Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Ya no dyno graph that I can see but they claim 14 hp.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep, So just trying to figure out which way to go. Wish they would make a full system that had no mufflers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bizness4you Click here to enlarge
    Yep, So just trying to figure out which way to go. Wish they would make a full system that had no mufflers.
    I have just the thing for you. Watch this forum section Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Did you feel a diffrence in power? Turner is claiming 14hp increase. Bang for buck that is around what some claim for a full exhuast system. So would this setup with a set of down pipes be the ticket? I'm just trying to figure out what is the best route to go.
    i did feel a little on the but dyno but i was more happy with the sound coming out of the exhaust honestly. It also helped shave a little weight off the rear is another reason i like it. For the F10 M5 my goal is weight reduction for mods that i put on the car as well as good power.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Man.. I must be the real party pooper her, but I still dont like it. Too me it's only taking something bad and making it louder, not better.

I guess the saying is true, you cant make chicken salat out of chicken $#@!.

The engine just isn't meant to sound right, still sounds like two big capacity 4cyl engines in tandom too me. The Audi/MB/and most of the American stuff sounds miles better, and in stock form.
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3GTtt Click here to enlarge
    Man.. I must be the real party pooper her, but I still dont like it. Too me it's only taking something bad and making it louder, not better.

The engine just isn't meant to sound right, still sounds like two big capacity 4cyl engines in tandom too me. The Audi/MB/and most of the American stuff sounds miles better, and in stock form.
    i dont agree with you man but listen to this car with catless downpipes with a different company muffler delete.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sure sounds better, almost good even, but its a car without an exhaust basically?
    1995 BMW M3GT nr:111/350 TwinTurbo and some other mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    i dont agree with you man but listen to this car with catless downpipes with a different company muffler delete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVbK...layer_embedded
    sounds sick!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

<3 that would be my setup. Its funny it makes exactly the same sound as my straight pipe N55 but just on a bigger scale.

Sure sounds better, almost good even, but its a car without an exhaust basically?
    This car is turbo so think of the turbo as a muffler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    <3 that would be my setup. Its funny it makes exactly the same sound as my straight pipe N55 but just on a bigger scale.

This car is turbo so think of the turbo as a muffler.
    i am waiting for you guys to come out with the Dp's, other exhaust parts and tuneClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I definitely agree with you regarding the exhaust note of the M5... not BMW's best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have straight piped all my diesel trucks. So I am also leaning towards the same on the M5. The real question does no back pressure matter? I have heard mixed input on this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I have straight piped all my diesel trucks. So I am also leaning towards the same on the M5. The real question does no back pressure matter? I have heard mixed input on this.
    What do you need backpressure for in this turbo motor? A straight pipe setup is as efficient as possible. Wait until you see AFE's, it's sick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm with you on that. The turbo is the back pressure of the exhaust. So in theory you want it to breath, as best it can.

But either way I am going make this M5 screamClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Found out what I am going to run now. Called the guys at RPI and they are going to be releasing a there exhaust system with out the mufflers. Sounds like the perfect setup. They are also in the process of making Dp's. So that will be kind of nice running all the same. Can't wait for this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Found out what I am going to run now. Called the guys at RPI and they are going to be releasing a there exhaust system with out the mufflers. Sounds like the perfect setup. They are also in the process of making Dp's. So that will be kind of nice running all the same. Can't wait for this.
    I'm about to post an article on AFE's system and it's ready, with downpipes...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

RPI loves making LOUD ASS exhausts ---- The GTM on the E9x M3 rivals the Gintani Race systems for noise
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge

RPI loves making LOUD ASS exhausts ---- The GTM on the E9x M3 rivals the Gintani Race systems for noise
    I liked my RPI exhaist but it droned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I think video isnt a clear representation. you need to hear this thing in person, and definitly under load; i love it.. i have to drive the car again now that i can take it to redline Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12