Close

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't agree more the DCT is a PITA to launch, but I feel with LSD and sticky tires it will be a beast at the strip.

All pulls where done in 5th
    Apparently BuraQ has pioneered the best DCT launch method. I think with drag radials a consistent 1.7 may be possible but it's just really finicky. The good news is once you get going the DCT flies. Seems to run at least 1mph faster than steptronics. On the runway a month ago one was running at least 2mph faster than a similar weight/modded step.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-06-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Again, he ran your latest G5 ISO firmware along with the latest BMS flash on THIS transmission. It didn't work well at all unfortunately and that's why the car was brought to us to see if on Cobb only we'd have any more luck with it.

The other car that went after Joe's on the dyno with the G5 ISO and also the latest BMS flash (6MT race gas+meth+spec clutch) did 420whp on latest map7 with race gas and meth. Then the car was dynoed on map3 with 75 meth add doing 428whp. He'll be trying out a pro tune as well soon to see how it compares to his G5 ISO+BMS Flash stack setup...
    We offer free custom tuning as well. Just did 460rw on a MT. So if you want an apples to apples compare your protune to our protune. The off the shelf stuff is left a bit conservative as many of our customers do runway runs which changes the tuning approach dramatically from single gear dyno pulls. What performs best on the dynojet definitely does not perform best on the runway. Once you start shifting *everything* changes.

RE OP I'd have to look at his support history to see where it was left off, and what the issue was. Doesn't really matter much at this point. But if he needs more help some day we'll be here. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-06-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    I don't want to into specific details but I can let you know that it wasn't an SSP hardware issue as he suggested.
    Read the thread, it wasn't exactly a hardware issue, but the fact that SSP couldn't install their own clutch correctly, there's a problem. Hopefully these clutch packs work as advertised.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Think everybody should look a little harder, Sticky's car is running fine as of yesterday. Turns out SSP (who did the DCT work) installed the clutch pack backwards. Because Sticky's car is pushing serious power, it'll be interesting to see how the clutches hold up once he cranks up the boost.

DCT Programming -- Same Physical DCT, Completely Different Software

Here's Sticky's thread (a NEW one) regarding the DCT clutch pack being reinstalled correctly & a quick, 3-4-5 pull with the YSI. This is a great sign (especially if you were having clutch slip), but I think Sticky's (or a Stage 2/3 N54) is going to be a better testament to an upgraded clutch pack.
    Is that what sticky posted LOL... backwards??? funny since they're non directional discs....soon enough the truth will come out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

3 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by dzenno@PTF is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Joe, just checked my box and the last email from you was around 2/18. The file I had sent has some of the changes but is still running the low load values. We later made many more changes there and still have a few more I want to make. On your flash version I was waiting for a log and feedback before sending a revision. Anyway, nothing replaces having a local tuner sitting with you on the dyno sorting everything out in real time. So I can understand why you went that route. No hard feelings and hope the car runs hard now. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Instead of getting into a pissing contest with terry (who seemed to just want to help the guy out if he was on an old version of the jb/BMS flash...until you jumped in) how about you take 3 minutes and post the vargas stage 1 results. Also LOL at trying to make terrys point about a custom map 6 vs OTS maps invalid, his OTS maps are impressive but in the end professional customization wins out even if by a small margin. Grats to the OP, very jealous of your DCT setup, AT woes are incoming for me now Click here to enlarge
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    One day you'll tout your BMS flash+G5 ISO stack as best thing since sliced bread. We custom tune them, show good numbers, and you can't wait to jump in and say you could always pro tune them too lol well, i suggest you do that then. It works really well, no stacking required at all Click here to enlarge
    For the record nothing is as good as sliced bread and I've never made any such claims. Click here to enlarge

You know as well as I can anyone can throw a car on the dyno. Run 1psi more or 1 degree more advance than the next guy, and make bigger numbers at the moment. That's just how this works. I've lately been making our back end flash maps more conservative (lowering advance, increasing IAT decay, richening up AFR, etc) as we've found that works better during real world situations where the car is shifting, etc. But we can make dynojet glory numbers too if someone wants. They just need to request it. And if I am sitting with them on the dyno we can run it as aggressively as they want. Which was why I brought up the 460rw stock turbo numbers. We could even push that up higher but it would be a tune I'd never want to run on the street. As it stands the 460rw tune is too aggressive for the runway IMHO unless using 100% E85 + meth.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-06-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for ruining this thread with all these comments you don't really "care" to make. 6MT is very different than a DCT car. This thread was about a customer getting some great numbers on a DCT car, getting around the headaches of the DCT's TCU interventions, and the new clutchpacks working out.

One day you'll tout your BMS flash+G5 ISO stack as best thing since sliced bread. We custom tune them, show good numbers, and you can't wait to jump in and say you could always pro tune them too lol well, i suggest you do that then. It works really well, no stacking required at all Click here to enlarge

lately I've been staying out of threads, but its apparent you're going off on a troll binge touting the superiority of your pro tuning over the alternatives.

since we're on topic, can you short shift a 6AT without dropping 12 degrees of timing in firing order on an E85 tune? how about fixing the 0 degree timing issue without a TCU reflash?

with that said, every car is clearly different. some have TCUs to deal with, others have unique setups that can't be tuned with one solution.

if and when this load-related correction and timing issue ever gets resolved flash only, be it through Cobb or open source, I'll be the first to hit you up for a tune. Until then, lets try and keep an open mind to tuning solutions other than your own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this with the Aplina flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    alpina flash is for AT only IIRC
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Joe, just checked my box and the last email from you was around 2/18. The file I had sent has some of the changes but is still running the low load values. We later made many more changes there and still have a few more I want to make. On your flash version I was waiting for a log and feedback before sending a revision. Anyway, nothing replaces having a local tuner sitting with you on the dyno sorting everything out in real time. So I can understand why you went that route. No hard feelings and hope the car runs hard now. Click here to enlarge
    We actually made the last 15whp on the dyno. Everything was sorted mostly through e-tuning and the dyno was done just to see the numbers.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Njz Click here to enlarge
    Instead of getting into a pissing contest with terry (who seemed to just want to help the guy out if he was on an old version of the jb/BMS flash...until you jumped in) how about you take 3 minutes and post the vargas stage 1 results. Also LOL at trying to make terrys point about a custom map 6 vs OTS maps invalid, his OTS maps are impressive but in the end professional customization wins out even if by a small margin. Grats to the OP, very jealous of your DCT setup, AT woes are incoming for me now Click here to enlarge
    Stage 1 numbers are coming. Car did 475whp after Joe and Nemo were off the dyno, in 4th gear. The reason I haven't posted those up yet are twofold, one related to actuator setup which made tuning boost at WOT onset a pain (actuator clips that hold them in place were placed on the opposite side). This causes them to be super boost happy down low in the RPMs creating enormous amounts of boost (24 to sometimes 28psi even) inducing torque humps down low. I couldn't adjust this unless I pulled them off again which I wasn't going to do at this time so I tried working around it as best as I could. The other MAJOR issue is me not having my USB stick with me, twice LOL I'll have the graphs up today, just waiting on the dyno shop to email them over...Don't be so harsh dude Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the record nothing is as good as sliced bread and I've never made any such claims. Click here to enlarge

You know as well as I can anyone can throw a car on the dyno. Run 1psi more or 1 degree more advance than the next guy, and make bigger numbers at the moment. That's just how this works. I've lately been making our back end flash maps more conservative (lowering advance, increasing IAT decay, richening up AFR, etc) as we've found that works better during real world situations where the car is shifting, etc. But we can make dynojet glory numbers too if someone wants. They just need to request it. And if I am sitting with them on the dyno we can run it as aggressively as they want. Which was why I brought up the 460rw stock turbo numbers. We could even push that up higher but it would be a tune I'd never want to run on the street. As it stands the 460rw tune is too aggressive for the runway IMHO unless using 100% E85 + meth.
    See now you're also implying these were glory runs LOL Just like you said it as well, its just custom tuning a car for their mods, octane, conditions that brings the most out of it
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This will be my first and last post about tune vs tune, as I already feel that the thread is off topic. I posted this today to show that there is a viable clutch upgrade for those of us who want to run more power in a DCT. I switched over to a straight flash tune because my DCT tech advised me that it was a better option as the N54 is all about load, and with my previous stack of a piggy/flash was affecting certain TCU parameters at the time. On a side note we have found out what the stock TQ ceiling is on the TCU and hitting it is not fun at allClick here to enlarge.
    I've spent numerous amounts of time and money perfecting the car and the best set-up for my me was the custom flash. As of now an N54 with DCT and COBB on its own is best. That being said I would love to see a DCT stack set-up not slipping and putting up some big #s too, as I feel it would be good for the N54 community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    See now you're also implying these were glory runs LOL Just like you said it as well, its just custom tuning a car for their mods, octane, conditions that brings the most out of it
    I saw Nemo's log. He's actually running a flash map from last year. Not bad considering. The newer flash version runs more advance @ 5500rpm. He's also under targeting a bit as FF is in the process of learning upward. So those advance & VANOS changes in the new map & more PWM should get him up to 440rw where he should be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw Nemo's log. He's actually running a flash map from last year. Not bad considering. The newer flash version runs more advance @ 5500rpm. He's also under targeting a bit as FF is in the process of learning upward. So those advance & VANOS changes in the new map & more PWM should get him up to 440rw where he should be.
    Click here to enlarge Not sure how that was a response to what you quoted me on above. I think its clear we're both in agreement that custom tuning a car vs OTS always provides gains.

In terms of Nemos map specifically, it had timing pulled mid gear on the dyno with all the octane you can throw at the car and meth flow showing 100% using your FSB setup. So, just saying you can stack more timing at 5500rpm to get some more power is quite strange, I guess to serve as an argument for something you need to prove. Nemo's boost was higher by 1.5psi at peak power than Joe's car too. If the JB was undertargeting boost because of FF "auto-tune", how much more boost would you want to run? You know very well almost 30whp is not doable with another 1deg and another 1psi when the turbos are already past their efficiency. If you're changing VANOS I'd love to see it as you'd have to change EVERYTHING to make anything happen with VANOS
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Not sure how that was a response to what you quoted me on above. I think its clear we're both in agreement that custom tuning a car vs OTS always provides gains.

In terms of Nemos map specifically, it had timing pulled mid gear on the dyno with all the octane you can throw at the car and meth flow showing 100% using your FSB setup. So, just saying you can stack more timing at 5500rpm to get some more power is quite strange, I guess to serve as an argument for something you need to prove. Nemo's boost was higher by 1.5psi at peak power than Joe's car too. If the JB was undertargeting boost because of FF "auto-tune", how much more boost would you want to run? You know very well almost 30whp is not doable with another 1deg and another 1psi when the turbos are already past their efficiency. If you're changing VANOS I'd love to see it as you'd have to change EVERYTHING to make anything happen with VANOS
    Boost should be following target. You can see in the log it's going a bit over target down low and a bit under target up top. I only saw one dyno chart and log so can't comment on the trend but if you move around maps it takes a couple runs for the FF system to dial itself back in to the new curve. Not a big deal. On Joe's you are doing DCT pulls in 5th gear so not really an apples to apples comparison on the tuning end regarding boost & timing vs. power output. But on Nemo's I'd want to see boost on target and another degree advance at peak power. The newer flash runs less advance down low. Around 9 degrees @ 3000rpm. I would not say 428rw is stinking up the dyno. But I see no reason why it shouldn't be 440rw+ with the current flash and tweak or two.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-06-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looks good. 4th or 5th gear pulls?

The DCT is a great trans from a roll but if you plan on drag racing it get ready to be disappointed. It's harder to launch than a manual IMHO and we know how those do vs. steptronics at the dragstrip. But for airport runs they outperform AT and MTs handily.
    He is going to have me to help with that part, as a matter of fact any DCT N54 that goes PTF PROtuned will be shared "in full" all my recipes for launch.

Proven fact 300+ launches in my car and the DCT is still asking for more

I am sure he will have no disappointments when it comes to that part.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    He is going to have me to help with that part, as a matter of fact any DCT N54 that goes PTF PROtuned will be shared "in full" all my recipes for launch.

Proven fact 300+ launches in my car and the DCT is still asking for more

I am sure he will have no disappointments when it comes to that part.
    So you're finally getting a real tune? Congrats! Can't wait to see how it does!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Boost should be following target. You can see in the log it's going a bit over target down low and a bit under target up top. I only saw one dyno chart and log so can't comment on the trend but if you move around maps it takes a couple runs for the FF system to dial itself back in to the new curve. Not a big deal. On Joe's you are doing DCT pulls in 5th gear so not really an apples to apples comparison on the tuning end regarding boost & timing vs. power output. But on Nemo's I'd want to see boost on target and another degree advance at peak power. The newer flash runs less advance down low. Around 9 degrees @ 3000rpm.
    A few posts earlier you compared your shop car's 6MT doing 460whp on what you said was a glory tune (80% wgdc) against this DCT car tuned considerably conservative WGDC wise. That was definitely apples to apples.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A few posts earlier you compared your shop car's 6MT doing 460whp on what you said was a glory tune (80% wgdc) against this DCT car tuned considerably conservative WGDC wise. That was definitely apples to apples.
    There was no intention to make that an apples to apples comparison. A DCT running in 5th on that same tune would probably do 470rw+. IIRC that was on E50 and a CM12 nozzle running 100% ethanol (too lazy to source meth here).

What fuel was Nemo running anyway? 94 + a couple gallons of race gas? Or straight race gas?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was no intention to make that an apples to apples comparison. A DCT running in 5th on that same tune would probably do 470rw+. IIRC that was on E50 and a CM12 nozzle running 100% ethanol (too lazy to source meth here).

What fuel was Nemo running anyway? 94 + a couple gallons of race gas? Or straight race gas?
    You're too funny. You've emailed him right away today for logs and yet you're asking me what fuel he was running. Email him, or is this question supposed to serve a different purpose now?

Funny how you think you have the courtesy to throw numbers around just like that. When others do similar things or just make a "claim" that there are some gains somewhere they're burned and told to either shut up or show numbers.

In terms of 80+% WGDCs, good luck with that car making it down the 1/4 for a pass...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno and Terry,

Not trying to be rude at all; however, can we just read about the DCT information/upgrades please?

The tuner stuff has a time and a place - just not this thread.

Thanks,
    Mike

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Dzenno and Terry,

Not trying to be rude at all; however, can we just read about the DCT information/upgrades please?

The tuner stuff has a time and a place - just not this thread.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I agree.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're too funny. You've emailed him right away today for logs and yet you're asking me what fuel he was running. Email him, or is this question supposed to serve a different purpose now?

Funny how you think you have the courtesy to throw numbers around just like that. When others do similar things or just make a "claim" that there are some gains somewhere they're burned and told to either shut up or show numbers.

In terms of 80+% WGDCs, good luck with that car making it down the 1/4 for a pass...
    Not following you?

I'm asking you because you were the one there who told me his numbers. Nemo is not touching 80% duty cycle even at higher RPM. On N55s we run 100% duty cycle, lol. If you are talking about our N54 MT I agree the 460rw tune is aggressive but I'd say it's acceptable for 1/4 mile glory but not acceptable for 1/2 mile glory. Stock turbos are cheap these days anyway though. Click here to enlarge

Anyway if you want to get the thread back on track lets see those logs from the runs. Nemo's log is posted so it will be interesting to compare DCT vs. MT, power vs. advance.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast