Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    As I said if the scalar fixes it then I wouldn't worry much about it. It's just a car. Click here to enlarge
    I checked the Stage 1 Drive map and the lean spool is not checked. Guess I will give the 1.2 Scalar a shot and see what happens.

All I need to do is change the scalar to 1.2 for each bank, correct?
    Last edited by stangorang; 06-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Correct.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Correct.
    Went back to the OTS Stage 1 Drive map before trying out changes to the scalar. I drove it for like 2 mins before starting to do these pulls, so maybe things will get better/worse with time.

It looks like that lean area in the 3-4k RPM range has disappeared. The trims look slightly better but what is becoming more apparent to me is the large difference in trims between the two banks. That does not seem like a normal thing when looking at logs from other people using OTS maps.

I did a log at idle which confirms bank 1 and 2 have fairly different trims.

So maybe this is strictly a bank 2 issue? Leak? Cat clogged? Something else I'm not thinking of..... Thoughts?

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    So maybe this is strictly a bank 2 issue? Leak? Cat clogged? Something else I'm not thinking of..... Thoughts?
    Well let's go over all the things that can influence trims. At least you're asking in the right spot let's get you some answers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Here are the IPW values at idle. I have no basis for comparison so at this point the data is not particularly useful.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Did some more work on the car this past weekend thanks to Dr. Euro
    - Stock downpipes were replaced with aftermarket ones without cats
    - All O2 sensors were placed, pre and post cats
    - Replace two vacuum lines from the vacuum canisters to the pumps (I think thats what they are) above the turbos.
    - Changed to a Stage 2 Drive map.

It feels strong, no stuttering that I could discern.

After a week of driving it like this the logs below were obtained. AFR looks rock solid to me Click here to enlarge
    The fuel trims are still different between the two banks, but maybe that is something I will just have to live with.
    Any last thoughts from anyone?

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Have had a hard time finding logs to compare to, but does this look like a normal ramp up for the HPFP?

Some of the actual values are nearly 200 PSI below the requested in the section where the car gets a tad lean.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

maybe carbon build up?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234