Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

So even with the discs now properly oriented it still doesnt work?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    So even with the discs now properly oriented it still doesnt work?
    It wasn't a disc orientation issue. Who knows what the issue is. An OEM trans and flywheel works perfectly though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It wasn't a disc orientation issue. Who knows what the issue is. An OEM trans and flywheel works perfectly though.
    I thought u said the discs were in backwards?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Ya that wasn't it. The discs were just oxidized. Did you even bother reading post #24?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

So how about you edit your story in the first post to show correct information?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

So how about you edit your story in the first post to show correct information?
    How about people read the thread?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

From the OP:
    Well, Gintani figured it out. The "experts" at SSP installed some of the clutch discs backwards. Also, some of the discs for whatever reason had corrosion. Were they always kept wet?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    Just a quick question , how is it possible to put in non-directional disc in backwards sticky??
    I wish I knew but that is exactly what I was told
    Ya that wasn't it. The discs were just oxidized.
    So, someone at Gintani said "you're never gonna believe this, but the discs were in backwards" - and then it later turned out that it's impossible that they were backwards, because they're non-directional? Ouch.

I'm not terribly surprised that the discs might've been oxidized here, unfortunately. Inactivity is a killer in automotive hardware. Seals start to dry/weep, fluid doesn't get circulated the way it's designed... everything just sits static (obviously). If this trans sat back in some dark corner of Gintani's shop floor for 18 months not being used, it's not a stretch to imagine moisture getting in the box and oxidizing (i.e. rusting) some of the internals. I wonder if the prolonged inactivity could even explain the flywheel warpage? That I don't know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    So, someone at Gintani said "you're never gonna believe this, but the discs were in backwards" - and then it later turned out that it's impossible that they were backwards, because they're non-directional? Ouch.
    Ouch what? I'm on the phone just listening to what is said and they were opening up the trans and the discs looked all messed up. What conclusion would you ahve drawn?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    I'm not terribly surprised that the discs might've been oxidized here, unfortunately. Inactivity is a killer in automotive hardware. Seals start to dry/weep, fluid doesn't get circulated the way it's designed... everything just sits static (obviously). If this trans sat back in some dark corner of Gintani's shop floor for 18 months not being used, it's not a stretch to imagine moisture getting in the box and oxidizing (i.e. rusting) some of the internals. I wonder if the prolonged inactivity could even explain the flywheel warpage? That I don't know.
    Funny how a stock M3 can sit and be fine then? The clutches are wet, not dry. Did the thought cross your mind that maybe since the SSP oil pan never fit correctly they let the clutches get dry since everything leaked out? Or maybe it just sat disassembled forever open to the air?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Funny how a stock M3 can sit and be fine then? The clutches are wet, not dry. Did the thought cross your mind that maybe since the SSP oil pan never fit correctly they let the clutches get dry since everything leaked out? Or maybe it just sat disassembled forever open to the air?
    Oxidation can obviously only occur when the clutches are exposed to air...

So Gintani is implying that SSP would be stupid enough to put back in oxidized clutches? In a DCT of a build which they knew all the interwebz would be over? Hard to believe to say the least.

I feel bad for you as you're stuck between two shops who merely blame each other instead of fixing this mess.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    So Gintani is implying that SSP would be stupid enough to put back in oxidized clutches?
    Yes.

In a DCT of a build which they knew all the interwebz would be over? Hard to believe to say the least.
    Exactly but I just don't think the dude cares or he would have already fixed it.

I feel bad for you as you're stuck between two shops who merely blame each other instead of fixing this mess.
    Then why is it one shop took a DCT out of a personal car to get the car working? The car runs fine with Gintani's own trans...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Then why is it one shop took a DCT out of a personal car to get the car working? The car runs fine with Gintani's own trans...
    People seem to keep forgetting/ignoring this fact....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I really do not know why more shop owners are not hung by their balls or shot point blank.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I really do not know why more shop owners are not hung by their balls or shot point blank.
    HPF, ASR, Vishnu, SSP, the list goes on....
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12