Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    I want to get up to around 500-520hp/550 tq should be enough power to run down most things I encounter on the street and its enough power to (with practice) run 10s. I did logs on the way home from the dyno when the ambient temps and humidity dropped nicely and Virtual dyno indicated that we were back in the range we had hoped to reach on the dyno (475/520). I did about 4-5 third gear pulls and the delivery was smooth and it pulled hard. I did a comparison of the logs from the dyno and the dynomite at undercover was lower on every pull when compared to the virtual dyno dynojet corrected numbers. We are going to make a few minor adjustments (disgusting air intakes replaced/100% e85 this time instead of an e60ish blend 35% 93 octane, 65% e85) and also run on a more suitable day to set a record (lower ambient/humidity). After we do this I will be having the nitrous installed and tuned for on map 6. Once the stock turbos let go I will re evaluate the turbo choices out there and get new snails then. I am pretty happy with the performance of the car now but I am doing a nitrous tune for a kill mode for those rare occasions I find something worthy of running.
    How are the logs different from the last time when you had a bit more power and a bit less tq? AFRs? Trims? LPFP / HPFP voltages / pressures?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sourcing a dynojet for this week, once I get the numbers I will post up everything I have from this week. Virtual dyno is showing some good numbers from my street logs.

edit: what is the easiest way to post logs? Is there file hosting built in to the forums?
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sourcing a dynojet for this week, once I get the numbers I will post up everything I have from this week. Virtual dyno is showing some good numbers from my street logs.

edit: what is the easiest way to post logs? Is there file hosting built in to the forums?
    save as .jpg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can ZIP the log, then attach it to your post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 ZIP Folder, that way you can post a few at once.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow so the (almost) 470hp (and increasing?) numbers coming on stock turbos? no two ways about it i find that pretty impressive, looking forward to seeing future results Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not cheap but that's awesome.

Can't do all wheel drive cars?

It's unfortunately just a FWD or RWD dyno. There is a lot you can do with it in regards to the load cell. Much like a mustang dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Ok, here is the graph from this past weekend.
    baseline at the bottom was FBO, jb map 0 w/Cobb BMS Flash loaded for e85. (Did not uninstall cobb due to the amount of time it takes to re flash to stock DME).
    Logs incoming. EVERY dynojet facility I have called is out of business in central NJ, if anyone knows a place PM me. Nitrous going in next week, will update with info as soon as I have it.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im.../24gktbm-1.png
    baseline at the bottom was FBO, jb map 0 w/Cobb BMS Flash loaded for e85. (Did not uninstall cobb due to the amount of time it takes to re flash to stock DME).
    Logs incoming. EVERY dynojet facility I have called is out of business in central NJ, if anyone knows a place PM me. Nitrous going in next week, will update with info as soon as I have it.
    make the trip to R/T tuning in Lansdale PA or get ahold of Radical Racing in Atco NJ

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you tapping the fuel system at low revs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Are you tapping the fuel system at low revs?
    For nitrous? Sorry I need some clarification on the question.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For nitrous? Sorry I need some clarification on the question.
    Sorry about the typing mistakes... Is your fuel system maxed at low revs currently when using e85 without meth? I.e. do you have high AFRs low down with no way to increase fueling? Or not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    make the trip to R/T tuning in Lansdale PA or get ahold of Radical Racing in Atco NJ
    RT tuning is a great place... in the boondox though.. had the worst pizza ive had in my life a few minutes from there... they tuned myg35 coupe way back in the hay day when they were the only ones with uprev...

than my buddy took his 370z there to get tuned as well... vince i think was the guy i dealt with... cool people but semi odd location lol
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    RT tuning is a great place... in the boondox though.. had the worst pizza ive had in my life a few minutes from there... they tuned myg35 coupe way back in the hay day when they were the only ones with uprev...

than my buddy took his 370z there to get tuned as well... vince i think was the guy i dealt with... cool people but semi odd location lol
    yea, good place, very JDM though, so i have no use other than the DJ. Good prices too, i pay $100 for an hour, usually do 10 or so pulls. I think @Mr.Squeeze frequents there as well. My baseline 33x HP and 370 FBO and 46x S/C'd, I believe a 625 kit did 520 ish or so on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you guys tried this place?
    305 RT. 46 ROCKAWAY BORO, NJ 07866
    973-664-0192 / 973-664-0193

http://www.brucesspeed.com/mobiledyno.aspx
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yea, good place, very JDM though, so i have no use other than the DJ. Good prices too, i pay $100 for an hour, usually do 10 or so pulls. I think @Mr.Squeeze frequents there as well. My baseline 33x HP and 370 FBO and 46x S/C'd, I believe a 625 kit did 520 ish or so on it.
    I haven't been there in a while it's the only dynojet I have been on, it is a nice place to dyno at.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have had a setback that I am trying to resolve this week before the nitrous goes on, I will have to hold off on the dynojet for the moment. If I can get this situation fixed before Wednesday of next week I will make the trip out, if not I am not going to chase the stock turbo record (verifying it).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everything is on holdClick here to enlarge, HPFP (upgraded) is still falling flat on its face (badly) in the midrange. Undercover is going to try some new tactics to solve the issues at hand. I am sad to say that consistently running 100% e85 even on stock turbos is not possible with any hardware out there currently. I know there have been a few anomalies out there (wedge, ect) who have been able to run 100%e85 with no issues but I believe most (if not all of them) are funneling a ton of meth in there to keep things happy. Stay tuned as Undercover tries to get this fuel situation in order.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With meth it's no problem. And without one option is to just run it super lean Vishnu style. Drop me a current log and we can check it out. I'm experimenting with a new fuel pump approach that seems better than in the tank options for boosting lower RPM fueling in early testing.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-21-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everything is on hold, HPFP (upgraded) is still falling flat on its face (badly) in the midrange.
    Why??

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is the fifty thousand dollar question, why at my 450-469 (depending on conditions) hp rating am I not able to keep up with fuel demand. I am trying to avoid the whole kill it with meth idea since I have had little luck keeping my meth setup functional for more than a few weeks at a time. That coupled with the fact that I decided to bite the bullet and pay for every known (at the time)fueling upgrade available to future proof my car when I inevitably decide go stage 2/3. Instead I have hit a wall on stock turbos, limp modes every time I go WOT when the tank is full of e85. Check logs and low and behold, 5-600 psi reading on JB4 logs. This triggers an immediate limp mode that makes my car totally impotent. Maybe meth is the answer, maybe this new pump solution terry is looking into is the key or maybe undercover will crack the problem with their idea...All I know is that several thousands later I still cannot run an e85 tune that the car is happy with. Moral of the story for those listening, just buy upgraded turbos and work from there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everything is on holdClick here to enlarge, HPFP (upgraded) is still falling flat on its face (badly) in the midrange. Undercover is going to try some new tactics to solve the issues at hand. I am sad to say that consistently running 100% e85 even on stock turbos is not possible with any hardware out there currently. I know there have been a few anomalies out there (wedge, ect) who have been able to run 100%e85 with no issues but I believe most (if not all of them) are funneling a ton of meth in there to keep things happy. Stay tuned as Undercover tries to get this fuel situation in order.
    Oh man, you are making too much power, and there is no easy solution for that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is the fifty thousand dollar question, why at my 450-469 (depending on conditions) hp rating am I not able to keep up with fuel demand. I am trying to avoid the whole kill it with meth idea since I have had little luck keeping my meth setup functional for more than a few weeks at a time. That coupled with the fact that I decided to bite the bullet and pay for every known (at the time)fueling upgrade available to future proof my car when I inevitably decide go stage 2/3. Instead I have hit a wall on stock turbos, limp modes every time I go WOT when the tank is full of e85. Check logs and low and behold, 5-600 psi reading on JB4 logs. This triggers an immediate limp mode that makes my car totally impotent. Maybe meth is the answer, maybe this new pump solution terry is looking into is the key or maybe undercover will crack the problem with their idea...All I know is that several thousands later I still cannot run an e85 tune that the car is happy with. Moral of the story for those listening, just buy upgraded turbos and work from there.
    I believe you need to upgrade your HPFP to have a larger piston and consequently get it to flow more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im.../24gktbm-1.png
    Logs incoming since 6 days ago? Blasphemy! lol Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

No point everything we thought was fixed by the upgraded fuel components ended up still being an issue. At WoT the hpfp loses pressure from 1100-1500 psi to 500 psi right around 5k rpms.everything else looks great.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast