Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Updated Numbers Coming

Good Evening,
    Tomorrow Garth @undercover @undercoverangie will be dyno testing my car. Some of you are aware that my car put down 469/491 (e85/no meth) last time it was on the dyno but with terrible HPFP failure in the mid range When I saw @VargasTurboTech HPFP solution available I immediately ordered it and it was finally installed today. Garth is also sorting some meth woes, installed an n55 catless mid pipe and an e85 sensor to closely monitor the quality of fuel I will be running on map 6. I will be posting up logs, dyno results and video tomorrow afternoon. @Terry@BMS I will likely be emailing you for some help with the backend flash while on the dyno. Can you email me with the latest high concentration e85 flash you have, thanks in advance. Haven't had the car for almost a month so I am PUMPED to get it back tomorrow!Click here to enlarge
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good luck man, hoping to see some killer numbers.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats, I'll def be looking forward to updates on the new numbers + how the new Vargas & Undercover products go. 475 WHP on stockers FTW!
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any chance you guys could source a local dyno jet to bypass the controversy?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will try to find one, garth has been very clear that many people leave his dyno disappointed (and def read lower than a dynojet) but I will look into finding a dynojet local to me in central NJ to take a few pulls on.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Any chance you guys could source a local dyno jet to bypass the controversy?
    just as a side note, benzy did baseline pulls and the readings were in line with what is to be expected with a stock tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my gopro's are fixed, and i have wheels to pick up, what time are you going?

not many DJ's that close around.. something i should invest in actually..

aaaand. your probably better off emailing T, responses to tags are hit or miss

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dynojet would be great but do you have a baseline at least with the undercover dyno?

So the only changes really are the HPFP, catless mid-pipe, and what will likely be a new map?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Dynojet would be great but do you have a baseline at least with the undercover dyno?

So the only changes really are the HPFP, catless mid-pipe, and what will likely be a new map?
    No but as I said before benzy got a baseline run here just a few weeks before I got on the dyno. His numbers were right around the dynojet avg IIRC @benzy89 please confirm. Last time we ran we only got a pull or two on map 6 before the HPFP went down so very few tweaks were made, garth said there was plenty of room left on advance and some headroom on the boost as well. I guess I can turn off the cobb and go map 0 on the jb and get a partial baseline, garth wont like it since we will have to re adapt but I'll see what I can do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge

We are hitting the dyno at 2pm (roughly)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Def look forward to your results!!

Why isn't Garth tuning the AP??
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    Def look forward to your results!!

Why isn't Garth tuning the AP??
    Maybe he will but terry has maps that he tweaks for e85, maybe garth will do it as well. I noticed you have Nitrous express in your sig, what setup are you running with that? I have been considering going nitrous as well (small shot maybe .28 jet)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good luck

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I have a mobile Dynojet 224XLC with load cell that I am thinking of selling.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    I have a mobile Dynojet 224XLC with load cell that I am thinking of selling.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...IMG_1444-1.jpg

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...1Charger-1.jpg
    Call me with detailss ASAP!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's the number?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Call me with detailss ASAP!
    How much would you expect to pay for something like this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not at the desk right now but you can email me if you need any help.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    Depends, but not very cheap in that configuration

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    It's a custom trailer built by Justin Starkey of VMP Tuning in Florida. We used it for about 10 shows or so and maybe has around 150 pulls on it. With the load Cell, the desk top computer, fans, control modules..etc...basically everything you could ever need. RPM pickups, O2 sensor, Optical RPM pickup for crank pickup, built in compressor and tank...and the list goes on. We are asking around $50K, but are very willing to negotiate quite a bit, but I have to start somewhere. I can't give the farm away ;-). I just don't have time for it any more. It's been a lot of fun, but my day job has be working in excess of 60 hrs per week. So the dyno has taken a back seat. We paid $75K for it in 2008.
    Last edited by JHOOPS2; 05-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Cool FYI

Not on too much sorry guys. But just an FYI regarding our dyno. We DO NOT use correction factors. What you see is what you get. Who really cares what the car would make at perfect sea level, with 0 humidity, and Great DA. I think people care more about what the car makes right now today. With multiple n54/55 stock and modified cars that have been run on our dyno we see about 5% less power than your typical dynojet.

Unfortunately the more cars I get that were once at other shops brings me to the realization that most places are full of s**t and are selling smoke and mirrors. It makes a customer feel like an ass when he comes from one Mustang dyno and makes 990 then I put it on a brand new mustang and it makes 760 same tune same setup same engine health! Its ashame. Makes all of us look bad.

There are lots of great shops out there and way more crappy ones. One things for sure is that Terry's dyno results have always been within a couple percent of ours which is another reason we use their products. Of coarse besides the incredible customer service!

Garth@undercover
    Click here to enlarge
    I probably run as much boost as you do fuel pressure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercover Click here to enlarge
    Not on too much sorry guys. But just an FYI regarding our dyno. We DO NOT use correction factors. What you see is what you get. Who really cares what the car would make at perfect sea level, with 0 humidity, and Great DA. I think people care more about what the car makes right now today. With multiple n54/55 stock and modified cars that have been run on our dyno we see about 5% less power than your typical dynojet.

Unfortunately the more cars I get that were once at other shops brings me to the realization that most places are full of s**t and are selling smoke and mirrors. It makes a customer feel like an ass when he comes from one Mustang dyno and makes 990 then I put it on a brand new mustang and it makes 760 same tune same setup same engine health! Its ashame. Makes all of us look bad.

There are lots of great shops out there and way more crappy ones. One things for sure is that Terry's dyno results have always been within a couple percent of ours which is another reason we use their products. Of coarse besides the incredible customer service!

[email]Garth@undercover
    We dealt with the same thing. Some shop would load up a Mustang dyno wrong and X car would make 400hp on it. Then come to ours and with the Load Cell active he would make about 350hp on our dyno. If a Mustang Dynamometer is set up correctly, like you said, we usually see no more than a 5-7% difference with the MD being the lower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Getting up on the dyno soon once this mr2 clears out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good luck! 500whp or it's a total bust Click here to enlarge
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    No but as I said before benzy got a baseline run here just a few weeks before I got on the dyno. His numbers were right around the dynojet avg IIRC benzy89 please confirm. Last time we ran we only got a pull or two on map 6 before the HPFP went down so very few tweaks were made, garth said there was plenty of room left on advance and some headroom on the boost as well. I guess I can turn off the cobb and go map 0 on the jb and get a partial baseline, garth wont like it since we will have to re adapt but I'll see what I can do.
    FBO Stock Baseline on the Undercover Dyno was 270 WHP / 290 WTQ (that's an E90 baseline, with the OEM catback + secondary cats).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast