Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Could be the higher demands lower in the RPM range...
    Well this would certainly coincide with what is being said as of late regarding the low rpm fuel demands.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Aside from increasing the displacement of the pump, or the rotational speed of the input shaft, I don't think a stock pump is ever going to satisfy the demands of the high midrange torque of stock turbos using e85. Not only do you need more fuel over stock to maintain a reasonable Afr to produce all that torque, but e85 is gong to require 30% more fuel right up front over e10, before the boost pressure is turned up and an additional 66% or so of torque is requested.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My car will be a junkie for the life of it. Meth head.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

@Njz -- Any updates on the 6AT trans cooler that Garth was developing on your car?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @benzy89, no the shop has been so busy trying to clear cars out and prepare for this charity event they are doing that he has not had time to brew anything up as of yet. Also the fact that my car has been the plague hasnt helped much, example today I took the car in for a minor adjustment and while it was idling in the garage the serpentine belt failed and shredded. Comedy of errors lately with this car so no real progress has been made on the fueling situation (although we are hopeful that garths idea makes a big difference), nitrous is plumbed in and gauges are installed but the stock charge pipe I was using for meth was tapped incorrectly by my old shop so I had to order an evolution racewerks chargepipe with two 1/8 npt bungs. That just arrived today, the serpentine belt has replaced today so we are slowly chipping away at what is becoming a very expensive to do list. Nitrous tuning, fuel solution testing gets finished next week (likely Monday or Wednesday) so we should have some fun stuff to post soon. The oil cooler and the tranny cooler will be next up once those other things are finally done.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    @benzy89 , no the shop has been so busy trying to clear cars out and prepare for this charity event they are doing that he has not had time to brew anything up as of yet. Also the fact that my car has been the plague hasnt helped much, example today I took the car in for a minor adjustment and while it was idling in the garage the serpentine belt failed and shredded. Comedy of errors lately with this car so no real progress has been made on the fueling situation (although we are hopeful that garths idea makes a big difference), nitrous is plumbed in and gauges are installed but the stock charge pipe I was using for meth was tapped incorrectly by my old shop so I had to order an evolution racewerks chargepipe with two 1/8 npt bungs. That just arrived today, the serpentine belt has replaced today so we are slowly chipping away at what is becoming a very expensive to do list. Nitrous tuning, fuel solution testing gets finished next week (likely Monday or Wednesday) so we should have some fun stuff to post soon. The oil cooler and the tranny cooler will be next up once those other things are finally done.
    better hurry that $#@! up, my car needs some room

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Back at Undercover today. We are abandoning 100% e85 so no more fuel related updates coming. We have decided to just run e60-70 plus meth for the sake of the nitrous we will be running. I will do a few pulls with a few different jet sizes to see where we stand and post what we come up with. I am still running the WW meth but that will be changing early next week when the upgrades from terry arrive and go in. At that point I will switch over to M1 straight meth flowing with a CM14 single nozzle setup and we will re tweak the tuning and re dyno to get final figures. This will be my last power adding project until stage 2's go on later this summer/early fall. We are hoping to make 520/550ish with a sub .030 jet of nitrous we shall see what we can get though, I absolutely refuse to go any higher than a .030 jet, I am hoping we make our goal (or get close to it) with a .026 or .028 jet but time will tell. There is a chance Garth may want to hold off on the tuning/dyno end until we get the other meth setup installed. In that case results will be delayed until Tuesday of next week. Either way exciting stuff coming up soon, once this is dialed in and safely tuned I will be hitting the first runway event that is even remotely close to me for results. I will likely not spend much time at the 1/4 until I get a set of DR's since I am already just smoking 2-3 with the e85 tune I was running. I am ordering some r888's so I may give those a shot in the 1/4 and see what we can hit.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

with the WW Kit make sure you have a good vent in the cap... You can get creative to make a safe one.... Also I would def just bypass the Winshield whipers ditching the T... if you are not getting 100% flow your pump may be weak... I know people said they dont go back often but I was fighting with 80% max flow, swapped pumps and instantly jumped to 100% with my WW kit... My buddy always had 100 percent flow than his started crapping out as well and it was the pump...

Are you having flow issues with the WW system? causing him to want to wait... IMO trunk kit is the only way to go though... 2.2 gal tank is really nice and lasts a good while..

And Good luck with the n20 experiment... should be fun with the crap ton of tq you will make

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Thanks, yeah we have had tons of issues with the WW kit, we have swapped pumps and still do not show full flow so we are just going to replace the solenoid, lines and run it through to the trunk. I ordered the 2.2g tank and I am changing out the CM10 for a CM 14 nozzle so I will be piping in tons of meth going forward. If the straight meth provides enough fueling to support 100% e85 we may reconsider trying it again but this fuel system has beat me and my bank account to death so I am hesitant to spend any more money in that direction. Once the power is figured out I will shift my focus to putting the power down so upgraded suspension, DRs for the 1/4, toyo r888s should hold up if I decide to do a road course event or two in the future. The main goal here is to make this a roll race sleeper and aside from the new grumble and noise from the n55 midpipes it is looks and sounds the part.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

got ya, youre in good hands with them so im sure it will turn out great... r888s are the best street/race tire you can buy per $ spent imo.. they hook and handle awesome

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567