Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 70
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Dude what is up with these forums the last 2 weeks or so, everyone just attacking everyone. Maybe its because its finally starting to mature who knows. But come on guys, were all pretty much trying to do the same things as vendors, lets all show each other respect.


    oh, the irony.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    how about pulling that N20 sensor so you dont hit pressure north of what 99% of those would see? its funny seeing close to peak hp at 4000 RPM. diesel motors are jealous. Click here to enlarge

    edit - typo
    N20 sensor gives you nothing over the OEM TMAP at the moment. Cobb still sees peak 22psi even with that TMAP even with appropriate rescaling. It'll remain that way until boosa is released. The boost numbers I'm giving you are off my p3 gauge with its built in analog 3bar map sensor. If I showed you my datalog you'd see boost flatline at 22psi in the lower RPM and then come back in as RPMs climb.
    Click here to enlarge

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,931
    Rep Points
    4,044.9
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    oh, the irony.
    If you are comparing a vendor who has been here for a week selling snake oil, to vendors who have been with the platform since the beginning pretty much paving the way and us coming in and bringing new things to the table, then yes that would be a heavy case of irony.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    970
    Rep Points
    1,406.3
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Dude what is up with these forums the last 2 weeks or so, everyone just attacking everyone. Maybe its because its finally starting to mature who knows. But come on guys, were all pretty much trying to do the same things as vendors, lets all show each other respect.
    vwboost.com is pretty quiet and has no vendor drama, maybe you can go over there and make some magic happen Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    N20 sensor gives you nothing over the OEM TMAP at the moment. Cobb still sees peak 22psi even with that TMAP even with appropriate rescaling. It'll remain that way until boosa is released. The boost numbers I'm giving you are off my p3 gauge with its built in analog 3bar map sensor. If I showed you my datalog you'd see boost flatline at 22psi in the lower RPM and then come back in as RPMs climb.

    you'd be outside the stock TMAPs range at "up to 28 psi", which will result in that dreaded 2ABC limp. unless you have a way of disabling that in ATP. haven't logged or looked at ATR in a long time.

    that was why I mentioned pulling the N20.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    you'd be outside the stock TMAPs range at "up to 28 psi", which will result in that dreaded 2ABC limp. unless you have a way of disabling that in ATP. haven't logged or looked at ATR in a long time.
    2ABC is not related to boost per se. Its related to going past the Max TMAP Voltage set in the software. Some ROMs, like your IJE0S, have it set lower than say I8A0S by default and are more prone to 2ABC Click here to enlarge If anyone outside this forum read this post I think they'd think we're talking jibberish lol
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    2ABC is not related to boost per se. Its related to going past the Max TMAP Voltage set in the software. Some ROMs, like your IJE0S, have it set lower than say I8A0S by default and are more prone to 2ABC Click here to enlarge

    the difference was 4.65v on IJE0S to 4.8v on I8A0S. considering you were running "up to 28 psi" you'd have limped regardless of ROM if you had the stock TMAP.

    besides the TMAP limit is an editable table in ATR so it makes zero difference.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    the difference was 4.65v on IJE0S to 4.8v on I8A0S. considering you were running "up to 28 psi" you'd have limped regardless of ROM if you had the stock TMAP.
    Wrong on both accounts lol IJE0S has it set to 4.4x V in most OTS maps. Also, if you raise it high enough, say 5V, you'll never get that code no matter what TMAP you got plugged in. There's a free tip for ya
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Wrong on both accounts lol IJE0S has it set to 4.4x V in most OTS maps. Also, if you raise it high enough, say 5V, you'll never get that code no matter what TMAP you got plugged in. There's a free tip for ya

    no its 4.65. ill pull my OTS maps and open them in ATR for you when I get home.

    guess you couldn't figure that one out on my car, learning as you go along, Mr. Pro tuner?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    no its 4.65. ill pull my OTS maps and open them in ATR for you when I get home.

    guess you couldn't figure that one out on my car, learning as you go along, Mr. Pro tuner?
    LOL that table wasn't available back then Mr. Cranky Pants
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    LOL that table wasn't available back then Mr. Cranky Pants
    yes it was. Click here to enlarge we got it added after the fact and it still triggered 2ABC raising the limit. I can pull the emails if you'd like.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    yes it was. Click here to enlarge we got it added after the fact and it still triggered 2ABC raising the limit. I can pull the emails if you'd like.
    There's no way to hit that code if you set it to 5V lol no way...you're thinking of another code, DME torque limit which I think is something like 2ABD or something, when actual load starts to exceed requested
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA BITCHES
    Posts
    247
    Rep Points
    805.2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Dude what is up with these forums the last 2 weeks or so, everyone just attacking everyone. Maybe its because its finally starting to mature who knows. But come on guys, were all pretty much trying to do the same things as vendors, lets all show each other respect.
    lol this is what happens now that turbo kits and fueling are figured out Click here to enlarge. the BMW scene needs drama in its forums it just wouldn't be BMW with out all the backhanded attacks and $#@! talking. Its what keeps pushing the platform it seems.
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

    2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    What's really unfortunate is that all the tuner's are so far apart, otherwise a lot of this bickering could be settled on the track.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,216
    Rep Points
    9,354.1
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Really? How so? So now more data is bad? What would you like to know from my logs that is SO crucial to you as a tuner? Why does duty cycle from my logs matter to "you"? You're going on a witch hunt here for some reason...why?
    If this is supposed to be a discussion about the Vargas S1 turbo results then yes, the data needs to be posted along with the chart. If the data looks odd then post the reasons it looks odd along with the data. This is not complicated stuff. It's like pulling teeth to get a half way decent post out of you lately.

    I was looking forward to analyzing the data on these turbos but I guess at the end of the day various changes to your car like the head make analysis impossible anyway. On the "DCT record" and dyno correction factors it just struck me as very odd but there was no good reason for me to bring it up in the first place.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-07-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -69.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    oh my god so annoying. DATA and STFU.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If this is supposed to be a discussion about the Vargas S1 turbo results then yes, the data needs to be posted along with the chart. If the data looks odd then post the reasons it looks odd along with the data. This is not complicated stuff. It's like pulling teeth to get a half way decent post out of you lately.

    I was looking forward to analyzing the data on these turbos but I guess at the end of the day various changes to your car like the head make analysis impossible anyway. On the "DCT record" and dyno correction factors it just struck me as very odd but there was no good reason for me to bring it up in the first place.
    Honestly I just don't want to satisfy your curiosity and its just personal. I remember asking you to share some datalogs, gauge reading, whatever it is, on your mythical raised transmission line pressure through the dme flash and show some logs and you wouldn't but yet you claimed you had a way. This is nothing but me playing YOUR game. Get a set on your own car and get some logs for the community.

    On top of that, these logs are worthless in describing these Stage 1s. Non-stock N54 motor, bad actuator adjustment, timing twice as high as what you run on a stock N54 with meth. I gave you all the details. What else might it be you're interested in honestly?
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    FLORIDA BITCHES
    Posts
    247
    Rep Points
    805.2
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Honestly I just don't want to satisfy your curiosity and its just personal. I remember asking you to share some datalogs, gauge reading, whatever it is, on your mythical raised transmission line pressure through the dme flash and show some logs and you wouldn't but yet you claimed you had a way. This is nothing but me playing YOUR game. Get a set on your own car and get some logs for the community.

    On top of that, these logs are worthless in describing these Stage 1s. Non-stock N54 motor, bad actuator adjustment, timing twice as high as what you run on a stock N54 with meth. I gave you all the details. What else might it be you're interested in honestly?
    Maybe he wants to compare it with yours once he gets his VAC stage 3 cylinder head?
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

    2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    Maybe he wants to compare it with yours once he gets his VAC stage 3 cylinder head?
    Click here to enlarge
    I'd love for someone else to also go through the same process soon and we could compare.
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    674
    Rep Points
    986.1
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Venders Gone Wild. LOL

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    333
    Rep Points
    532.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    Venders Gone Wild. LOL
    LOL +1

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    www.bootmod3.com
    Posts
    6,693
    Rep Points
    3,352.2
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34



    Yes Reputation No
    THIS is wild lol

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,216
    Rep Points
    9,354.1
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Honestly I just don't want to satisfy your curiosity and its just personal.
    I don't sell turbos so the lack of data doesn't effect me personally in any way. It just adds to the general skepticism of the turbo performance. If I saw in the log that it was running an overall boost curve similar to factory turbos, and an advance curve similar to factory turbos, but was producing say 15rw more than we've ever seen on factory turbos, then I'd be excited for the prospects of these. I'd be happy even if they performed the same as factory turbos but looked to be more durable as they don't cost much more. I suppose you're just the wrong guy with the wrong car to shed light on their performance.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    537
    Rep Points
    1,568.9
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    sigh..... terry please buy a stage 1, 2 and 3 from VTT and get them tested and the data posted. It is frustrating that the cards are being played so close to the chest when vargas is basically relying on D to post his results (with logs obviously) in order to show improvements over stock turbos. The other guy who purchased them doesnt even have a tune for christ sake.

    Edit: the data you did post looks promising, I will certainly say that but more would be appreciated. Especially considering the unique nature of your current setup.
    Last edited by Njz; 05-07-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: adding to post
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland TN
    Posts
    543
    Rep Points
    555.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Unfortunately D's results can't be used except to say they can be run to higher limits than the factory sets and they don't crap all over themselves. And I'm going to guess that even if the vendors did testing because they are vendors they will get scrutinized as being biased in some way.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •