Close

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

OK so Sticky lends them car/transmission to test said parts. Parts wind up failing rendering transmission "broken". So then SSP should simply swap the "broken" transmission with one that was of similar mileage/condition before this thing started. Easy.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Exactly....

Just because he didn't pay means nothing, it's not like Kris at SSP didn't know at the beginning of the project that he wasn't paying...so why do people think that means anything? I don't get it..

I think it's weird Kris even brought it up that he didn't pay....was this a surprise to Kris? If it was....wow

A working trans is the least he owes sticky
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Terry, always the voice of reason lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 20132013bmw Click here to enlarge
    It was said earlier that Sticky never paid for anything associated with the transmission build....
    LOL...a f*cking DCT tranny is worthless right now.

Do you have a clue how much those are?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by BuraQ is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    So SSP should replace it with a working one in a timely manor or refund it.
    EXACTLY.

I have no idea why we are still sitting here typing about this.

he buyer takes on some risk for wanting parts that are not fully developed and the seller takes on some risk for selling parts that are not fully developed. If it doesn't work out you refund the disgruntled customer and move on. What is preventing that from happening in this case?
    Only one thing is preventing it, @SSPKris.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 20132013bmw Click here to enlarge
    It was said earlier that Sticky never paid for anything associated with the transmission build....
    Ya because the deal was I give them a transmission out of a brand new $75k car to develop parts for (nobody else offered theirs) and they build the parts and in return for the time and using my trans they install said built parts for free and send it back.

They also asked for my entire car, which I gave them, and free advertising, which I gave them.

I would much rather have spared myself 2 years and paid for OEM parts than ever have dealt with this. Now I lose the time AND money on top. What, swapping transmissions left and right then tuning is done for free?

Way back in the beginning of my build thread all the details were posted not sure what this has to do with having a working transmission.

Frankly Kris would not have any parts if I wasn't naive enough to trust him. I should be getting royalties. At the very least though I should have a working transmission.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

OK so Sticky lends them car/transmission to test said parts. Parts wind up failing rendering transmission "broken". So then SSP should simply swap the "broken" transmission with one that was of similar mileage/condition before this thing started. Easy.
    Yes, it's this easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I will be releasing full details on the LC method only to PTF.
    lol you're such a weird guy. These forums would not be the same without you. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol you're such a weird guy. These forums would not be the same without you. Click here to enlarge
    Flash Bro's Gotta Stick Together -- Bura with his RennTECH stuff & PTF with COBB
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Flash Bro's Gotta Stick Together -- Bura with his RennTECH stuff & PTF with COBB
    You need to as you're outnumbered for a reason Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by myates Click here to enlarge
    You need to as you're outnumbered for a reason Click here to enlarge
    You're using the COBB (flash) hardware too Click here to enlarge EVERYONE will have to use the flash if they wanna maximize the power on Stock Turbos & Beyond
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You're using the COBB (flash) hardware too Click here to enlarge EVERYONE will have to use the flash if they wanna maximize the power on Stock Turbos & Beyond
    This is true!
    Instagram: mattyates85
    FB: Matt Yates

2013 335iS DCT, Alpine/Saddle

Only JB4/Flash, BMS DP's/DCI/Walbro inline

Best e/t: 11.57 @120 mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if someone was able to lower the RPMs for LC on the 335is you will still spin from the torque in first gear which cannot be modulated or you lose the LC before you even hit 2nd. Even if successful the DSC will engage and you will have massive rear brake wear and your ET will take a toll

I am speaking from street tire perspective, haven't tried DRs yet

The method I use in launching the 335is allows me to modulate and control traction without interference from the DCS, plus the clutch is applied progressively at 2.5k RPMs rather than instantly.

I will be releasing full details on the LC method only to PTF. So if your a PTF customer with a 335is then it will be passed on to you hopefully
    Sounds like you almost have it acting like a manual clutch? Do you have this working now, or this is something you are still developing? And can you only do this when LC feels like letting you or can you do it as often as you want?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ramjet Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like you almost have it acting like a manual clutch? Do you have this working now, or this is something you are still developing? And can you only do this when LC feels like letting you or can you do it as often as you want?
    Pretty much, I treat this car when driving it just like a MT. I even forget at times that a D mode drive exist cause I am always driving in manual mode

Fully working and functional, and very well documented. Like all N54 DCT the LC mode is not available till it is in its range of normal operating temps after "cold starts"

The car can rest for two hours, verified and tested, with 150ish oil temps, and LC will immediately be available. This was tested and verified at my track in 50░f weather sitting in line waiting after cars kept pissing oil on the track...

I have used LC 32 times back to back session intervals at a private track rental event in 90░ + weather, no slippage. Total times using LC is 300+ and more than likely will be 400+ before this time next year. So in essence I can do this as many times as I want, the DME or DCT has never refused to cooperate as my method does not over heat the DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    500 ft-lbs of torque is WELL over 600 NM of torque! Click here to enlarge
    It's 677 Nm actually.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by inlineS54B32 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Even if someone was able to lower the RPMs for LC on the 335is you will still spin from the torque in first gear which cannot be modulated or you lose the LC before you even hit 2nd. Even if successful the DSC will engage and you will have massive rear brake wear and your ET will take a toll

I am speaking from street tire perspective, haven't tried DRs yet

The method I use in launching the 335is allows me to modulate and control traction without interference from the DCS, plus the clutch is applied progressively at 2.5k RPMs rather than instantly.

I will be releasing full details on the LC method only to PTF. So if your a PTF customer with a 335is then it will be passed on to you hopefully
    LC on street tires is worthless. Im not sure why people chase good times on street tires/ actual street tires, not r888 re11, pss etc..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Heh it's not that. It's just the ego on that guy. He talked about his 116mph renntech timeslips as if they were delivered from the hand of god himself. 90% of the people who read his many, many, posts told him he should be going much faster and to dump that renntech tune. He would not hear it. If he was talking himself up so much running 116mph can you imagine what his posts are going to be like when he runs 120+mph as he should have been running all along? I better stock the cabinet with popcorn. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Heh it's not that. It's just the ego on that guy. He talked about his 116mph renntech timeslips as if they were delivered from the hand of god himself. 90% of the people who read his many, many, posts told him he should be going much faster and to dump that renntech tune. He would not hear it. If he was talking himself up so much running 116mph can you imagine what his posts are going to be like when he runs 120+mph as he should have been running all along? I better stock the cabinet with popcorn. Click here to enlarge
    LMAO, i thought i was the only one...
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    LMAO, i thought i was the only one...
    Nope Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I find it utterly comical he is keeping his launch technique "PTF exclusive". I told my buddy with 335is DCT FBO stage 2+FMIC Cobb BuraQ's technique described on shivpost and he proceeded to run a 12.4@115 on RFTs with zero experience. there's no magic behind this technique its only a matter of practice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned