Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: Article: Russians claiming a 1300+ wheel horsepower S85 V10 E63 M6 with nitrous plus ESS-Tuning supercharger kit? The miracle at the dyno

              
   
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    503
    Rep Points
    596.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    1300hp S85? Yup. Dyno vid to prove it

    An M6 being built for this years Moscow unlim 500. This car is unbelievable. Dyno run done on stock engine and trans, planning a low comp build.


  2. #2
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No

  3. #3
    fastgti69's Avatar
    fastgti69 is offline Back2Euro
    Status: Supporting Vendor
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    6,505
    Rep Points
    3,741.0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    38


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Don't understand how that is possible.
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Reputation: Yes | No

  5. #5
    fastgti69's Avatar
    fastgti69 is offline Back2Euro
    Status: Supporting Vendor
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    6,505
    Rep Points
    3,741.0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    38


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Built motor, only way
    Right, but it states stock motor/trans. And even having a built motor low compression. I don't think a blower would be sufficient enough to make that much power. Esp only on 14.7 psi even if nitrous oxide is an aid. That must be one high reading dyno.
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    dzenno@PTF's Avatar
    dzenno@PTF is offline Supporting Vendor
    Status: www.protuningfreaks.com
     

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,270
    Rep Points
    2,552.7
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh, stock motor and transmission? LOL yeeaah, no

  7. #7
    Linracing is offline Guest Vendor
    Status: N54 P3WER
     
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    675
    Rep Points
    989.1
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow amazing. If they start putting out over 800 whp I will buy one asap.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,472
    Rep Points
    44.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    1. its PS not SAE/STD/UNC HP
    2. see that spike early, trans will let go soon

    3. still badass

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    781
    Rep Points
    629.2
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL that was a joke right? It was one number then it changed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    503
    Rep Points
    596.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    I myself have a hard time believing that this car is really making this kind of HP. The car will be at Moscow unlim 500, and the owner says he will detail the build once he see's how it does there. Curious to see how this car unfolds....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    225
    Rep Points
    302.3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think it was twin charged? super and turbo charged, not a stock engine.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    503
    Rep Points
    596.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it was twin charged? super and turbo charged, not a stock engine.
    What makes you say that? I don't believe there are any successful turbo applications for the S85 at this time...

    EDIT: now that I watch it again, it almost sounds like there is a turbo spooling up in the video, but it is a low quality video so who knows Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    503
    Rep Points
    596.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL that was a joke right? It was one number then it changed.
    That was the graph from their previous run.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    781
    Rep Points
    629.2
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was the graph from their previous run.
    Ah ok.

    No way that tiny blower is making 1300hp at 14psi. It's either twin-supercharged or twincharged with a turbo somewhere (and that I doubt -- that's a very complicated setup). Maybe they're spraying the piss out of it with a staged nitrous setup or something.

  15. #15
    hifiguy@gaphix is offline Guest Vendor
    Status: Online Store is open!
     
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    215
    Rep Points
    364.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Friend of mine SC'd his m6 but he wasn't even near 900hp. Must be a turbo setup.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    503
    Rep Points
    596.8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Im guessing they are spraying the piss out of the engine. I read in the comments that they plan to dial it back to 1000-1100 for reliability.

  17. #17
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: work
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    97,752
    Rep Points
    23,098.1
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    231


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Russians claiming a 1300+ wheel horsepower S85 V10 with nitrous plus ESS-Tuning supercharger kit? The miracle at the dyno

    So let's see here, some random Russian garage is claiming 1370 wheel horsepower (seriously) with an ESS-Tuning supercharged E63 M6 and nitrous. The claim is with 98 octane fuel and a stock motor no less. I mean if you are going to lie at least make it somewhat believable. The most powerful S85 V10 in the world is V.S. Motors twin turbo S85 V10 with an output of 1850 horses on methanol with a 4.8 liter block whose bore was decreased for more material.

    Click here to enlarge

    Now you are telling me some random Russian garage with an ESS kit running a tiny V3si blower (That the 4.0 liter S65 V8 in the M3 is capable of easily maxing) with some nitrous thrown on top is making 1370 wheel horsepower on 98 octane gas with 14.5 psi of boost and nitrous? Oh that's funny.

    If this shop wants to prove this, run the dyno in shootout mode please. What you see here is dyno manipulation at its finest. It's a load of crap ladies and gentlemen. First of all, RPI on a Dyno Dynamics with a full bolt on M5 plus the ESS supercharger kit only managed 576.8 wheel horsepower. So another 800 wheel horsepower is just some more boost and nitrous away? That isn't an optimistic dyno the Russians are just running, it is full on capable of miracles.

    The V3si due to the volumetric efficiency of the S85 likely won't even hit 14.5 psi without being severely overspun. The blower is only listed as capable of supporting 775 horsepower at the crank anyway by Vortech:

    Click here to enlarge

    ESS-Tuning themselves claims on 93 octane AKI (98 RON, like what the Russians are claiming to use) 640 horsepower at the crank with 6 psi of boost. Independent dynos have shown up to 560 wheel horsepower in STD correction or 540 wheel horsepower in SAE on a dynojet. That's a hell of a long way from 1370 wheel horsepower.

    Ok, let's give the benefit of the doubt. Let's say 6 psi of boost gets the car to 560 wheel horsepower. That's about 23.3 wheel horsepower per psi of boost. Let's go all the way to 14.5 psi which would be roughly 757 wheel horsepower and beyond the capability of the blower but let's just ignore that. That still leaves over 613 wheel horsepower to be generated by the nitrous and nothing under the hood there shows the type of direct port setup with a good amount of race fuel being fed in to supplement the nitrous necessary to even approach a 1/4 of that output.

    Ladies and gentlemen, this is simply someone with a Dyno Dynamics who played with the settings and is essentially trolling everyone. One has to be completely naive to believe some random tuner took an off the shelf kit, added some nitrous, and hit close to 1400 horsepower. If anyone for some reason believes this ask them to do this again in shootout mode. It will never happen.

    Let's just put it this way, see that 729.8 number from the previous pull in the vidieo? It's still optimistic but at least closer to what the car is really putting out. We have the Miracle on Ice. The Russians now have the Miracle on the Dyno.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  18. #18
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: work
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    97,752
    Rep Points
    23,098.1
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    231


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im guessing they are spraying the piss out of the engine. I read in the comments that they plan to dial it back to 1000-1100 for reliability.
    What I'm guessing is that they are full of $#@!.

    Come on people, this is complete BS. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  19. #19
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: work
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    97,752
    Rep Points
    23,098.1
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    231


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't understand how that is possible.
    It isn't.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  20. #20
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: work
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    97,752
    Rep Points
    23,098.1
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    231


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Built motor, only way
    Even with a built motor still not happening.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  21. #21
    Sticky's Avatar
    Sticky is offline Regular User
    Status: work
     

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    97,752
    Rep Points
    23,098.1
    Mentioned
    1425 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    231


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't believe there are any successful turbo applications for the S85 at this time...
    Yes there are.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You look like a retarded teenager discovering internet.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Points
    42.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Kinda hard to believe they achieved those numbers hah hah....

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The dyno must have been drunk Click here to enlarge
    He says "hello to audi" lol

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    748
    Rep Points
    372.9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    are these guys relatives of Portman and SLS AMG? Anyway I gather the fumes got to them car was in reverse into the shop Carbon Monoxide can HAVOC your brain LOL

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    196
    Rep Points
    306.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes there are.
    In a street application with the smg? Who makes it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •