Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

My not so awesome weekend....

Well, some of you that are on my facebook and instagram have already heard but.. here's what happened.

Friday evening I spent 4 hours washing, clay baring, waxing and detailing my car for a show I was to be attending Saturday, where my car was supposed to be in the show.

Saturday at 2am, my mother comes in my room yelling my name telling me to wake up. She sat on my bed and hugged me, holding me she said "I'm so sorry for what I'm about to tell you...." at that point my heart dropped. I thought either someone died, or someone had hit my car. My mother then went on to tell me that a drunk driver had hit my car and totaled it, and that he got out and ran away on foot.

I. Lost. It.

I barely made it up my stairs to see the damage, the police needed my registration and insurance out of my car, so i thought I would be fine to get it out of my car. I opened the front door and the guys truck was in my front lawn. I dropped to my knees and screamed where is my car!?.. my mom picked me up and carried me outside, and that's when I saw my car... mangled... in my neighbors front yard.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

I couldn't bare the sight of my car...

In bare feet I ran over broken glass to see how bad it was...

The witness who call the police was still there was someone I graduated high school with and apologized because he knows how much i love this car and how hard I have worked on her.

The officer told me after I finally calmed down that the driver was currently at the police station trying to file a police report saying his truck was stolen but after a witness positively identifying him, he was arrested on scene. ( DWI, Fleeing the scene of an accident, hit and run, reckless driving and filing a false police report)

I barely slept..

In the morning I drove to where my car had been towed... and my heart broke even further...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

I knew at that moment she was gone....

This is the 1994 GMC 1500 that totaled my car........ my street is a 25mph zone.... there is no WAY he was doing 25mph to do this type of damage to his car and mine.. and launch Gen 80ft into my neighbors yard...

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

I just found out the guy DOES have insurance... and I finally found out his name....... I searched it on facebook and he came up........ he had posted at 10pm Friday night that he was at Otts(a local bar) Drinking and that people needed to come out with him... in the comments someone wrote "your gonna end up in an ambulance tonight" his reply.. "NA, im a reformed ex con"................

R.I.P My Princess Gennyfer
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry for the loss of your beautiful car...this might not mean much but take some comfort in the fact that you hadn't just parked it and were sitting inside when this dip $#@! plowed into it. You're OK and that's what matters most. Again, sorry your car was destroyed at the hands of some inconsiderate drunk driving POS.

Keep your chin up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I recently lost a car in an accident. I'm sorry this happened to you. No one deserves this. Most people think cars can just be replaced, but it won't be the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    some comfort in the fact that you hadn't just parked it and were sitting inside when this dip $#@! plowed into it.
    EXACTLY

Again, sorry your car was destroyed at the hands of some inconsiderate drunk driving POS.

Keep your chin up.
    It's a car. We all love cars here and put a ridiculous amount of time, money, and effort into them but ultimately it's just an object. You'll miss her no doubt but you will get another car and move on.

Let's all be happy this guy didn't kill anyone and I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to think about what he did while sitting in jail for however long he will be there.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's a car. We all love cars here and put a ridiculous amount of time, money, and effort into them but ultimately it's just an object.
    True...but don't you ever feel like you can't have anything nice in this world, or anything you take pride in (like a special vehicle) because some $#@! will key it, open their door on it, or in this case totally destroy it while driving drunk? It aint right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im beyond depressed...

I can't eat.. Everytime I sleep I have nightmares about it.. all day yesterday I couldn't get my moms words while waking me up out of my head.... literally breaking down
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True...but don't you ever feel like you can't have anything nice in this world, or anything you take pride in (like a special vehicle) because some $#@! will key it, open their door on it, or in this case totally destroy it while driving drunk? It aint right.
    Agreed. But... when weighed against what matters in life it ultimately is something that can be replaced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    im beyond depressed...

I can't eat.. Everytime I sleep I have nightmares about it.. all day yesterday I couldn't get my moms words while waking me up out of my head.... literally breaking down
    I know you love your car. I know how passionate you are about cars. Honestly, incredible passionate to a degree I don't think many here even are.

It's a car Angie. You'll get another one. You'll get over it. It's kind of like getting over a relationship almost. It's going to suck for a while but ultimately you'll be claybaring and riding something else soon enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    im beyond depressed...

How come? You'll get another. Sure, it wont be the same one, but why not take the chance to upgrade?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't post here a ton but I am truly sorry for the loss of your car. I think all of us would feel the same if it happened to us like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    How come? You'll get another. Sure, it wont be the same one, but why not take the chance to upgrade?
    She puts a lot of time and effort into her car so it's like losing something very special and personal to her... it hurts. But yes, your attitude is correct might as well look at it as a chance to upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DAMN! That sucks, at least your ok though. that what matters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this was the first car i was proud to own.. i have literally put my heart, soul, sweat, blood and love into making this car who she was... and I had a show to attend that day... he ripped her from me ... all because of a stupid choice....

I honestly wanna kill this guy
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry about the car
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What matters is that you're safe & nobody you care about was seriously injured. As much as we all love cars (like children), they are material objects & can be replaced (unlike a life). It's good that they caught the guy and it sounds like the court system is gonna drop the hammer on him ("recovered" ex-con, Drunk Driving, Fleeing the Scene, Hit & Run and False Police Report). I know your insurance will return some of the money, but have you looked into any possible property lawsuit for Property Damage Compensation? New Jersey takes motor vehicle related crimes very seriously because of the super high amount of vehicles in the state -- Criminal Negligence, Criminal Destruction of Property and/or Reckless Endangerment.

I know this is far from the important, but is there anything that can be salved from the car if you decide to get another Gen Coupe?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When something like this happens you pretty much always come out on top in terms of money (personal experience) And as bad as it sounds totaling is actually better than just smashing the car and getting it fixed. With the amount of money you'll get you'll be able to buy the exact same car you had before, or possibly if you saved up a bit of your own cash something even better.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Sorry! At least you are ok!

I felt the same way after losing my 1st maxima. But it put alot of things into perspective at that time in my life. Like I just watched thousands in mods burn to the ground. Made me think about how I spent so much of my money at that time in life aka it all went into my ride.

I decided I would rather live live in an apartment and have alot less mod money vs. living at home and driving a cool car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The first loss always feels terrible. Reminds me of my first car, a basic Golf III with a mere 90 hp. Yet I had put alot of time and quite some money into modding it. Until on a crossroad a lady dashed through a Stop sign into me. Luckily only the car was destroyed, but the loss made me question the reason of tuning the car. Alot of money, for that time, was lost.

The next few cars I owned would remain pretty much stock ,if it wasn't for an occasional spoiler or set of wheels. It wasn't until ten years later when I let the mod madness get the better of me again, with the E92 Click here to enlarge

Good luck to you!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    She puts a lot of time and effort into her car so it's like losing something very special and personal to her... it hurts. But yes, your attitude is correct might as well look at it as a chance to upgrade.
    Yeah, I can see how that would be hard. I'm sure it will all work out for her Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    well for all of you that said it will work out for me... i did!!!!

This past Saturday I brought home my new baby!!!!

Hyundai
    Genesis Coupe
    R~spec
    6~speed

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

And of course I have already had a photoshoot with her ^__^

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! Nice looking set of wheels you got there; happy modding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! Nice looking set of wheels you got there; happy modding.

Thanks!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good to hear you came back stronger! Nice ride.
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well for all of you that said it will work out for me... i did!!!!

This past Saturday I brought home my new baby!!!!

Hyundai
    Genesis Coupe
    R~spec
    6~speed

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...9645_n_z-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...743_n_zp-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...716_n_zp-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...2_n_zpsd-1.jpg
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...50_n_zps-1.jpg

And of course I have already had a photoshoot with her ^__^

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...96_n_zps-1.jpg

Congrats Angie!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very nice upgrade. When you said ""already had a photoshoot with her," I expected pictures of both of you. =(
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast