Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    where is the documentation?
    Chill, I'm looking for it. Looks like I will need to take a day and drive down to the dealer to get a copy as I don't know where the hell I put it.

Unless you would like to drive down for me?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fear I may be responsible for fueling this drama in a way. I was the one who asked the question about Sticky's car. The reason I asked is because another user had just posted that he "knew for a fact..." not one Gintani SC'd car had a failed motor. Cruising the forums, I had heard that something (I did not know what) had happened to Sticky's car and he had sold the supercharger. Now since this guy seemed to know ALL the facts on every Gintani SC'd car (question was really directed toward him, not PG- hence the quoted reply) - I thought he could shed light on whether or not the problem was associated with the SC. The question was earnest as I want to get into a SC in the very near future and reliability will far exceed performance on my priority list. So, sorry if I chambered the round Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 Click here to enlarge
    I fear I may be responsible for fueling this drama in a way. I was the one who asked the question about Sticky's car. The reason I asked is because another user had just posted that he "knew for a fact..." not one Gintani SC'd car had a failed motor. Cruising the forums, I had heard that something (I did not know what) had happened to Sticky's car and he had sold the supercharger. Now since this guy seemed to know ALL the facts on every Gintani SC'd car (question was really directed toward him, not PG- hence the quoted reply) - I thought he could shed light on whether or not the problem was associated with the SC. The question was earnest as I want to get into a SC in the very near future and reliability will far exceed performance on my priority list. So, sorry if I chambered the round Click here to enlarge
    Its a very legitimate question. If/when i have a e92 m3 and am looking at investing a huge chunk of cash on any thing that expensive i would definately want to know all the pro's and con's.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Not a big deal, if you were a member here why not just ask me directly?

I sold my SC as I am moving a bigger SC and built motor.

No gintani car has failed.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Chill, I'm looking for it. Looks like I will need to take a day and drive down to the dealer to get a copy as I don't know where the hell I put it.

Unless you would like to drive down for me?
    Id love a drive down to cali Click here to enlarge But i doubt the dealership would hand that info over.

Cant you call them and get them to fax it over?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Cant you call them and get them to fax it over?
    I think so, but I don't have a fix at my place. I'll try to have them fax it to a friend who then can hopefully scan it so then I can post it to prove whatever it is this is supposed to prove that doesn't even have anything to do with a Gintani supercharger. If they won't fax, then I'll drive. I'll call them as soon as they open.

I knew I might need these in the future so I hid them somewhere but it seems I hid them too well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think so, but I don't have a fix at my place. I'll try to have them fax it to a friend who then can hopefully scan it so then I can post it to prove whatever it is this is supposed to prove that doesn't even have anything to do with a Gintani supercharger. If they won't fax, then I'll drive. I'll call them as soon as they open.

I knew I might need these in the future so I hid them somewhere but it seems I hid them too well.
    I hate when that happens. I hid my spare motorcycle key when i first bought it. . . Been searching for it ever since Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a big deal, if you were a member here why not just ask me directly?

I sold my SC as I am moving a bigger SC and built motor.

No gintani car has failed.
    As you can tell, I haven't come here often and the topic just happened to come up on the other forum. You're right though, it's always better to hear it from the horse's mouth. Anyway, I'll be cruising here more often since I need to learn more about FI - plus I prefer the home page articles on this site.

So, what do you mean by a "built motor?" Like a stroker? Is that because you think the stock motor won't handle the boost you're planning??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So, what do you mean by a "built motor?" Like a stroker? Is that because you think the stock motor won't handle the boost you're planning??
    A built motor does not have to a be stroker. Built usually means aftermarket internals, you can keep the same stroke. A stroker involves a new crank and different rods but is also considered a built motor.

In my case, it is going to be a built low compression stroker motor. The stock motor can only take so much boost before detonating at 12.0:1. Dropping the compresison essentially let's you run more boost, you can accomplish this with lower compression pistons or a thicker headgasket. The right way is to do lower compression pistsons.

I appreciate your comments on the home page, I put in a lot of work to make it interesting and not just regurgitated BMW press releases and bmwblog articles like the other site.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

wow valves have nothing to do with blowing a motor. they just needed an excuse to change their attention to you. i know this might be off topic sticky.. but what are you doing to your car exactly? i know you sold your gintani kit.. will you be doing the built motor and SC by gintani again?? or let us know! i'm curious about your car Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    wow valves have nothing to do with blowing a motor.
    E X A C T L Y.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    t what are you doing to your car exactly? i know you sold your gintani kit.. will you be doing the built motor and SC by gintani again??
    Yep, exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

E X A C T L Y.

Yep, exactly.
    How is the progress with getting the documentation? At least 1 of drama threads can have some proof to the talk.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

How is the progress with getting the documentation? At least 1 of drama threads can have some proof to the talk.
    I have not forgotten, don't worry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The guy is madly in love with me, madly. Someone can ask a question about tires and he will all of a sudden go off on some tangent about me. I think he dreams about me.
    He wants to have your babies... LOL
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not forgotten, don't worry.
    Oh ok, just curious.....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Oh ok, just curious.....
    Just busy, I'll get to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

interesting
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12