Close

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 277
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i cant wait to see the results....should interesting to see how is stacks up against a V stock, 2.9L whipple, and 4L whipple Click here to enlarge
    This isn't something that will stack up against a 2.9 or 4 liter whipple. It's a 1.7 liter blower, comparatively small.

    This is something for low 500's at the wheels. Not a big power platform. It's just going to make the car a hell of a lot faster and more enjoyable. It gives the S65 a lot more torque down low.

    Regarding stacking up against a 4.0 liter whipple V that would be my YSI setup.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It won't cure it. Glad you read what DBFIU said about meth in the thread I created though.



    You really need to stop talking as if you are an authority. You're making little strides keep going. Do more reading as you have been.

    what did he say about the meth?
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    115.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    12 out of 12 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys, that was my 2013 Santorini Blue E92 M3 at Bimmerfest. The Harrop kit was installed earlier this week, still needs to be tuned which should be happening within the next few days. I will try to keep you updated as best I can.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This isn't something that will stack up against a 2.9 or 4 liter whipple. It's a 1.7 liter blower, comparatively small.

    This is something for low 500's at the wheels. Not a big power platform. It's just going to make the car a hell of a lot faster and more enjoyable. It gives the S65 a lot more torque down low.

    Regarding stacking up against a 4.0 liter whipple V that would be my YSI setup.

    The F1-X V is alive btw sticky...numbers to come soon Click here to enlarge 1xxxwhp
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mfatuation Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, that was my 2013 Santorini Blue E92 M3 at Bimmerfest. The Harrop kit was installed earlier this week, still needs to be tuned which should be happening within the next few days. I will try to keep you updated as best I can.
    Hey, whats up! You're the guy from isntagram right? Click here to enlarge

    I remember your car, very nice.

    That's right, this still needs to be tuned. Still work to do but it's phenomenal where they are at. I was blown away.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    The F1-X V is alive btw sticky...numbers to come soon Click here to enlarge 1xxxwhp
    Ya I believe it! Monster blower wish I could run it. I'll likely be just short of 1xxx unfortunately with the YSI maxed Click here to enlarge

    What are you going to hit with the 4.0 liter?

    I'm thinking after my comparison with the weistec supercharged cars we should do a comparison test too if you are interested since I'll be at least reasonably close to your side of the country.

    What do you think? @ultimateendz

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Points
    1,817.5
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Can't we assume (dangerous word) that once this setup has been figured out, it'll open the doors for larger twin-screw blowers that'll have a greater power potential? AFAIK, the tuning is going to be the most difficult thing, but since built S65s have already been done (lowered compression, sleeved blocks, anti-flex plates, etc etc) that would be able to withstand the higher stress, that's the biggest thing slowing down someone putting on a Whipple?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    115.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, that's me! I actually few out to California from NJ to check in on the build and go to Bimmerfest, unfortunately I had to cut my trip short and head back Saturday morning. From the pics that they have sent me, I've been really impressed so far. Really glad you liked it!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mfatuation Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, that's me! I actually few out to California from NJ to check in on the build and go to Bimmerfest, unfortunately I had to cut my trip short and head back Saturday morning. From the pics that they have sent me, I've been really impressed so far. Really glad you liked it!
    Checking this whole setup and talking to them in person... I was blown away. It's soooooo damn cool to see something different and innovation on the platform. Also nice to see someone pull off what nobody else was willing to tackle.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Can't we assume (dangerous word) that once this setup has been figured out, it'll open the doors for larger twin-screw blowers that'll have a greater power potential?
    No. Because the problem is where do you put the larger blower at that point?

    I asked them this question and they said they can probably go one size up.

    I mean what are you going to do, move the throttle bodies further apart and cut a hole in the hood?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ya I believe it! Monster blower wish I could run it. I'll likely be just short of 1xxx unfortunately with the YSI maxed Click here to enlarge

    What are you going to hit with the 4.0 liter?

    I'm thinking after my comparison with the weistec supercharged cars we should do a comparison test too if you are interested since I'll be at least reasonably close to your side of the country.

    What do you think? @ultimateendz
    no idea what numbers im going to hit....a ZL1 hit 1000whp already with it...thing is im gonna have to finish the R&D on the 4L....the guy that had it it decided to go TT....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    no idea what numbers im going to hit....a ZL1 hit 1000whp already with it...thing is im gonna have to finish the R&D on the 4L....the guy that had it it decided to go TT....
    That's fine but what do you think of an automotive comparison?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's fine but what do you think of an automotive comparison?
    fine with me
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    fine with me
    Good, glad to hear it. Will be for a new youtube channel.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Somerset County, NJ
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    216.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky,
    When can we expect the dyno of your setup? I'm eager to see just how much quicker compared to the VT3 setups it will be. I would love to see something that blows them away by a big margin. I know you mentioned possibly short of 1xxx. Wheel or crank?
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

    E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)


  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,
    When can we expect the dyno of your setup? I'm eager to see just how much quicker compared to the VT3 setups it will be. I would love to see something that blows them away by a big margin. I know you mentioned possibly short of 1xxx. Wheel or crank?
    Right here: http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...raph-and-video

    The VT3 is a children's toy in comparison. It's not even close.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    19145
    Posts
    597
    Rep Points
    2,152.3
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    IF all goes as expected, this is going to be really really fun ;-) Though, the stock bearings ain't ready for this abuse....

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It won't cure it. Glad you read what DBFIU said about meth in the thread I created though.



    You really need to stop talking as if you are an authority. You're making little strides keep going. Do more reading as you have been.
    lol, what? you have done nothing. you paid to have a car built, a car you havent even driven yet, how are you an authority on anything?

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,339
    Rep Points
    32,758.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, what? you have done nothing. you paid to have a car built, a car you havent even driven yet, how are you an authority on anything?
    I suppose you designed your SC yourself lol.

    Give your attitude a rest already. If you want to be taken seriously provide more than just a blind opinion. Actually write some technical articles, do some research, contribute some technical content showing us all your amazing awesome knowledge. Go right ahead. Might be more productive than your, "I know you are but what am I" crap.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I suppose you designed your SC yourself lol.

    Give your attitude a rest already. If you want to be taken seriously provide more than just a blind opinion. Actually write some technical articles, do some research, contribute some technical content showing us all your amazing awesome knowledge. Go right ahead. Might be more productive than your, "I know you are but what am I" crap.
    ya know, your the text book exmple of hypocrisy right..

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,344
    Rep Points
    1,445.7
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    and cut a hole in the hood?
    ... yes Click here to enlarge
    boop

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    115.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The housing for the blower...

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    where in jersey are you? id love to go for a ride once its done. I was extremely considering doing a one-off job like this for a PD blower on the M. I hope its awesome man. How much longer for tuning?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    115.1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    where in jersey are you? id love to go for a ride once its done. I was extremely considering doing a one-off job like this for a PD blower on the M. I hope its awesome man. How much longer for tuning?
    I'm in Toms River, you? I'm sure we can meet up once I get it back from California. As for timeline, I unfortunately have no idea. I'll of course keep you guys as updated as I can.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mfatuation Click here to enlarge
    I'm in Toms River, you? I'm sure we can meet up once I get it back from California. As for timeline, I unfortunately have no idea. I'll of course keep you guys as updated as I can.
    south jersey, but im up in your area all the time (Ft Dix) definitely interested in seeing this

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •