Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jeffman Click here to enlarge
    Hey there! Found this post as I'm also interested in keeping things cooler...how did this turn out for you? Also, I'm curious how you ordered the PPK radiator separately from the full PPK package. Thanks in advance for your response!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by neilvosko Click here to enlarge
    Hey bud, as you know i am also in miami/broward...first thing i did years ago is address the cooling issue as i took the car to road courses.....i have the ER dual setup (i am sure the sport will work for street) and have done the thermostat delete (cheap version by taking the plunger out with spring and putting the plunger in first then spring behind to keep the plunger in place....essentiall what the BMS plug does)....i daily drive 30-40 min each way to/from work...in the summer....220 max in traffic.....in winter months i hover in the 200-210 max....if you remove the cowl thats another -10 degress.

i actually have some extra ER stainless steel oil lines and the adaptor for the oil cooler, so you would just need a core.......actually i stopped taking my car to the track so may disconnect the second core and willing to sell for decent price......maybe simon can hookup the install..pm me for info.
    let me know if this helps.
    Hey guys. I actually purchased the bms thermostat and flushed my coolant with a water wetter mix, and that seemed to drop my temps to a spot I am happy with (for now.) Runs cooler than before but I know I will need more cooling down the road. Thanks for the offer. I'll have to think about that one as my LPFP may need replacing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a place in miami that sells turbos and the walbro for 150 cash......let me know if you are interested, i can send you the info.....install is a bit of a PITA..........at least for first time

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys. I actually purchased the bms thermostat and flushed my coolant with a water wetter mix, and that seemed to drop my temps to a spot I am happy with (for now.) Runs cooler than before but I know I will need more cooling down the road. Thanks for the offer. I'll have to think about that one as my LPFP may need replacing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its called Turbo Mike....they have an ebay store.

i've ran up to 50/50 E85 mix with no issues. 72 PSI solid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was thinking of getting the BMS thermostat "delete" too, but I'm up in Philly where it gets kind if chilly. (hey! I'm a poet!) So, I would need to flip around the thermostat every six months or so. I'm thinking an additional electric fan someplace in the engine bay could be really useful.
    2008 E90 335xi AT 58K MILES - FAILING XFER CASE MOUNT
    MHD CUSTOM E50, N20 TMAP, FUEL-IT TBI & STG 2 LPFP, cPE CHARGE PIPE, HELIX IC, FORGE DV, BMS DCI, BMS T-STAT DELETE, BMS OCC, RB PCV, KW-V1 COILOVERS, APEX ARC-8, 235/265 MICHELIN PSS, ALPINA B3 TCU, SCOOPSClick here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12