Close

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Since this is a DCT thread, has anyone figured out if you can adjust the LC RPMs?? Last time I checked, I know the M3 guys weren't able to successfully adjust it -- I think they were hoping to lower it a few hundred RPMs so it'd be street tire friendly
    pretty sure we can drop it 500 rpms with the stalk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, you released what M3's have been doing for years? thats an accomplishment.
    Umm, are you ok, I said I haven't yet released how I launch at the track, so what are you talking about ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Umm, are you ok, I said I haven't yet released how I launch at the track, so what are you talking about ?
    so, let me just get the facts clear, you claim to have pioneered a LC technique that noone else has, have run a best of 11.78@116mph?

please refresh my memory, your HP is what? these runs are on DRs or street tire-what rim and tires? and what was the 60' for your personal best?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so, let me just get the facts clear, you claim to have pioneered a LC technique that noone else has, have run a best of 11.78@116mph?

please refresh my memory, your HP is what? these runs are on DRs or street tire-what rim and tires? and what was the 60' for your personal best?
    390 whp 433 wtq Mustang Dyno results

1.84 60'

Nitto NT 555 Tires 275/30/19 on Stock BMW 313 rims

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-25282.html

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by BuraQ; 05-10-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^^Aren't their DCT 335is' going faster?? EX: This "tune only" 335is that's less than .2 behind & has a higher trap speed

COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

^^Aren't their DCT 335is' going faster?? EX: This "tune only" 335is that's less than .2 behind & has a higher trap speed

http://youtu.be/aPdcXcfHclc
    This is what i've been trying to tell him. The 335is in the video had zero bolt ons, compared to BuraQ being FBO running 2mph slower...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the first magical technique BuraQ bestowed on us is just fine Click here to enlarge My buddy with FBO on 93 octane only ran a 12.4@115 on his 3rd attempt with his 335is DCT. With RFTs at that, no sticky NT555s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    This is what i've been trying to tell him. The 335is in the video had zero bolt ons, compared to BuraQ being FBO running 2mph slower...

That's me in the vid Click here to enlarge I use the old Buraq method which netted me a 1.825 60 ft on my Run Flat 19" 313 Bridgestone's.

I can't post a link yet as I'm a NOOB here, but
    If you search e90post "mdyates" you'll see my post the night I did 3 consecutive runs INC video "in car" where you can see the launch technique.

Not sure if Buraq would share his new launch method with me or not, but my 60 ft is faster on Runflats??? I'll gladly be a test case.
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

http://youtu.be/aPdcXcfHclc
    Yes true....I am after ET not speed traps. My ET was done with less power which gives a good projection of what I will do with PTF.

..and I have been ever telling you I am focused on ET not speed traps at this time

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I think the first magical technique BuraQ bestowed on us is just fine Click here to enlarge My buddy with FBO on 93 octane only ran a 12.4@115 on his 3rd attempt with his 335is DCT. With RFTs at that, no sticky NT555s.
    Interesting, I did almost the same ET on a Dinan conservative tune with "less power" on RFT, 93 Octane, with just upgraded intercooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge

Not sure if Buraq would share his new launch method with me or not, but my 60 ft is faster on Runflats??? I'll gladly be a test case.
    I got to make it up to your track next season, at least its better prepared than PBIR. I was hoping that you came down to get a taste of the track here

Yup you did do a better 60' than I have ever done Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes true....I am after ET not speed traps. My ET was done with less power which gives a good projection of what I will do with PTF.

..and I have been ever telling you I am focused on ET not speed traps at this time

Interesting, I did almost the same ET on a Dinan conservative tune with "less power" on RFT, 93 Octane, with just upgraded intercooler.

http://youtu.be/i8cKiaIyvuU
    On your third attempt ever? Nice. Click here to enlarge

And he still trapped 7 mph higher than you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    That's me in the vid Click here to enlarge I use the old Buraq method which netted me a 1.825 60 ft on my Run Flat 19" 313 Bridgestone's.

I can't post a link yet as I'm a NOOB here, but
    If you search e90post "mdyates" you'll see my post the night I did 3 consecutive runs INC video "in car" where you can see the launch technique.

Nice times man! I knew it was you I just didn't know you were on BB, so that's cool. Definately a solid 60' on RFT's. Regarding the bold, if this is the case what's BuraQ's big secret? If you cut better 60's on RFT and he has basically sticky tires, I don't think he should be holding anything back?

Traps show how fast your car is, correct? The JB4 car had a better trap speed with zero bolt ons compared you on FBO mods. He is faster. Once bolt ons are added he'll just further pull away.

Regarding that video, look at the trap difference. He trapped 7mph higher than you. That's huge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I find this questionable, since it's a Tune Only (JB4) the car is only boosting between 14-16 psi (Map 1 vs Map Map 7 if Race Gas is being used) & Stock Timing, probably putting the car in the mid-300 WHP area. The car in the video is also on the Stock RFTs vs the Nittos you're using. IIRC, you're boosting closer to 18psi & high 300 WHP (390?), so you're def underperforming.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I find this questionable, since it's a Tune Only (JB4) the car is only boosting between 14-16 psi (Map 1 vs Map Map 7 if Race Gas is being used) & Stock Timing, probably putting the car in the mid-300 WHP area.. I remember reading you're boosting closer to 18psi & high 300 WHP (390?).
    Keep in mind, the 335is runs 4 degrees less timing across the board over a regular N54. Map 7 would probably make 20 whp less on the stock tune than a comparable regular N54.

With that said, flash tune is the only way to go on the 335is.

Anyway why are we even in this thread? We don't have DCTs. I could care less about this fabled PTF-exclusive launch technique. I just don't like this pompous attitude that his magical "technique" is so good that it's vendor exclusive. Carry on!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    On your third attempt ever? Nice. Click here to enlarge

And he still trapped 7 mph higher than you.
    He's FBO with a more aggressive tune vs a conservative Tune, with only FMIC he should have better speed trap, however horrible ET for the mods ?

Also, that was my "1st" attempt at PBIR with that LC method, not used anymore, after spending 4 months searching for an alternative way to launching the IS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I find this questionable, since it's a Tune Only (JB4) the car is only boosting between 14-16 psi (Map 1 vs Map Map 7 if Race Gas is being used) & Stock Timing, probably putting the car in the mid-300 WHP area. The car in the video is also on the Stock RFTs vs the Nittos you're using. IIRC, you're boosting closer to 18psi & high 300 WHP (390?), so you're def underperforming.

I was on map 7 with e85 mix. Looking at my logs, I was around 17-18 psi but tapering to 15 or so at shift points. With updated flash Terry has made it around 11-13 degrees of timing vs my old 8-10. Can't wait to get back to the track, Buraq! Thanks for the recognition on the 60 ft.

Looking at the time slips, I see Buraq makes up the 330 ft by 1 tenth. I have a bit of wheelspin in 2nd and 3rd that may explain that. Guessing the diff lockdown/tires would help that though

Prob getting off topic on this thread and just need to run soon Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

If you cut better 60's on RFT and he has basically sticky tires, I don't think he should be holding anything back?
    When the time comes that you are able to run your car at PBIR you will know..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You got it backwards, see above myates response. He is running BMS flash ie Cobb, and Map 7 much more boost, timing and octane than I was plus he had negative DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Had to unsubscribe from this one. Can't even find my important emails through all the back and forth. Who knew the DCT was such a flamethrower. My thoughts are, if SSP built a product that doesn't work because they have since figured out a better way etc, sticky let them fix it. You were basically their tranny beta. Betas do not always work right the first time out. This is expected, in these situations customer service usually makes or breaks the relationship. I severely hurt Turbomikes stage 2's pushing them well past where I knew I should, but you learn by breaking things. He has bimmerfest next weekend and I didn't want him to drive his car up to our shop with those turbos. So I got our shop truck and trailer and drove to LA this weekend to pick up his car, replace his turbos and get it back to him in time for bimmerfest. All no charge, he understood the nature of beta testing, but this is how you keep customers happy, happy customers make for more happy customers. SSP, just needs to make it right, Sticky, give them a chance to do so. Again IMO.
    How many more chances do they need? What does it take, an invitation? Renting him a private jet? He should already be doing what you did I don't get what the hold up is.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since this is a DCT thread, has anyone figured out if you can adjust the LC RPMs?? Last time I checked, I know the M3 guys weren't able to successfully adjust it -- I think they were hoping to lower it a few hundred RPMs so it'd be street tire friendly
    The M3 has no problem going up or down a bit on RPM. I think I could raise it up to 6200 or lower to 4200.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You got it backwards, see above myates response. He is running BMS flash ie Cobb, and Map 7 much more boost, timing and octane than I was plus he had negative DA
    Word, didn't know it was an E85 blend / stacked tune setup. Those details weren't listed with the video

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Are we in the Kindergarten here? Dang! Mommy get me a super duper new toy but I won't let the other kids play with it... Come on!!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Are we in the Kindergarten here? Dang! Mommy get me a super duper new toy but I won't let the other kids play with it... Come on!!
    Thank you for this.
    jb4+fbo+meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    And what is that showing exactly?
    Curious as well... Just did the conversions: 65 to 205 kph ~ 40 to 127 mph, video time ~:07 to ~:17 sec. on a car putting down 450Hp/487Tq. I've not followed the 60-130s much, is this <10 second time significant, or is just the lack of slipping the significance?

~Nate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Haha for real.. I could have told you from the second sentence in the OP this thread would turn into a joke. 14 pages of sh*t and still counting..
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG