Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Loud clunk and wiggle?

So lately while driving around I hear a light random clank when coming out of gears or going into gears (not the typical bmw clunk when shifts, more of like the sound of something being lose and tapping something else?) . But when I shift from 3rd-4th at WOT the clank is violent, and loud and the car feels like it's spinning tire with a little wiggle. I have no clue what it is. At first I thought it was my new lsd n lock down kit but now I'm starting to think maybe it's transmission related. I any ideas? The cray part is car still pulls like he'll and the violent clank n shake only really happens going into 4th at wot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 3-Serious Click here to enlarge
    So lately while driving around I hear a light random clank when coming out of gears or going into gears (not the typical bmw clunk when shifts, more of like the sound of something being lose and tapping something else?) . But when I shift from 3rd-4th at WOT the clank is violent, and loud and the car feels like it's spinning tire with a little wiggle. I have no clue what it is. At first I thought it was my new lsd n lock down kit but now I'm starting to think maybe it's transmission related. I any ideas? The cray part is car still pulls like he'll and the violent clank n shake only really happens going into 4th at wot.
    Double check to make sure everything is tightened down appropriately?

I have no idea what this could be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im going to try and set up an appointment at a local shop to have it all checked out and go from there. Keep ya posted.