Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    lool, let me know ahead of time so I can order stage3s!!!

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You mention your high mileage, I'm wondering if the waste gates could be causing it...do you have any rattle? I'd stick with terrys advice though, he's trouble shot the n54 more times than you can count I'm sure.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    You mention your high mileage, I'm wondering if the waste gates could be causing it...do you have any rattle? I'd stick with terrys advice though, he's trouble shot the n54 more times than you can count I'm sure.
    Will see if my indy can take a look at the wastegates and see if there is any adjustment that can be made.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mark mate, didn't I send you my old g4 board? That was working when I removed it from my car and was untouched.

I'm sure you and Terry will get down to the root of the problem but I've got a brand new Cobb AP sitting here you can throw onto yours to rule out the JB4.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    I guess that is good news. Id like to make this 335 the fastest in the UK eventually.
    Ahem. Plus I have a proper clutch in now Click here to enlarge
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idnan Click here to enlarge
    Mark mate, didn't I send you my old g4 board? That was working when I removed it from my car and was untouched.

I'm sure you and Terry will get down to the root of the problem but I've got a brand new Cobb AP sitting here you can throw onto yours to rule out the JB4.

Ahem. Plus I have a proper clutch in now Click here to enlarge
    Hey Idnan, yeh that's why i think it maybe the harness as its been the same on 2 jb4 boards. I could pop up and try the Cobb to see if it fixes it cheers mate.

You got the clutch sorted out now? You will be off map4 then Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Idnan, yeh that's why i think it maybe the harness as its been the same on 2 jb4 boards. I could pop up and try the Cobb to see if it fixes it cheers mate.

You got the clutch sorted out now? You will be off map4 then Click here to enlarge
    I'm not using the Cobb at the moment as I still haven't got round to reinstalling my meth kit fully so you're more than welcome to try it. I will hopefully be getting it all sorted soon so you need to be quick mate.

I've put about 3-400 miles on the clutch so I've changed maps. I'm still taking it easy but it feels really solid and pulls really well.
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idnan Click here to enlarge
    I'm not using the Cobb at the moment as I still haven't got round to reinstalling my meth kit fully so you're more than welcome to try it. I will hopefully be getting it all sorted soon so you need to be quick mate.

I've put about 3-400 miles on the clutch so I've changed maps. I'm still taking it easy but it feels really solid and pulls really well.
    Well i'm glad you got it sorted mate , mine is doing my head in.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, with meth and a tune, would still be fastest in the UK if not Europe. Thats what i am aiming for and why i bought the n54. Then ship it to the US and run against you lol.
    There are some guys in continental Europe who drive RBed 35i.

Driving 100-200 kph in under 7 seconds measured via PBOX and corrected.

Give it a try :-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kollegga Click here to enlarge

+1 LOL. Yes OP, please give it a try...... Click here to enlarge

@Kollegga New VTT upgraded HPFP/Fuel rail is currently sitting in customs, hoping it clears next week. Time for testing E85 Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kollegga Click here to enlarge

Nobody said it was going to be easy lol, at the minute be happy to make stock power, its really pissin me off!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nobody said it was going to be easy lol, at the minute be happy to make stock power, its really pissin me off!
    I definitely can understand it...
    I'll keep my fingers crossed

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    +1 LOL. Yes OP, please give it a try...... Click here to enlarge

@Kollegga New VTT upgraded HPFP/Fuel rail is currently sitting in customs, hoping it clears next week. Time for testing E85 Click here to enlarge
    Hoping you won't have problems when testing :-)
    It would be great to read some results after installing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    have you checked vacuum? and the boost solenoids?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Changed both Solenoids and vac lines from canisters etc, will change the rest of the vac pipes as soon as possible [ or when I can figure out how to get them off]!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Changed both Solenoids and vac lines from canisters etc, will change the rest of the vac pipes as soon as possible [ or when I can figure out how to get them off]!!!

use a fresh razor blade and simply slice the line where it meets the tubes running by your intake... those lines that run over your valve cover get brittle and they get hot than cold every time you drive and turn off your car.... sometimes they melt where it curves around your valve cover but if you check the vacuum with a gauge where these lines meet the bottom of the cannisters you can see if there is an issue there without taking engine cover off, etc...

done just tug on the lines though because you will snap nipples.. I should mention that i meant slice the end if you were replacing them. If you want to just remove than re-install simply use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat the line where it will than come off much easier.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    use a fresh razor blade and simply slice the line where it meets the tubes running by your intake... those lines that run over your valve cover get brittle and they get hot than cold every time you drive and turn off your car.... sometimes they melt where it curves around your valve cover but if you check the vacuum with a gauge where these lines meet the bottom of the cannisters you can see if there is an issue there without taking engine cover off, etc...

done just tug on the lines though because you will snap nipples.. I should mention that i meant slice the end if you were replacing them. If you want to just remove than re-install simply use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat the line where it will than come off much easier.
    Got a whole load of new high temp silicone tubing so they can come off. Line 4 and 5 that run over to the vac canisters look to be in a bad way. The covers on them are shot to pieces. Left the engine cover off after changing plugs so as long as it doesn't rain tomorrow i shall be on it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The last problem was a second hand JB4 G4 board that someone missoldered. Any update with a new board yet?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great day today, went to see the ever helpful Phil200tdi for some tinkering. Never managed to track down exactly what the issue was but, with Phil's help narrowed it down massively.

Today we changed all the vac lines except the 2 turbo ones [ pain in the rear to do as engine was to hot] even though, Phil still tried it but the front was just to tight to pull off.

Removed both vanos solenoids and cleaned them then swapped them over and went for various runs. Got some strange results when testing the vac system. Instead of idling at about 10inhg, my car would idle at 0 Click here to enlarge

On a run the vac was hitting 18inhg [which it should on the G4 board ] but, once there gradually lose vac and throw a 30FF. Thanks to Phil's help it looks like I can now rule out the boost side being the issue Click here to enlarge

So the next thing to do is get the 2 turbo lines done and install my 2nd boost solenoid.

To cap off a good day, Phil took me out in his car. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Holy S%^& that thing is a monster. I drove home thinking "Must have meth, must have meth!"
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123