Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    From a business perspective, am I the only one here that sees some very serious financial management issues? I will withhold judgement as we do not know the whole story but I see a serious obvious problem here.
    No, I see it as well.

The kits were hot cakes 3-4years ago, probably peaking about 2-3 years ago.. sharp decline over the last year or two as more options came about and less new potential customers were picking up used HPF kits for steals.

The problem was , and I hate to say it.. but they were a one trick pony.. a good one, beautiful kit.. well engineered.. but none the less.. a one trick pony. They tried on the 335... but if you ask me that car is a nightmare.. I honestly have no idea how anyone but Cobb is making any money on that car..

Then there's the pretty big reputation hit that occurred about a year ago.. we won't go into that..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So that's that? What happens to the building, inventory, cars there, etc.?
    An individual borrowed them quite a bit of money near the end to try a last ditch effort to turn things around. It failed.. in return for his lost funds he now owns the rights to the turbo kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Guess now we know why they were selling their iconic HPF M3...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Then there's the pretty big reputation hit that occurred about a year ago.. we won't go into that..
    Why not?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why not?
    You can only beat a dead horse so much that's why. It's been gone over for nearly a year on every forum known to man including this one. Leave it be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    You can only beat a dead horse so much that's why. It's been gone over for nearly a year on every forum known to man including this one. Leave it be.
    Well having all the details is always nice especially for those new to the topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well having all the details is always nice especially for those new to the topic.
    Cole's notes:
    - Marcus (LSB HPF Stage 3) Motor blew
    - Chris never warrantied
    - Big $#@! storm
    - Marcus went ProEFI
    - Annihilated Records, the end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    Cole's notes:
    - Marcus (LSB HPF Stage 3) Motor blew
    - Chris never warrantied
    - Big $#@! storm
    - Marcus went ProEFI
    - Annihilated Records, the end.
    Yes we all remember that but then this whole embezzling fiasco and then... man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If there is a fire sale on cars. LET ME KNOW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have been working with Chris B. trying to find a solution, but none was found. This is a direct result of more than $200,000 being stolen by a former employee, he was very sneaky in wire andcredit card fraud . HPF's insurance only covered $25,000.00, when the HPF lost it's lawsuit today against the insurance agent and company it spelled the end. Dave received 38 months in jail, but the entire community lost out on this. Remember what it takes to bring in $200,000 net income, thats over $580,000 gross sales on top of your normal sales. Add in a 28% rent increase plus higher insurance rates due to the theft and higher processing fee's due to the theft it add's up. Not to mention $200,000 in charge backs to deal with and penalties and attorneys fees, there was no way to save it and I did not feel it was smart to throw anymore money on a sinking ship. A sad day for the entire community. And there is no surprise for me, paperwork is done. The kit now belongs to me as their highest creditor. I'm working with AEM to revive the kit when the infinity comes out, until then we all just wait. Or I just may sell the rights to the kit with all the tuning files, jigs parts ect. $#@!tty day for sure. I'm selling the drag car, but will be keeping the orange wide body car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 Click here to enlarge
    I have been working with Chris B. trying to find a solution, but none was found. This is a direct result of more than $200,000 being stolen by a former employee, he was very sneaky in wire andcredit card fraud . HPF's insurance only covered $25,000.00, when the HPF lost it's lawsuit today against the insurance agent and company it spelled the end. Dave received 38 months in jail, but the entire community lost out on this. Remember what it takes to bring in $200,000 net income, thats over $580,000 gross sales on top of your normal sales. Add in a 28% rent increase plus higher insurance rates due to the theft and higher processing fee's due to the theft it add's up. Not to mention $200,000 in charge backs to deal with and penalties and attorneys fees, there was no way to save it and I did not feel it was smart to throw anymore money on a sinking ship. A sad day for the entire community. And there is no surprise for me, paperwork is done. The kit now belongs to me as their highest creditor. I'm working with AEM to revive the kit when the infinity comes out, until then we all just wait. Or I just may sell the rights to the kit with all the tuning files, jigs parts ect. $#@!tty day for sure. I'm selling the drag car, but will be keeping the orange wide body car.

Is this Chris or you? You get to keep the Orange car?

Trying to make sense of all this.

So Chris just wanted to ditch the car and trailer for some quick cash knowing all this was going down essentially?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

1 + 1 = 3

You aren't going to get an honest/clear answer from either Derek or Chris B.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this Chris or you? You get to keep the Orange car?

So Chris just wanted to ditch the car and trailer for some quick cash knowing all this was going down essentially?

No this is Derek, I took possession of the car today. It was collateral and so was the HPF turbo kit rights. To be honest I never thought they would close. I am out so much money it is sickening, hope to make some of it back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dan avoN7 Click here to enlarge
    You aren't going to get an honest/clear answer from either Derek or Chris B.
    More pathetic bullish!t from you, such a pathetic hater aren't ya. Dan AvonN7 has been warned over and over on e46fanatics for lies and bullish!t attacks just like this!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No this is Derek, I took possession of the car today. It was collateral and so was the HPF turbo kit rights. To be honest I never thought they would close. I am out so much money it is sickening, hope to make some of it back.
    Why are you out so much money? Were you financing them or something?

So didn't you see this car go up for sale and think he was trying to get cash for it that then you would not see?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You and I have never got along, but I do hope you're able to recoup your loses via the sale of the drag car, track car and hopefully the rights to the kit, or sales of the kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    More pathetic bullish!t from you, such a pathetic hater aren't ya. Dan AvonN7 has been warned over and over on e46fanatics for lies and bullish!t attacks just like this!
    If you say so Derek... Everyone knows you are clearly delusional and a pathological liar. No one believes anything you say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you say so Derek... Everyone knows you are clearly delusional and a pathological liar. No one believes anything you say.
    Dan, come on. He's already down.. It sounds like he's out $100k+.. its fun poking each other on the forums and joking around.. but that's a lot of money and I don't wish that upon anyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why is he out so much money?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dan, come on. He's already down.. It sounds like he's out $100k+.. its fun poking each other on the forums and joking around.. but that's a lot of money and I don't wish that upon anyone.
    I don't wish that on anybody either. However, Derek has proven time and time again to not be trusted. For all we know he's making the majority of this stuff up as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe he made a large investment into HPF back in December to help keep it afloat, turn it around. That didn't pan out..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't wish that on anybody either. However, Derek has proven time and time again to not be trusted. For all we know he's making the majority of this stuff up as well.
    Valid point but if it is true, its pretty sad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what he had said on the other forum, he was/is the primary investor to HPF since December, since they went belly up today. He's out of the money he invested...
    Never had experience with HPF except trying to get them to dyno my car but it is a sad day for the community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe he made a large investment into HPF back in December to help keep it afloat, turn it around. That didn't pan out..
    Don't know what he was thinking.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast