Close

Thread: HPFP fail

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

HPFP fail

So I get a call from my local bmw dealership saying that they just got a black 2007 335i in so i decided to go check it out. Turns out that it has to many miles then i would like. When i tell the salesman this he immediately tells me that they also just got in a 2010 e93 335i that just came in and is be detailed as we speak. I told him i dont want a convertible and told him its out of my price range, but he kept insisting that i check it out and test drive it. So i wait in their waiting room for like 5 min and the guys that detailed the car pulls it up. They walk in and hand the sales guy the keys and we go out to check it out. Salesman goes in to start the car and gets a long crank and doesn't even start. Tries again and gets a long start but finally starts but then seconds later the 1/2 engine light comes on. He looks at me and was like wow, that never happened before. Instead of test driving it they pulled it back in to get it checked out. I'm guessing it was because of the HPFP and the car only had 5k miles on it. I wanted to laugh at the situation, but was thinking this is something that i will probably go through in the near future unless someone comes up with a fix for these HPFP's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My 335i had 11k miles when i came in for service. They told me there was a recall on the pumps and were going to replace mine.
    After they replaced it is when i started getting the long cranks. I had to take it back twice to get it fixed.

Other than that the car is topnotch all around.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just got my first pump replaced at 36k... Waiting toget my baby in an hour!
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine went @ 25000..seems like the hpfp is a hit or miss situation some people lose it at 3000 miles others have gone 70000..I just wish they would taken out the pumps from the cars where hasnlasted and see why because apparently looking at the bad ones does nothing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monac335 Click here to enlarge
    Mine went @ 25000..seems like the hpfp is a hit or miss situation some people lose it at 3000 miles others have gone 70000..I just wish they would taken out the pumps from the cars where hasnlasted and see why because apparently looking at the bad ones does nothing
    Yeah, i feel bad for those that spend more time in a loaner then their own cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, i feel bad for those that spend more time in a loaner then their own cars.
    They did mine while i waited.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ...Salesman goes in to start the car and gets a long crank and doesn't even start. Tries again and gets a long start but finally starts but then seconds later the 1/2 engine light comes on. He looks at me and was like wow, that never happened before. Instead of test driving it they pulled it back in to get it checked out. I'm guessing it was because of the HPFP and the car only had 5k miles on it. I wanted to laugh at the situation, but...
    sir you are exactly right. thats precisely what happened, the hpfp took a $#@! lol. i would have laughed in my head too! its pathetic, not the dealership but bmw's action on the situation.

@sticky hah, finally used the quote selected text, guess it is kind of useful sometimes
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it's amazing how random this is. I'm at nearly 50k miles on the original fuel pump (modded in some sort of way since nearly 0 miles on the odometer) *knock on wood*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    it's amazing how random this is. I'm at nearly 50k miles on the original fuel pump (modded in some sort of way since nearly 0 miles on the odometer) *knock on wood*
    You need to go buy a lottery ticket because right now your beating all odds. LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My previous car had 36k miles on it when I traded it in, and never had an issue. It had been modded since 2k miles or so. My new one has been modded since I got it, and at 10k miles, haven't had an issue! Oh and believe me when I say I'm knocking on wood after I post this...
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It really is hit or miss, like someone posted earlier. My 08 335 had suffered from 4 hpfp failures with in 2 years, now my 08 535 has only gone through one failure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RambleJ535 Click here to enlarge
    It really is hit or miss, like someone posted earlier. My 08 335 had suffered from 4 hpfp failures with in 2 years, now my 08 535 has only gone through one failure.
    Do you guys think it is a hit or miss with the car/motor or with the HPFP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you guys think it is a hit or miss with the car/motor or with the HPFP?
    HPFP. My first hpfp lasted up tp 28k, then after that with in the next 20k I had 3 more failures... But I loved the engine so much I stuck with another one and this one has treated me well so far, keeping my fingers crossed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I knock on my desk daily when I read these threads...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone know if the hpfp issue still plagues the Jan 2010 and newer built cars?