Close

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You don't understand, it is. The OEM trans works perfectly. The SSP trans only works well with odd gears. The second clutch just seems defective, or broken, or who knows what. Upping pressure isn't solving it or messing with the ECU. Ok?

SSP should have already been arranging solutions from the time of the first e-mail and first phone call with Gintani.
    Whatever you want to call it, I dont want to go around in circles with you re hardware vs whatever. What seems to be the case is that you need an integrated set of 4 things (tcu, valvebody, clutches and dme) to make it work and you didnt get them when you picked your car up some time ago.

My guess is the 335is dct story is real and ssp simply didnt have a working solution when you took your car back. Now they do. I'd say if they get it to the track they should be able to prove it by running numbers no other 335is can match. Dzenno is credible and if it's laying down 500+ wtq and runs mid 11s given their recent dyno, I'd think you'd have to call it legit.

It seems Kris was willing to offer an olive branch in his last post, so what is your next move? Continue roasting him while the N54s have all the fun?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    What seems to be the case is that you need an integrated set of 4 things (tcu, valvebody, clutches and dme) to make it work and you didnt get them when you picked your car up some time ago.
    How exactly do you know what is done or what is not and since when are you an expert on this?

My guess is the 335is dct story is real and ssp simply didnt have a working solution when you took your car back. Now they do.
    That's quite a guess. Let's assume they didn't have a working solution. WTF was my trans kept for and why wouldn't I be informed then?

It seems Kris was willing to offer an olive branch in his last post, so what is your next move? Continue roasting him while the N54s have all the fun?
    What does he need from me? An invitation? A hug? He's playing you and you are eating it up. He can call the shop any time and get cracking on this I'm sitting on the trans as we speak waiting for it to hatch.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

..I'd say if they get it to the track they should be able to prove it by running numbers no other 335is can match. Dzenno is credible and if it's laying down 500+ wtq and runs mid 11s given their recent dyno, I'd think you'd have to call it legit....
    There will be a side by side comparison with other PTF PROtuned 335is' . So the only difference will be stock vs build

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    500 ft-lbs of torque is WELL over 600 NM of torque! Click here to enlarge
    500 NM wtq not ft-lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats awesome, are you slipping during shifts or throughout the RPM range?

The TCU receives information directly from the ECU, therefore all parameters in the ECU most be "true". For the the TCU to behave and for the upgraded clutches to work at its full potential this is key. I can tell you that there is a specific TQ ceiling, and that Dzenno sorted it out for me.[/QUOTE]

I think it is only through the RPM range, definitely some slip in 4th/5th but not bad as yet. Thanks for the "true load" explanation - I'll look into this more. Terry@BMS just gave me a flash for DCT cars, will see how it goes. Thanks for the ref to Dzenno, may follow up there...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SJL Custom Auto Click here to enlarge
    I have datalogged Serps car with my softwae and have datalogged over 800nm of torque load at the crank. We have done pulls in seventh gear from 1500-6500 rpm under WOT with no slippage at all. Again it all depends on the target torque value youre looking to build for.

I am prepared to put a warranty on our service and parts. This is how much confidence we have in our setup. We will also be looking to further upgrade other components for even more output and 100% reliability.
    This sounds fantastic! There is hope yet for the VTT Stage 3 upgrade!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Are you able to reprogram launch control?
    If anyone has sorted out how to reprogram launch control please message me!! Click here to enlarge Would be fantastic to set it down at about 2000-2500rpm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's also very clear that those running big torque levels ( > 450wtq) need the transmission to be aware of actual or higher than actual torque. Whether you use a dedicated flash tune for that or a piggy + back end flash solution. One nice thing about the piggy+flash solution is you can separate torque and load. The transmission maps on torque set point and torque actual. What I don't know on the DCT yet is how high you can map its torque set point and actual torque before it limps out. I'll be doing a lot of DCT mapping changes on a go forward basis to find that limit.
    Great to hear Terry, as I'm well over 500wtq (NM) on a DCT, and want to push it more, any advance on this is a plus for me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Whatever you want to call it, I dont want to go around in circles with you re hardware vs whatever. What seems to be the case is that you need an integrated set of 4 things (tcu, valvebody, clutches and dme) to make it work and you didnt get them when you picked your car up some time ago.
    How exactly do you know what is done or what is not and since when are you an expert on this?
    Clearly I don't but I'm reading from SJL/SSPs posts where they are describing what is needed. Given that and some deductive reasoning, if the timeline is correct as stated earlier:
    1) You sent your car to SSP 2+yrs ago and retrieved it about about 1+yrs ago and dropped at Gintani. This means you have the SSP clutch technology as it existed at that point in time unless you left something out. It's not even clear if they ever motored around in your car to test the mods they did.
    2) SSP and SJL have specifically stated in recent posts here that they tried multiple friction materials in the last 8 months since starting on Serp's car and that SJL had to get involved to get both the TCU flashed, a valvebody mod done and finally Dzenno had to the tune the DME, and all in a specific order.

So, if I don't obsessively hate them and take SJL/SSP, Dzenno and Serps at their word, they achieved a functioning DCT upgrade that took a bit of work, collaboration between experts and then integration of 4 different things to happen. This all seems to have come together in the last few months but SSP/SJL didn't seem to say explicitly that your trans had absolutely no chance of ever working because you received the incomplete/older tech. But my guess is that's what the situation is.

My guess is the 335is dct story is real and ssp simply didnt have a working solution when you took your car back. Now they do.
    That's quite a guess. Let's assume they didn't have a working solution. WTF was my trans kept for and why wouldn't I be informed then?
    That's a good question for Kris@SSP. My experience over the years is that things that don't make money for small shops (and esp they cost money) tend to gather dust in the corner. Or maybe you pissed SSP off and he's not even telling you exactly why. Saw it plenty of times. I even did it myself once.

Some knucklehead that broke a tool of mine and refused to pay for it made the mistake of leaving me a pair of new aftermarket cylinder heads he wanted ported for his race car. So I held onto his heads for over a year and never touched them because of that. He was pissed but finally came around, I ported them for him and he went 8s with them and was very happy.

What does he need from me? An invitation? A hug? He's playing you and you are eating it up. He can call the shop any time and get cracking on this I'm sitting on the trans as we speak waiting for it to hatch.
    Sticky, maybe you just have a way of...not bringing out the best in people. Maybe put away the flamethrower for a day and email them...or maybe the swiss ambassador can intervene for you. I dunno.

SSP and others may be lying but it's to their own disadvantage. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor am I vouching for them. All I'm saying is, given what I know, it appears possible/plausible they're telling the truth about a workable DCT solution. If not, whatever. They wind up being labelled shady and can hang out with Shiv on the weekends and swap stories on their skills at duping people. And you're no worse off than you are now with a bricked trans.

I just want to see you get your car running again. You've been on a HP hunger strike man. Bring it to an end!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Clearly I don't but I'm reading from SJL/SSPs posts where they are describing what is needed. Given that and some deductive reasoning, if the timeline is correct as stated earlier:
    1) You sent your car to SSP 2+yrs ago and retrieved it about about 1+yrs ago and dropped at Gintani. This means you have the SSP clutch technology as it existed at that point in time unless you left something out. It's not even clear if they ever motored around in your car to test the mods they did.
    2) SSP and SJL have specifically stated in recent posts here that they tried multiple friction materials in the last 8 months since starting on Serp's car and that SJL had to get involved to get both the TCU flashed, a valvebody mod done and finally Dzenno had to the tune the DME, and all in a specific order.
    And SJL knows what about what was done to mine? Kris told me the valvebody was modified, was it?

I didn't retrieve my car, I begged for Kris to give it back since I felt like it was held hostage without anything getting done. I was waiting forever on updates just look at the spacing of my articles regarding the trans. I waited how many months for some tiny plastic seals?

Ok, they have supposedly tried new stuff and? This has what to do with my trans? If there are new developments that would help or make it work shouldn't SSP inform me if that happens to be the case?

Sticky, maybe you just have a way of...not bringing out the best in people. Maybe put away the flamethrower for a day and email them...or maybe the swiss ambassador can intervene for you. I dunno.
    Seriously what do I need to do here? What am I even necessary for? I don't have the trans, I'm not working on the trans, I'm not at the shop. Kris can pick up a phone and talk to Alex but at this point after all the crap nobody wants to deal with Kris. Alex felt insulted Kris was trying to tell him there is "no way" he is making the power he is (seriously man?) and SSP has no clue about this platform, the tuning, the motor, etc.

SSP and others may be lying but it's to their own disadvantage. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor am I vouching for them. All I'm saying is, given what I know, it appears possible/plausible they're telling the truth about a workable DCT solution. If not, whatever. They wind up being labelled shady and can hang out with Shiv on the weekends and swap stories on their skills at duping people. And you're no worse off than you are now with a bricked trans.

I just want to see you get your car running again. You've been on a HP hunger strike man. Bring it to an end!
    Like I said it will get resolved one way or another. I just don't know what to do with my transmission that is currently junk thanks to SSP. They can have it back. I'll gladly trade it for an OEM trans and wash my hands of this. If it's super easy to fix and there is supposedly nothing wrong with it Kris shouldn't have a problem with that. I think even stock clutch packs will fix it.

Regardless, SJL and SSP don't have the control over the DCT software like Gintani does who can completely rewrite it, alter launch control (which they can't), etc. I just wish I never had SSP touch my tranny but Kris convinced me and I got burned.

If he was serious about resolving anything he wouldn't be sending me e-mails laughing about how he is happy this is generating press for him and he could careless if it's negative. Classy guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem, with this is that just recently SSP was approached and told of the dct issue's, whether they like or not, sticky's dct has SSP written all over it. there would be NO reason why I can see a shop tell a customer they are "done with the endevour" and not provide a working solution, or at leat inform them of a solution via other means, while they HAVE a working solution.. just doesnt make sense, in any realm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    The problem, with this is that just recently SSP was approached and told of the dct issue's, whether they like or not, sticky's dct has SSP written all over it. there would be NO reason why I can see a shop tell a customer they are "done with the endevour" and not provide a working solution, or at leat inform them of a solution via other means, while they HAVE a working solution.. just doesnt make sense, in any realm
    He doesn't even know what the issue is, he straight said he has no clue. He didn't even bother looking into it but oh ya all these other transmissions are working flawlessly. Give me a break.

Fix your crap Kris, nobody is standing in your way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by nemo07 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

JB4 G5 (ISO) + FSB + Cobb, Meth, BMS DCI, Spec Stg 2+ clutch w/ lwfw, Raceland DP's, BMS OCC, F1 Racewerks IC, ER Charge Pipe, Forged DV's, CSL Rep Trunk, Aero lip, Ground Controls coilovers custom, ER stainless steele brake lines

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nemo07 Click here to enlarge
    Every post you write here, your car is hurting. Move in a forward direction and get your car back, whatever it takes.
    I'm sorry what makes you think it isn't moving forward? SSP is necessary to move forward?

If Sticky hasn't called SSP already, I'm gonna flip a god damn table! LOL "give us a call!" they said.
    Give them a call? The guy is sending me e-mails laughing about this and you think he is serious about settling anything? I told him a million times if he wants to fix it he knows where the trans is and the shop it's at. What's the problem? What does he need a phone call from me for? He has no intention of doing anything. I told him to fix this and instead he blows it off. I said I would write up my entire experience and he just says he looks forward to reading it. That sound like someone serious to you? He's playing you like an idiot:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Pics and numbers don't lie. He shared his success story. Good enough! Be happy he did. If people feel he took a jab at Sticky, whatever lol. Maybe he had a reason to. I think he explained why already.
    Maybe he has a reason to? Pics and numbers don't lie? Um, what pics? And anyone can post a graph that doesn't prove anything about anything certainly not anything regarding me. And he did lie stating he was glad he didn't "listen to me" when this was being done way back in October and my issues have been discussed the past few weeks.

Professional manner? Yes, Kris should have handled it that way from the beginning and now you expect me to do what exactly? Call and beg for him to do something? For what? He has a phone, the shop that has the trans has a phone, my blessing isn't necessary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    No one laughing here. I sent you that email to ask you to post it, because you only seem to allow us to POST ONCE A DAY to express our side of the story. No harm intended. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

Like I am saying again and again... GIVE ME A CALL WHEN YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT DOING SOMETHING WITH YOUR TRANS.
    The prolonging on getting your tranny fixed is on you.

FYI: GINTAINI is not my customer. I would never drag Alex (Gintani) into the middle of this. The origional deal was never made with them. Just so we are CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Kris
    Last edited by SSPKris; 05-09-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSPKris Click here to enlarge
    because you only seem to allow us to POST ONCE A DAY to express our side of the story.
    What is your side exactly? Using @Serps to market for you for free?

You didn't seem to mind when you had free advertising, eh? And in return for that, I get a broken transmission. Thanks so much! And now you want to complain about having to follow the rule everyone else follows? So sad, but keep using @Serps ok?

Like I am saying again and again... GIVE ME A CALL WHEN YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT DOING SOMETHING WITH YOUR TRANS.
    What do you need, some kind of magic word from me? I don't have the trans, I'm not working on the trans, call Gintani. Pick up your phone and call Gintani.

The prolonging on getting your tranny fixed is on you.
    No it's probably on you when you said you "washed your hands" of it. Try to make up your mind. When you're ready, call Gintani they have the trans. It doesn't matter to me either way if you clean up your mess or not. IT'S YOUR MESS, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. I'm not about to fall for any more of your stories and prefer to deal in text so I have record of EVERYTHING. No phone calls to hide behind. You can always e-mail me like you have been poking fun but resolving nothing. So either e-mail or:

CALL GINTANI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @SSPKris

You aren't "dragging" Gintani into anything by figuring out what needs to be addressed.

What I need is a new OEM flywheel, OEM clutch packs, and since your oil pan leaks and doesn't fit correctly a new oil pan. Or since you admitted to having my oil pan, send my damn OEM oil pan back ok? I'll pay for the fluids and lines you were supposed to supply because it's like pulling teeth having you live up to anything.

So if you want to "resolve" this, that is what it is going to take. Since Gintani is the one with the transmission and who has it working and would be arranging install it makes more sense to talk to them than have me run around back and forth between you two.

That's it, it's that simple. So if you're serious get to work on it. If not, my attorneys will send you the bill once it's done. Up to you man, I don't care to deal with you any longer after seeing your true colors and my car will be up and running with or without you. It's up to you regarding how much your word, integrity, and company perception matter to you.

You won't be able to repair your image here, I can tell you that. I'm only indulging @Serps and your SSP BS for as long as it suits me. Now stop typing, complaining about post limitations for guest vendors which you are lucky to be at that, and get down to some actual work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

5 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^Agreed, regardless of how great a product SSP delivers in the end of this I would never spend a penny on their products due to this appalling show of disrespect to a customer and their property. You made a $#@! product and didn't have the balls to stand up and say we $#@!ed up but we are not going to quit until we get it right. Bimmerboost members have good memories and that will not be good for you in the end.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    ^Agreed, regardless of how great a product SSP delivers in the end of this I would never spend a penny on their products due to this appalling show of disrespect to a customer and their property. You made a $#@! product and didn't have the balls to stand up and say we $#@!ed up but we are not going to quit until we get it right. Bimmerboost members have good memories and that will not be good for you in the end.
    I agree, the way the posts by SSP were written and what was said in sticky's build thread made me raise a eyebrow. I would never trust my expensive dct trans with a company that displays that lack of professionalism to the public. Surprising to say the least...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have not read stickies thread. But I presume the issue is the built trans didn't work. So SSP should replace it with a working one in a timely manor or refund it. Seems reasonable, right? What is their position on it? Sometimes when you are developing new parts they don't work out as planned. Everyone's time (and money) is wasted in that process. The buyer takes on some risk for wanting parts that are not fully developed and the seller takes on some risk for selling parts that are not fully developed. If it doesn't work out you refund the disgruntled customer and move on. What is preventing that from happening in this case?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The explanation given by SSP in stickys thread was that he hasn't heard from him in 1 1/2 years so at this time he is " bowing out "..... "Good luck"

After that its a bunch of arguing back and forth between sticky and Kris at SSP

Knowing the complexity of the build and knowing it's a good chance stickys car wasn't driven during those 1 1/2 years (didnt SSP get the mileage of the car?) I don't personally see how the time means anything, especially if it was just installed and run for the first time. To not even LOOK at the trans, is pretty poor
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I don't think we're in disagreement here re who knew what when. I suspect that SSP + SJL has a working DCT upgrade where at least SJL figured things out, can't say for sure how much was passed on to SSP but likely they knew as well.

Around the time they figured it out or after it, Sticky communicated his problems and got crickets chirping.

And I wouldn't say there's NO reason why they wouldn't help. I could think of a lot of reasons. Some aren't very nice, but like I said earlier, someone screwed with me before and I kept his new heads for a year just to f*ck with him. He pretended he did nothing wrong and I pretended I was too busy to work on his sh!t. People can be funny like that but I don't mess with people without good reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by 20132013bmw is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 20132013bmw Click here to enlarge
    It was said earlier that Sticky never paid for anything associated with the transmission build....
    Go read his build thread before you ASSume. First post...
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 20132013bmw Click here to enlarge
    It was said earlier that Sticky never paid for anything associated with the transmission build....
    So what? It was used as a development car, this kind of arrangement happens all the time. Go read about the thread with HPF closing, that guy paid for nothing that HPF did to his 335. Does not paying for something give someone free reign to take a perfectly good dct, experiment with upgrading it, then give it back broken? Seriously....does it? Judging by the recent posts from SSP, he apologized for how he acted in the build thread, even though there are two sides to every story, it sounds like we pretty much know the deal....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast