113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky

See above...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SJL Custom Auto Click here to enlarge
    Can someone allow me to post more than once lol
    You just did.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is getting good. Almost makes me want to buy a 335is or an e9x m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Artsoasis Click here to enlarge
    This is getting good. Almost makes me want to buy a 335is or an e9x m3
    +1, too bad they don't make a 335xi with a DCT Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Serps is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    you think I should apologize after what you have said about SSP and myself in this thread... your attitude, arrogance and general demeanour online is what warranted me calling you out. Not once have I threatened you or stooped down to your level of name calling, but I did enjoy some of the sly comments you directed towards me...had a good chuckle.
    I don't even know who the $#@! you are and you come out of nowhere attacking me with this thread and making up nosense like you are "so glad you didn't listen to me" when we never even talked about this upgrade and this was in progress before my new motor was even fired up and tested with the trans. So, um, maybe you should apologize once again?

I never once said that the discs where put in 3 weeks ago, and it is true when I read the last 20 pages of your build thread last month, I was debating over the whole project.
    So you already were upgrading this before you read what I wrote recently? So you were debating a project already underway since October in the past few weeks? That makes sense.

Then I find out the lies
    Would you mind naming them as I'm still confused about these "lies" or what I have done wrong exactly?

and how you try and hold SSP accountable after 1.5 years of having there disc and not testing it is outrageous.
    Ya crazy me for holding SSP accountable for their trans nobody but SSP touched. I must be insane because a year passed and that changes everything somehow. Where was Kris to check on the progress? Where was Kris to be there when it was fired up like he told me he would be? It was all talk. Why wasn't this trans tested before ever being sent back to me if he was oh so concerned? Truth is he wasn't, he just wanted the discs made and cobbled my trans back together as best as he could. His oil pan doesn't even fit, you kidding me?

ris is a stand up guy and you make him out to be a douche online
    No he did that all by himself when instead of taking responsibility he started insulting me throwing out whatever he could. He showed his true colors. Rather than address this like this a professional and try to get it right so everyone was happy he lashed out like a little girl and now is using you the only problem being you are too stupid to see it.

I felt as a loyal customer and build partner in this project something needed to be said.
    Oh yes, you're the loyal person who sent their trans in first of course, were used as the model for these discs, had your trans kept over year longer than it should have been, and received free advertising and articles that made everyone aware this was taking place? You're the guy who has been waiting for how many years for this project? Buddy, if I never was nice enough to spare my car and my time this would have never happened and you're telling me you're loyal? You take two years of your time and have Kris tell you to go $#@! yourself and then come talk to me ok?

Your trying to drag his company through the mud because your car doesn't work.
    No I'm concerned you just quite simply have mental issues. The car works, the problem is the trans. What don't you get?

Theres always two sides to a story, why should yours be the only one heard? I will say it one more time though "its not an SSP clutch disc hardware issue" and yes I'm running two extra plates.
    What's the other side? I'm waiting, everyone is waiting. Rather than even investigate Kris "washed his hands of it" rather than even find out. Yeah, what a stand up guy.

How is it the car works with an OEM trans then? So it's not hardware? Then why does different hardware fix the issue?

I've also ran into issue's too, but they all got resolved immediately, maybe if you explain why you took so long to test the product a lot more would be understood. Oooo and the TCU parameters, where never touched.
    What exactly does length of time for separate builds have to do with this? Maybe if Kris didn't take an extra year building the trans (quite the job he did) any motor issues would have been sorted out faster? Did that cross your mind?

Was I ever complaining that Kris took forever? Was Gintani? Nope, nobody ever complained. But separate issues that have nothing to do with the trans are a big deal?

Why is the trans sitting a big deal again? It destroys itself?

I will apologize to the whole bimmerboost community for not doing a DCT build thread,
    What you really should be apologizing for is blindly sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong and looking like a fool. And thanks so much for mentioning all the work @SJL Custom Auto did and making it sound like all it took was Kris sneezing on your trans for it to work.

It would be awesome to see a blown M3 DCT vs Stg III N54 DCT #justsaying
    Would it be? I bet. If Kris did his job we would be seeing that, but alas, he didn't and that's the truth of the matter.

$#@!ing idiots.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky's points make sense to me... If I were in his shoes and the products promised vs the products delivered were a $#@!ing joking I would post to every car enthusiast forum to make people aware of how poorly the situation was handled. Unfortunately for this Kris guy he decided to $#@! over the owner of one of the most highly visible forums for the platform in which he sells his upgrades. I just don't see how this is a good business practice, in the end deliver what you $#@!ing promised the customer or $#@! off.
    Last edited by Njz; 05-08-2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: fix
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Sticky's points make sense to me... If I were in his shoes and the products promised vs the products delivered were a $#@!ing joking I would post to every car enthusiast forum to make people aware of how poorly the situation was handled. Unfortunately for this Kris guy he decided to $#@! over the owner of one of the most highly visible forums for the platform in which he sells his upgrades. I just don't see how this is a good business practice, in the end deliver what you $#@!ing promised the customer or $#@! off.
    He could do much better for his business by simply making it work and then sitting back as I collect the records, go in magazines, promote the $#@! out of it, race it, etc. How stupid is he?

And how well does he think its going to work out for him when I actually write up my experience in the fashion I usually do with a lengthy article? It will be everywhere, google will cache it, put it right up front in searches for SSP / Kris Gagnon, and it will be there forever.

He's a $#@!ing idiot. All he has to do is deliver what was promised. I was MORE than patient. I gave him everything he needed. I mean have some dignity man having other people come post for you as if that changes anything is desperation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, not crediting the SJL guy was for $#@!. Credit where it's due IMO.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Very excited about what this could mean for the DCT. Would be nice for SJL to start a different thread with more info about himself and future plans for this platform.

Lastly I think it was an obvious cheap shot to bring up Sticky's build. You shouldn't take it upon yourself to defend anyone, especially on an issue in which you are not intimately involved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ra2289 Click here to enlarge
    Lastly I think it was an obvious cheap shot to bring up Sticky's build. You shouldn't take it upon yourself to defend anyone, especially on an issue in which you are not intimately involved.
    Yep and let's be honest, this guy was quiet about it. Obviously @SSPKris forced him to do this. I'd have a lot more respect for you @Serps if you just admitted it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What kind of proof do you want? Serps has displayed the vids and dyno numbers. Im encouraging him to run even more power. I want to see the slip point of our setup. We had issues when testing and tuning. Dzenno can attest. But we have diagnosed and figured out solutions for the issues that arrised. And now have gotten the result first set out for.

At this point in the game Im not at the liberty of showcasing and displaying our development. I can tell you this. All bases have been covered. We have invested much time, energy and money into this development. And now the proof is going to be displayed. This setup has been developed using SSP clutches. Kris and I are good friends and have worked on many projects together. We have tested many different friction materials in order to get to this result. The SSP clutches are a drop in application. They should perform as advertised without problem. Im sorry for those that have had issues, but as far as Im concerned, they are not clutch disc related. I can tell you this from experience.

Increasing line pressure in these transmissions is only a temporary solution. Our setup does not require additional line pressure. That being said, to produce the power level Serps has been capable of, there is a valvebody mod required. Being a business man, Im not able to discuss the details at this point. There is also special DCT tuning software that we have used in order to setup the trans properly. This software has to be learned on the trans in a certain sequence in order for it to learn and perform at peak levels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @SJL Custom Auto

After the project with Serp is verified, and ready for general production, how exactly would you deliver your service, would you come to state the car is in to do the build, and what will be a ball park figure for that service after we have paid for the clutch pack from SSP ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is something that will be reviewed in the next coming months. Obviously for me to set up the trans in the same manor as Serps, I would need the car infront of me. The mechanical part, for me anyway, is the easy part. This procedure isnt much different from the one we perform on the GTR GR6 trans. I build a full gearbox for those, with the necessary supporting upgrades required for installation and reliability.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get someone to up your line pressure... you don't need to tear it apart.
    How would you go about doing this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    These threads are getting better and better. Actually this whole forum is just kicking ass lately.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Are you running a piggyback or flash tune? Your DCT needs to see calculated torque to increase the pressure of the clutch's - thats the first step.
    Hi Lulz_m3,

I'm running the JB4 with flash tune (all latest updates). Would love to hear more about a flash that increases the pressure of the clutches - I heard that this is being worked on but haven't heard of anyone achieving it. I hear quotes of the BMW DCT taking 600NM + but mine isn't, it is slipping. Any direction you can point me in re who can help me with a clutch/DCT tune upgrade would be great. I'm currently running RB's (not yet to their max due to clutch issues) and am very interested in the new VTT stage 3's, but my DCT isn't even handling the torque of the RB's at the moment, so first things first....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Who's running 500wtq on a stock DCT? Is it holding up? Not arguing or anything at all. I have nothing to do with this upgrade or SSP. I don't even know who they are. I've met Steve from SJL once a couple years ago and saw him with Joe the other day on the dyno. That's the extent of my experience with anything DCT build related lol I'm just curious if that tranny really can hold that much with just a proper flash tune on its own.
    I'm running well over 500wtq, but my DCT is slipping - desperate for a solution Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get someone to up your line pressure... you don't need to tear it apart.
    Sounds good, but haven't found anyone who knows how to do that? I'm in Australia so need remote assistance or to work with someone as a local agent??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Considering that SSP had stickys transmission in their possession, I still don't see how they cant be at fault. Even if it's not a clutch issue, SSP had the entire trans to modify and fix whatever other issues they needed too and when they delivered the trans to sticky, it doesn't work. It's not like sticky bought clutches and Kris shipped them to another shop without seeing the trans.

It's still obvious that SERPS was asked to post this positive experience and link it in stickys thread, we aren't idiots, anyone can see that. It would be better off if people just stayed out of it, which is exactly what I'm going to do. It's not my build and really not my business so I'm not really commenting further. But it would be nice for people to come clean...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    These threads are getting better and better. Actually this whole forum is just kicking ass lately.
    I disagree.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well this is an interesting thread... Beyond the obvious bickering it seems the DCT crowd may have a solution via different clutch pack and using SJL to setup everything correctly. It appears he has experience with the GTR & Gallardo crowd and is using that for the DCT community now. Congrats to the OP for getting his build on the road and SJL for what appears to be a viable option for many. Doesnt totally negate the issue with someone else and SSP though I suspect some maturity and calm conversation between folks could resolve that issue. However thats not my problem to resolve. Good luck everyone
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ramjet Click here to enlarge
    I'm running well over 500wtq, but my DCT is slipping - desperate for a solution Click here to enlarge
    Have you tried running just a flash tune on your car, no piggyback? It may be crucial to report true load to the TCU but if its already slipping it may need repair first.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky you think I should apologize after what you have said about SSP and myself in this thread... your attitude, arrogance and general demeanour online is what warranted me calling you out. Not once have I threatened you or stooped down to your level of name calling, but I did enjoy some of the sly comments you directed towards me...had a good chuckle.
    RIGHT...... Except for in the original post when you said this:
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my story about my DCT build and my WR Dyno. This is not intended to start a tuning war or to make anyone look stupid *cough*cough* 135 pages of garbage.
    You've also been working on this since October 2012, there was NO attempt at documenting this or building any awareness -- Not a single comment or thread (even without pictures) was ever made.

I will say it one more time though "its not an SSP clutch disc hardware issue" and yes I'm running two extra plates. I've also ran into issue's too, but they all got resolved immediately, maybe if you explain why you took so long to test the product a lot more would be understood. Oooo and the TCU parameters, where never touched.
    Well it's an apples to orange comparison. Drew & Sticky both attempted at running the older version of the discs, and here you are running the newer version/material of the SSP clutches (a softer material). SJL has also confirmed that it's not a 100% direct swap:
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SJL Custom Auto Click here to enlarge
    That being said, to produce the power level Serps has been capable of, there is a valvebody mod required. Being a business man, Im not able to discuss the details at this point. There is also special DCT tuning software that we have used in order to setup the trans properly. This software has to be learned on the trans in a certain sequence in order for it to learn and perform at peak levels.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast