Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Z06 seems slow for what it is... F10 pulls which is impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wonder997 Click here to enlarge
    Z06 seems slow for what it is... F10 pulls which is impressive.
    The Z06 is a damn fast car though... and all motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No Way M5 is stock!
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    No Way M5 is stock!
    Definitely makes you wonder. I'm having trouble explaining it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well on any given Sunday is that phrase in sports... My view is the M is clearly a fast ride, I suspect this guy started in the wrong gear with the Z06. He could have dropped a gear and had the room to run before shifting, thats the biggest factor IMO. Beyond that the M is driven well and if its stock thats damn impressive, hell if its a tune only its still impressive.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I am skeptical. However a Z06 (usually) is only going to trap 125+ with negative DA and something like 1.65 60ft. On average i'd say it's more around 11.1-11.4@122-124 with precision driving at your average track.

We've never once seen an F10 M5 run in those optimal conditions, and there's a lottt of weight to get moving in the first few hundred feet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
    On average i'd say it's more around 11.1-11.4@122-124 with precision driving at your average track.
    Definitely agree but the M5 is likely 121 at best? So the Z06 should still have the edge but the M5 cleanly pulls away.

Other vids we have seen of the M5 have not shown this strength. The M6 vids though are damn good.

All confusing eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's only confusing if you bench race incessantly... When talking about cars with like less than 5 mph between them; this is an exercise in futility (aka a $#@!ing wash). Guys are more concerned with brochure/magazine figures than anything else now; leads to safe racing and excessive bench racing (all bad things in the name of healthy competition). I'm glad the owners of the vehicles are just out doing the damn thing instead of debating though (thumbs up to them)Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lvlemphiz Click here to enlarge
    It's only confusing if you bench race incessantly... When talking about cars with like less than 5 mph between them; this is an exercise in futility (aka a $#@!ing wash). Guys are more concerned with brochure/magazine figures than anything else now; leads to safe racing and excessive bench racing (all bad things in the name of healthy competition). I'm glad the owners of the vehicles are just out doing the damn thing instead of debating though (thumbs up to them)Click here to enlarge
    5 MPH is a lot though, that's the thing... It's not a little - it's a lot.

If figures don't come from magazines/trusted sources - then they come from races like this. Recursion begins (in other words, chicken before the egg?)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Go to the track...it never lies and provides something objective to go on. Street races aren't telling you anything other than how those specific cars fair against each other (not all cars of the same model)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

When talking about cars with like less than 5 mph between them; this is an exercise in futility (aka a $#@!ing wash)
    I don't know what you're talking about because 5 miles per hour is huge, not a wash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    5 MPH is a lot though, that's the thing... It's not a little - it's a lot.
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

continue pressing your mind over it...street races often don't play out like they do in the magazine. At the track you have no clue as to what either of those cars trap; you have figures from other cars from different areas. I've seen stock C6z go anywhere from 121-126; owners report traps that vary widely...what makes you think you have a grasp on exactly how these two cars are running from a random street racing video? Give me a break...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

At the track you have no clue as to what either of those cars trap
    How do I not exactly?

what makes you think you have a grasp on exactly how these two cars are running from a random street racing video? Give me a break...
    Their weight, power, and entire body of achieved results? What, are we just randomly guessing here?

So I have no idea how a 458 Italia and a Camry will fare in a race? Give ME a break...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Continue bench racing...I'm speaking french to you. These aren't camrys and italia 458's...they are two 11 second cars that trap anywhere from 120-125 (stock C6z's have trapped as low as 120-121)....aka comparable cars

If everything played out just based on magazine results and brochure figures what's the point of the track? That's right; most bench racers never make it to the track. Dyno chart racing is cool; but real world results don't always follow suit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

they are two 11 second cars that trap anywhere from 120-125 (stock C6z's have trapped as low as 120-121)....aka comparable cars
    I have never seen a 125 stock from an F10 M5.

I mean, it's bench racing to actually look at the power to weight of the cars? The Z06 isn't just a little bit lighter here.

The Z06 rountinely out traps it.

If everything played out just based on magazine results and brochure figures what's the point of the track?
    To test modifications and going beyond the stock car? Plus to confirm what the magazines hit and test yourself? I mean the capability of the car and the physics don't randomly change constantly.

That's right; most bench racers never make it to the track.
    I'm not sure if anyone needs to make it to the track to figure out if a 458 will beat a camry. But I happen to make it to the track and I think there are valid questions raised by this video.

The F10 M5 loses to a C63 AMG but now beats a Z06 which is the faster car? And you are making sense how exactly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't see your logic...I've seen c6z's trap under 125 lol (as low as 120-121).. This is the part you are glossing over. You are taking the best results of the C6z and comparing it...what about everything in between? From the best trapping stock C6 to the least? You are assuming BEST CASE SCENARIOS and guess what? That's not always the case

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

I don't see your logic...I've seen c6z's trap under 125 lol (as low as 120-121)..
    What makes you think in those conditions that are obviously affecting the trap speed the F10 M5 would not share the same handicap? Why would it's 120 stick?

You are taking the best results of the C6z and comparing it...
    No I am not or that would be 10's at 128 or so right? I'm saying the Z06 is realistically a 124 trap car. The M5 is about 119 or so. This agrees with the power to weight disparity does it not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

good luck figuring this out bro...there were no conditions affecting the Z other than the car itself; as at PBIR other Z's did manage to trap higher. I figured out bench racing was a way to disappoint and confuse yourself a long time ago...peak whp figures and weight doesn't tell someone an entire story lol

BTW: There are bolt on Z's that can't trap 128 lol so just goes to show you how much bench racing really matters. I guess they should lake the car since a stock C6z trapped higher? but the numbers? but weight? guess it didn't matter...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

good luck figuring this out bro...there were no conditions affecting the Z other than the car itself; as at PBIR other Z's did manage to trap higher. I figured out bench racing was a way to disappoint and confuse yourself a long time ago...peak whp figures and weight doesn't tell someone an entire story lol
    There are results that point to the opposite. I mean I like analyzing runs as does everyone else which is why they are posted.

There are bolt on Z's that can't trap 128 lol so just goes to show you how much bench racing really matters. I guess they should lake the car since a stock C6z trapped higher? but the numbers? but weight? guess it didn't matter...
    No my point was to show you I wasn't taking the highest number and applying it here I was taking a very reasonable average for the Z06. I mean just read my article.

Do you believe the F10 M5 is faster than a C6 Z06?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I believe without a track telling you the details (those things required for analysis) that a street race doesn't definitively tell you anything about every C6z vs a M5...I believe it showed you that on the street at this particular time, between these specific cars that the M5 was faster. You are choosing not to believe it

Again; seen Z's vary in trap widely even stock...don't see why it's hard to fathom a bottom-barrel Z could have taken on a stronger running M5...why is this impossible?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

I believe it showed you that on the street at this particular time, between these specific cars that the M5 was faster. You are choosing not to believe it
    You misunderstand. I believe what happened in that video happened but am trying to understand why it happened as I believe the Z06 is the faster car.

don't see why it's hard to fathom a bottom-barrel Z couldn't have taken on a stronger running M5...why is this impossible?
    Didn't say it's impossible. Maybe the passenger was really fat. Maybe the M5 had race fuel and timing got bumped. I mean I can think of ways to change the outcome of what SHOULD happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I hear what you're saying; all I can tell you is based on my experience at the track and on the street...there are outcomes that don't always add up. Sure sometimes people lie but I have definitely seen results where all parties were honest (cars background are known) and the results don't match the paper work. But IMO that's apart of racing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

I hear what you're saying; all I can tell you is based on my experience at the track and on the street...there are outcomes that don't always add up. Sure sometimes people lie but I have definitely seen results where all parties were honest (cars background are known) and the results don't match the paper work. But IMO that's apart of racing
    Of course and that is why I'm trying to figure out why this particular outcome does not add up. I think we all agree the Z06 is the faster stock car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would say it should have the upper hand in a race yes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast