Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Evo2xi Click here to enlarge
    From what he had said on the other forum, he was/is the primary investor to HPF since December, since they went belly up today. He's out of the money he invested...
    Never had experience with HPF except trying to get them to dyno my car but it is a sad day for the community.
    Did he feel some obligation to do this? Obviously there are less risky investments out there. He should have given me 1/10 of what he gave them and had an actual return.

I always thought Chris had tons of cash and this was more of a hobby.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    According to e46f everyone thought they would win in court and get the money back... They didn't win and the money was lost. Was it a huge risk yeah but, honestly if they had won it could have even a huge pay off for those that invested money and we'd all be thanking/praising him for his risk IMO. I'm sure they will comeback under a new name eventually. I hope for the best for all parties. They really did great work on the 3 series platform e46/e9x and also on the supra platform.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also what happens to the z4m and 335 guys that gave their cars up for r&d?
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    According to e46f everyone thought they would win in court and get the money back... They didn't win and the money was lost.
    The problem with forums is posters think the forum is where the trial is taking place and public opinion is equivalent to a verdict.

I wonder what Chris is going to do now?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    man this is pretty sad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just got an e-mail from Chris confirming the doors are closed. We all know that but just wanted to post "official" confirmation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also what happens to the z4m and 335 guys that gave their cars up for r&d?
    Both of those cars left the shop a while ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did he feel some obligation to do this? Obviously there are less risky investments out there.
    Click here to enlarge

It's not hard to predict cash flows, or conduct risk assesments and manage accordingly. Instead of building the race car, they should have been developing new product since it was apparent the E46 M3 market was wanning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

It's not hard to predict cash flows, or conduct risk assesments and manage accordingly. Instead of building the race car, they should have been developing new product since it was apparent the E46 M3 market was wanning.
    Yes building the race car looked cool to people on the forum but wasn't the best for business. The race car may have been an ego thing.

I'm not sure what could have saved this as apparently the E46 stuff was a much bigger part of the revenue than people were made to believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes building the race car looked cool to people on the forum but wasn't the best for business. The race car may have been an ego thing.

I'm not sure what could have saved this as apparently the E46 stuff was a much bigger part of the revenue than people were made to believe.
    Chris told me once the majority of the business was from online retail sales. I'd imagine they were just over leveraged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

I don't get why he would invest over $100k in HPF, I just don't get it. Maybe he was hoping the court case would go differently but still, very risky.

Plus I doubt Chris put up his own assets or borrowed against his home, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wasn't clear in my post. The people that invested didn't go off forum opinion they had insider info. they just posted on e46f that they thought they would win and that's why they invested. Does that make sense lol? It's late and I'm tired.
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Chris told me once the majority of the business was from online retail sales. I'd imagine they were just over leveraged.
    Online retail is a volume game.. limited margins constant competition from other shops, amazon, etc.. I'd bet online sales brought in a few million a year, but cost of goods and staffing, and shipping, and credit card fee's, etc.. likely narrowed those margins down pretty thin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wasn't clear in my post. The people that invested didn't go off forum opinion they had insider info. they just posted on e46f that they thought they would win and that's why they invested. Does that make sense lol? It's late and I'm tired.
    That makes more sense, sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We're they reverted back to stock or left as is? If reverted back was the money refunded? And what about all the other cars they had that were in pieces are they going to be finished?
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @ sticky was that serious or sarcasm lol
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if I will get he parts I paid for a few days ago or should I just contact my credit card company. Waiting for an answer back from HPF, if there is someone left to answer.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is all confusing. We need HPF in here. What's confusing me, is, they are shutting down because someone stole a whole lot of money from them. I understand that portion. I also understand that there was a meeting in court for something as well. I'm assuming here, but, "if" they know who did it, where is the money? Did he decide to go out on a rampage and buy a house? A new Bentley? Where the hell is the stolen money? Next, so if they never caught the guy, but know the money is gone, I am pretty sure all of the cars sitting at the shop will be sitting wherever the mechanics and tuners will move on to next. I am sure they can be used elsewhere in the BMW community. Maximum PSI will probably be bumping sales up, and they have N54 knowledge so BMS is an opportunity, or they could just start from the bottom with all of the information and data they have collected from years and years of research and begin development after HPF has allocated all of its assets and cleaned out the shop.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I wonder if I will get he parts I paid for a few days ago or should I just contact my credit card company. Waiting for an answer back from HPF, if there is someone left to answer.
    Credit card company... ASAP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    This is all confusing. We need HPF in here. What's confusing me, is, they are shutting down because someone stole a whole lot of money from them. I understand that portion. I also understand that there was a meeting in court for something as well. I'm assuming here, but, "if" they know who did it, where is the money? Did he decide to go out on a rampage and buy a house? A new Bentley? Where the hell is the stolen money? Next, so if they never caught the guy, but know the money is gone, I am pretty sure all of the cars sitting at the shop will be sitting wherever the mechanics and tuners will move on to next. I am sure they can be used elsewhere in the BMW community. Maximum PSI will probably be bumping sales up, and they have N54 knowledge so BMS is an opportunity, or they could just start from the bottom with all of the information and data they have collected from years and years of research and begin development after HPF has allocated all of its assets and cleaned out the shop.
    Commanderwigen and I were both victims of the scam pulled by David @ HPF. Its a complicated scam involving discounting retail items post sale then adding items onto the invoice, then taking those items and selling them to someone else at a discount for cash, on the side.

HPF loses revenue from it, but in most cases doesn't lose actual cash.. until the scheme colapases and there's no more invoices to discount, money to shuffle. Which right after Kenton and I discovered it, David had been in over his head in the shuffling of funds and quit HPF.. I spoke with a detective regarding the situation. I also wrote a 2 page email with spreadsheet depicting exactly how David was doing the scam.. trust me.. I know that scam real well. I worked fraud protection when I was much younger (internally at a large electronics retailer) and audited credit card reconciliation reports, etc. So I knew what he was doing right away. That certainly didn't help.. but thats not what put them under.

David was an awesome salesman, a scam artist but also a very likeable salesman. I believe he had many oversea's race teams as accounts. Buying brakes, clutches, and etc in bulk. When David left (knowing him) he probably took those accounts to another friend that owns a shop, or something like that.. and asked for a kick back based on sales. This is totally speculation..

That likely hurt HPF more than the fraud itself.

Its also interesting how HPF worked as an ecosystem. If you brought your E46 M3 in there for a kit you likely also spent another few thousand dollars on install, and non-hpf parts (brakes, mounts, sway bars, bushings, tires, what have you)... when the volume of E46 m3's coming in the door slowed down, so did parts sales likely.. it was a huge ecosystem all based on one car, the e46 m3.. and that car started wanning as other competitors entered. Then rather than downsize Chris likely tried to keep everyone on staff and push through the lul in business.. when it never bounced back he couldn't recoup from the debt and money shuffling internally (aka taking money from customers that would go to pay vendors and instead paying payroll, etc).. and it turned into a house of cards and collapsed.

It happens pretty frequently with small businesses unfortunately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    According to Kirk my parts are already at Hpf so cant Chris hire people or come in himself and call ups to pick up my parts and send them over? I have emailed him and if he doesn't reply by tonight I'll take it up with the credit card company/bank. $#@! this is pure bull.

Chris you need to change up the mess before you go enjoy your life. My pays are sitting at your ship. Do the right thing and call ups and send them over. You have been paid for them in full
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    According to Kirk my parts are already at Hpf so cant Chris hire people or come in himself and call ups to pick up my parts and send them over? I have emailed him and if he doesn't reply by tonight I'll take it up with the credit card company/bank. $#@! this is pure bull.
    You're worried about HPF but still haven't contacted me (2 weeks) about the headers you were selling. Irony.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    You're worried about HPF but still haven't contacted me (2 weeks) about the headers you were selling. Irony.
    Sorry bro. Been busy with customers. My apoligies. I'll have that to you today or latest tomorrow. Thanks.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Chris you need to change up the mess before you go enjoy your life. My pays are sitting at your ship. Do the right thing and call ups and send them over. You have been paid for them in full
    I hope you get your stuff man. I wish Chris would have given a 3 day notice or something, allowing the staff to properly wrap things up as best they can.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast