finish it. I should have handled it how exactly? By not being positive and supportive? By not giving them everything requested? Good point, you were there and all and clearly would have handled this more productively.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    4. I sited more than a few cars from America to Germany to Japan in my post you singled out the so called "cheap American" cars. Meanwhile you then say you want American Boost or whatever you plan to do for the US powerhouses. Why cater to a community that you clearly have a disdain for, seems hypocritical to me but not my issue either way. In any case the BMW on the BMW site doesnt run, put down a dyno queen number and then disappeared into the darkness. The issue isnt having something constructive to say on my end, its having something constructive to show on your end. If and its a big IF, if the thing runs and stays together it will be fast for an M3. I'd love to see a built motor TT M3 vs your car, thats likely to get ugly an fast.
    I don't own an American car, don't want one over the M3, and am not interested in switching platforms. I'm building an M3 thanks so much for mentioning other platforms that have nothing to do with it. Wow Mustangs can be fast? OMG shock and awe!

    I plan on expanding my network to cover everything what does that have to do with a BMW build exactly?

    What do you mean if it runs? How has Alex been driving it on the street then? WTF are you talking about? Once again pulling negative crap out of your rear end when you have no clue. Do you do anything else?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    As I said already its about enjoying the cars, certainly hurdles will come with any build thats a fact. But again how you handle those things and portray them is important. You represent poorly by lashing out at people who differ in opinion and/or are critical of you or your car. I'd be more impressed if the car ran and drove without issue versus sitting for YEARS.
    So me handling it by giving Gintani everything necessary to address the trans is what? Handling it poorly? I'm not having a problem with anything. I'm good. You're the one who seems to have a problem with my car as if it keeps you up at night.

    THE CAR ISN'T SITTING. Last all it did was go to Bimmerfest and set a new record. Alex has been driving it, we are waiting on clutch packs to get delivered so I can run it to redline without the clutch slipping at 18.5 psi. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. What is wrong with your reading comprehension? How do I write this so you process it?

    Wow people are stupid.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You act like there are others that are running. Where are they? Ever heard of a guy named Pencilgeek? Where is his car? But oh, it's a horrible example for the hobby and the site that someone pushes the platform and breaks records in the process?
    But the difference between PG's build (a supercharged stroker) and your's is that not only does RD Sports have multiple, established and successful S65 stroker options, VAC now sells a stroker options and BOTH can be successfully supercharged.

    Your car is still not 100%


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The motor build is more involved than any other S65 build. Perhaps you already know about the issues with the head rising beyond a certain power level? And how to fix them? Or how to design the sleeves to work with the S65's relatively soft material not designed for big boost for weight savings? How about upgrading the DCT? Perhaps you know how to do it or what areas to address? Yep, nothing unique. Just a YSI that's it lol.
    Congratulations, you've now spent 3+ years figuring out all the short comings of the S65 when going for big HP and how to fix them, BUT you still have a car that's not 100% and running at the track/airfield events/Mexico trips. At this point, VAC or any reputable engine builder (like ProLine with the UGR Lambo motors) could probably spent a winter build session (~4 months) completing R&D, building the actual motor, testing AND releasing a final product to the customer. VAC has already nailed down sleeving the motor, and if the DCT internals are the same as the F10 M5/F1x M6 (specifically the clutch pack), then it's clear that SSP never should have been included in the project + you should've explored reprogramming options first.

    Yay, it's a YSI on an S65, but just like the Gintani TT setup I expect it'll only work on a 6MT car.


    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean if it runs? How has Alex been driving it on the street then? WTF are you talking about? Once again pulling negative crap out of your rear end when you have no clue. Do you do anything else?

    THE CAR ISN'T SITTING. Last all it did was go to Bimmerfest and set a new record. Alex has been driving it, we are waiting on clutch packs to get delivered so I can run it to redline without the clutch slipping at 18.5 psi. GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. What is wrong with your reading comprehension? How do I write this so you process it?
    Then if Alex has been driving it and the car is running, how about the forum gets a 4th of July present. You've known and had a clutch pack "on order" since May 15th (the OP of this thread), and even if the order was placed recently, I know my local BMW Dealer guarantees that serious parts are guaranteed to ship in 5 business days.

    WELL, since you're jump on everybody and claim the car is healthy & we're stupid, how about you post a new video up of Alex & your car, you can even cameo, and show the car going for some light pulls (don't need the full 8k+ RPMs).


    If it's actually running, we should have a video by the end of the holiday weekend, and if it's not..... Well, what's the worst that happens..... Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,876
    Rep Points
    31,813.7
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    But the difference between PG's build (a supercharged stroker) and your's is that not only does RD Sports have multiple, established and successful S65 stroker options, VAC now sells a stroker options and BOTH can be successfully supercharged.

    Your car is still not 100%
    Where are all these supercharged built motor stroker M3's? Where are these 'successfully' completed cars?

    And your point is what? My car is DCT, there's your difference. You forget Gintani already did Stage 3 builds with YSI's that were running? Guess so.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Congratulations, you've now spent 3+ years figuring out all the short comings of the S65 when going for big HP and how to fix them, BUT you still have a car that's not 100% and running at the track/airfield events/Mexico trips. At this point, VAC or any reputable engine builder (like ProLine with the UGR Lambo motors) could probably spent a winter build session (~4 months) completing R&D, building the actual motor, testing AND releasing a final product to the customer. VAC has already nailed down sleeving the motor, and if the DCT internals are the same as the F10 M5/F1x M6 (specifically the clutch pack), then it's clear that SSP never should have been included in the project + you should've explored reprogramming options first.
    So you would instead rather try to put me down? You're contributing what to the thread?

    It's my build and my car. I choose to spend my time and money how I want. This has what to do with you?

    Great, Lambo turbo builds are figured out. How does this help the S65 in any way? Who cares?

    Yes, I should have never used SSP. What you are missing is programming is one part of it and that Getrag upgraded the clutch packs in the M5/M6. Get it?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Yay, it's a YSI on an S65, but just like the Gintani TT setup I expect it'll only work on a 6MT car.
    I expect you don't know what you're talking about considering a DCT turbo car is running around. But hey, you post on a forum so you're the expert.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Then if Alex has been driving it and the car is running, how about the forum gets a 4th of July present. You've known and had a clutch pack "on order" since May 15th (the OP of this thread), and even if the order was placed recently, I know my local BMW Dealer guarantees that serious parts are guaranteed to ship in 5 business days.
    Cool dude. You go through your BMW dealer for whatever you want for whatever build you want and I'll source what parts I need from whomever I need to source them from ok? LOL you think it's just OEM they are doing? Why don't you wait and see? Is this supposed to happen on your schedule or something? Relax, not your car or time.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    WELL, since you're jump on everybody and claim the car is healthy & we're stupid, how about you post a new video up of Alex & your car, you can even cameo, and show the car going for some light pulls (don't need the full 8k+ RPMs).
    What do you think we talked about? I'm going to make you look stupid. I just hope you're man enough to apologize for all your idiotic rumors and comments baselessly being negative when you are as isolated from what is going on as can be.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    If it's actually running, we should have a video by the end of the holiday weekend, and if it's not..... Well, what's the worst that happens.....
    Oh so I guess all the people seeing it drive in to Bimmerfest and out from Bimmerfest don't count?

    Why don't you call Alex and ask for yourself? Who is stopping you? And who are you to demand anything anyway? Sit back it's not your car. It's mine.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #425
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -10.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Much appreciated thank you. And the car is being driven so people don't even understand what is going on.
    Video please....

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •