Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Car "Should" be free in the AM... Both the building manager and Chris's attorneys are explaining to the Manager that he cant keep customers cars locked up. Chris was told to make a list of all property that does not belong to him, VIN's en such. Everyone who has cars and parts in there should be getting a call in the AM.

Shall see...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF 335i Click here to enlarge
    Car "Should" be free in the AM... Both the building manager and Chris's attorneys are explaining to the Manager that he cant keep customers cars locked up. Chris was told to make a list of all property that does not belong to him, VIN's en such. Everyone who has cars and parts in there should be getting a call in the AM.

Shall see...
    Good, hope you get your car back smoothly.

Honestly, I wish we could get vendors to just do any work for you at cost to get you up and running after what you have been through and considering your service for the country.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Honestly, I wish we could get vendors to just do any work for you at cost to get you up and running after what you have been through and considering your service for the country.
    Agreed!
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Me too man... My car has front end damage that is hard to look at. most cant tell. its its bad if you look. That was supposed to get fixed as part of my incentive of "sticking around" Same for the transmission. I was supposed to get a build trans after year Two as a thank you for sticking it out. A lot more actually. Window trim, hood and trunk paint. No intake mani either. the ONLY good thing out of this, is that my car only has 27,XXX miles on it.

Also everything is brand new. Coils, Plugs, Injectors, pumps, DME... Click here to enlarge

I dont want to sound like a winy $#@!... but i supported them for 3.7 years on a 12 month build promiss.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But i have to be real too and say that, all of the mods on my car were installed for free, at least...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont want to sound like a winy $#@!... but i supported them for 3.7 years on a 12 month build promiss.
    It's getting harder and harder to find quality shops to trust. I'm at just about 3 years too on my build... but at least my tuner is still around and got it done.

Sorry to hear, you don't sound like a whiny $#@!. You were more than patient, what else could anyone ask of you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It's getting harder and harder to find quality shops to trust. I'm at just about 3 years too on my build... but at least my tuner is still around and got it done.

Sorry to hear, you don't sound like a whiny $#@!. You were more than patient, what else could anyone ask of you?
    At this point man, I dont even want big power (well i do). I just a nice fast 500-525 WHP car. I have an Auto anyway. Im just PISSED that my trans never got addressed...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At this point man, I dont even want big power (well i do). I just a nice fast 500-525 WHP car. I have an Auto anyway. Im just PISSED that my trans never got addressed...
    Ya I wish I could do things over again too. Chasing big power on new BMW's just leads to tons of down time, big costs, and pales to the enjoyment of actually having the car.

You live, you learn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I also hope nothign is wrong with my hardware... I mean, its the same disign as the FFTEC other than the end flange for the Twin Scroll.

The Twin Scroll is going to Hit so hard man. I hope i dont have to scrap it. If i do i out of luck, I dont have the cash to pay for a FFTEC one and turbo. Ill have to get a set of used twin turbos and just run FBO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Wow that sucks....

Ugh I honestly am surprised people get involved in these big builds. With every platform there is a point where you spend so much money / time you should have just started with a different car that is more capable of big power. I guess it's the excitement and extreme end of this hobby that draws people in. Some people spend more money and time with their car in the shop then they ever do driving it....that would drive me NUTS.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sticky,
    You have so much patience.

If I were I would be sick.

I started my automatic transmission Project last year and it was finished in 3 months, from scratch.
    Installing and adapting auto tranny, auto tranny ecu, harness...

You have some serious patience.
    E36 M3 Euro TT 60-130 mph 4.49 s
    E46 M3 3.6L TT 60-130 mph 4.22 s
    All Wheel drive M3 Twin Turbo
    997 TT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Shall see...
    Thats good to know. I do have some questions though, ie why are you takin a collection to get the car out/ was was the original plan?
    what parts were paid for with the $4k that you did no/will not get?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Should get ahold of Cobb @HPF 335i....im sure they would be willing to help...or scratch the single for a set of VTT stage 3s?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh man, so shocking HPF went out of business, hopefully someone will bring it back soon. I was gonna purchase a kit soon too, so sad.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 01E46m3 Click here to enlarge
    Oh man, so shocking HPF went out of business, hopefully someone will bring it back soon. I was gonna purchase a kit soon too, so sad.....
    On the bright side other kits are coming out that are cheaper. I mean it looked like the E46 M3 stuff was going to be over with one way or another.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the bright side other kits are coming out that are cheaper. I mean it looked like the E46 M3 stuff was going to be over with one way or another.
    True, i agree with you 100%, lets look at Maximum Psi, their Hp#'s are pretty high in their 500-almost700hp's on stock internals, and what it impresses me the most is that's on stock DME tunning, being able to pass smog, still do/read all stock sensors/functions ect...So lets see what happends as it gets better and better for the S54..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True, i agree with you 100%, lets look at Maximum Psi, their Hp#'s are pretty high in their 500-almost700hp's on stock internals, and what it impresses me the most is that's on stock DME tunning, being able to pass smog, still do/read all stock sensors/functions ect...So lets see what happends as it gets better and better for the S54..
    Yep, agree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Thats good to know. I do have some questions though, ie why are you takin a collection to get the car out/ was was the original plan?
    what parts were paid for with the $4k that you did no/will not get?
    The original plan was, HPF was paying foreverything. As part of my deal with them to continue to leave my car with them for 3.7 years to build a turbo kit. This was their project, not mine.

I didnt get anythign for the 4,000. Its just gone. I also lost my M-Tech front bumper that was sent there for install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I hope you get your stuff man. I wish Chris would have given a 3 day notice or something, allowing the staff to properly wrap things up as best they can.
    wait... we lowering the standards from 2 weeks to 3 days? oh wiat we are talking about chris. hell. 3 hours would have been nice!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lets give those stock internals some road time (6months-1year minimum by users who actually run the car hard). i have my reservations... maxpsi know the limits of stock s52/s50. im amazed they are running that much boost on the stock s54 TBH.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

On e46F...people seem to be contacting Kirk for anyone who has something tied up with HPF.

Not surprising at all. There's not much of a market that is willing to drop $30k on a turbo install. Although it seemed to be an excellent kit you'll never be able to sell enough to amortize the cost. Even worse they never got past the E46M3 platform. Not that ALL BMWs will soon be turbo'd from the factory that would have not helped them.

What I don't understand is that HPF had a ton of momentum and made a huge splash into the BMW FI market. They did absolutely nothing after that. Maybe some N54 development but that market is heavily saturated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigjae1976 Click here to enlarge
    What I don't understand is that HPF had a ton of momentum and made a huge splash into the BMW FI market. They did absolutely nothing after that. Maybe some N54 development but that market is heavily saturated.
    They were doing 4.5m in sales. Name more than 3 BMW shops doing more in sales (ECS doesn't count)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your company is only as good as the people working there...that being said Chris was the worst and he lost many great employees and then decided to crash and burn after critical losses tolled up...and with the poor money management by himself in addition to the new kits coming out to market and nothing new in order...sinking ship may have seen like the easy way out but Karma will bite him hard once again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    They were doing 4.5m in sales. Name more than 3 BMW shops doing more in sales (ECS doesn't count)
    Yeah, but if your expenses are 4.5m...then all of those sales are for nothing. Its all about the profit. That's my point. I'm sure they moved a lot of product. But how many HPF developed parts can they sell for a car which had a production run of 45,000? There's no way they can amortize the R&D costs even at their price points. Yeah, you can cut the time by collecting some established data but what % of that 45,000 will buy a product?

VAC enjoys a significant advantage because you have many platforms so your potential pool to amortize costs can be MUCH higher. Plus, you're established company with a much bigger knowledge pool which will reduce your R&D costs significantly.

If HPF had high turnover then there it would be difficult to build the base of knowledge which will keep their R&D costs. Again, back to the profit...higher R&D costs are sunk costs which can only be recouped by more sales and higher prices.
    Last edited by bigjae1976; 05-12-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nobody seems cocnerned with what will happen to chris. I mean he can't just have some teen work at hooters to support him right? My pride would have me fuming wanting to get back and prove everyone wrong.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast