Yes Reputation No
    July 20
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no issue with you man, just like i said, clarifying things. id love to have a drink, but non-alcoholic of course
    Sounds good, dude.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    July 20
    $#@!..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have my VTT HPFP upgrade pump/rail sitting here beside me now. Unfortunately it won't go in until next week, as my mechanic doesn't have time before then.

My current HPFP (second one) is apparently on it's way out now, and I'm having som odd O2 and/or DME software issues with trim control, so the upgraded HPFP and rail will go in, and I will test it. Will have all injectors and O2 sensors etc. looked at as well.

I had also hoped to be able to run with 100% E85 with this VTT HPFP Upgrade, but it seems that is not going to happen Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so what is the upgrade actually do then, where does it help?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so what is the upgrade actually do then, where does it help?
    one things certain, helps make your sig look better

past 5500 where you would loose pressure and youd see it nose dive in logs causing a fuel cut condition, or a code... people seem to be holding it

Def seems to be very useful for bigger turbo kits though, where the initial onset of tq comes later and doesnt stress the fuel system as much as oem hybrids do with e85...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    one things certain, helps make your sig look better

past 5500 where you would loose pressure and youd see it nose dive in logs causing a fuel cut condition, or a code... people seem to be holding it

Def seems to be very useful for bigger turbo kits though, where the initial onset of tq comes later and doesnt stress the fuel system as much as oem hybrids do with e85...

So you still can't run 100% E85 on stock frame turbos with no issues with a LPFP upgrade and VTT HPFP upgrade, is that correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    So you still can't run 100% E85 on stock frame turbos with no issues with a LPFP upgrade and VTT HPFP upgrade, is that correct?
    I'm running 100% E85 with just the Walbro pump.... Healthy OEM HPFP (oxymoron right there)?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There has been no evidence aka logs of a car 100% happy with the upgrade thus far that has serviced...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    We have lots of customers running 100% E85 some even with the factory low pressure pump. The question is how much torque are you pushing and at what AFR. If you lean the crap out of it then you have some room to play with it. But it's a compromise situation.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    e40 + 100% meth through a cm12-14 for me with 2.2 gal trunk tank for me... will be fine with upgraded stockers... if needed I have the in-line pump to boost the lp side...

unless you are 100% anti meth, money is better spend on a meth kit than the hpfp upgrade imo ... but im sure if you need a hpfp its not a bad idea

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    We have lots of customers running 100% E85 some even with the factory low pressure pump. The question is how much torque are you pushing and at what AFR. If you lean the crap out of it then you have some room to play with it. But it's a compromise situation.
    So...the stock LPFP and HPFP can do 100% E85 on stock frame turbos but it compromises their life significantly. Is that what you/everyone finds? Depending on their health you may or may not be able to run 100% E85?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is case by case, with walbro LPFP upgrade my HPFP $#@! the bed after 6 dyno pulls (give or take) on 100% e85. Benzy is having no issues...Maybe he is running much leaner than myself which is keeping everything in check. Running super lean is an issue for me as I am adding nitrous into the mix this week and lean conditions+nitrous=sourcing a new block. I am going to bite the bullet and add meth into the equation also (at least when spraying nitrous) to avoid limp modes while spraying.
    I am very disappointed that the HPFP and fuel rail upgrade was touted as the way to run e85 on this platform without fueling issues but in fact it performs just as poorly in the midrange rpms as the stock pump. The only reason I bought it was because tony and I exchanged emails where he clearly stated running 100% e85 would not be an issue with this upgrade....$1300(new parts plus upgrade charge-give or take) later, HPFP related limp modes still plaguing my world. This is all on stock turbos sub 500 whp levels. I am still seeking a refund for at least the upgrade fee since it is not performing as promised but no word yet.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    It is case by case, with walbro LPFP upgrade my HPFP $#@! the bed after 6 dyno pulls (give or take) on 100% e85. Benzy is having no issues...Maybe he is running much leaner than myself which is keeping everything in check. Running super lean is an issue for me as I am adding nitrous into the mix this week and lean conditions+nitrous=sourcing a new block. I am going to bite the bullet and add meth into the equation also (at least when spraying nitrous) to avoid limp modes while spraying.
    I am very disappointed that the HPFP and fuel rail upgrade was touted as the way to run e85 on this platform without fueling issues but in fact it performs just as poorly in the midrange rpms as the stock pump. The only reason I bought it was because tony and I exchanged emails where he clearly stated running 100% e85 would not be an issue with this upgrade....$1300(new parts plus upgrade charge-give or take) later, HPFP related limp modes still plaguing my world. This is all on stock turbos sub 500 whp levels. I am still seeking a refund for at least the upgrade fee since it is not performing as promised but no word yet.
    Wow that must be very frustrating. I wonder how many he has sold...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not saying is upgrade doesnt work across the board for everyone, but for me the parts that I received did not fix midrange HPFP limp modes (codes to back it up).
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am still seeking a refund for at least the upgrade fee since it is not performing as promised but no word yet.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ......installed an n55 catless mid pipe and an e85 sensor to closely monitor the quality of fuel I will be running on map 6.
    If you can, I would like to hear a sound clip of you exhaust after the install of the N55 midpipes.

Also E95 O2 sensor ? Where did you get this from ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am not saying is upgrade doesnt work across the board for everyone, but for me the parts that I received did not fix midrange HPFP limp modes (codes to back it up).
    What boost and timing were you running, and how low did your HPFP pressure drop?
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    update, tony has contacted me and we are getting something worked out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds good. Keep us updated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But what is the reason it isn't working for you?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where you bought this e85 s3nsor?!
    A link and diy for integration would be great ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kollegga Click here to enlarge
    Where you bought this e85 s3nsor?!
    A link and diy for integration would be great ;-)
    http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.shtml
    this will not fit with the standard hardware that comes with the kit, it will have to be modified. PM @undercover or @undercoverangie and they can modify the kit and send it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    But what is the reason it isn't working for you?
    Not yet determined. Could be the higher demands lower in the RPM range...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast